• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

American : do you believe Israel is America's strongest ally in the middle east ?

"Allies" is really doublespeak for the quid pro quo deals that define international relations. Turkey has proved to be most reliable middle eastern nation when it comes to making mutually beneficial arrangements with the United States. They are a NATO member, provided missile sites during the Cold War and air bases during Gulf War. Recent leaders on both sides have rather ****ed up the current relationship, but historically it was quite productive.

The problem with Israel as an ally is that they receive huge quantities of aid and give very little in return. There is some technology transfer, intelligence sharing and military exercises, but nothing that is quite equivalent to billions of dollars. The U.S. also faces a certain amount of blowback for the relationship, which is not helped by the stupidity of policies regarding the settlements.

I don't think anyone can call Israel an ally as they pretty much do whatever they feel suits their own needs, personally I think Israel could care less about the US so long as that military aid keeps rolling in.

That's not quite correct. Most of the aid goes back to the US in sales, and Israel has done some to help the US (putting their policy of retaliation on standby during the Gulf War, for example). I'm pretty sure we also share intelligence as well.

That's not quite correct. Most of the aid goes back to the US in sales, and Israel has done some to help the US (putting their policy of retaliation on standby during the Gulf War, for example). I'm pretty sure we also share intelligence as well.

oh yeh Israel has been a big help in US based conflicts...cough

I believe that the Israeli government is the United States' biggest liability in the Middle East. People will come and complain to us if said government starts blowing stuff up they aren't supposed to again, and rightly so since we're the one giving them the weapons.

This is a survey. Please state your age and religion. I'm 24 non religious.

I'm 54 and Christian, is this a callout thread? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom