• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ambassador Kennedy Accuses China of Raising Tension in the Region.....

Actually Biden is extremely smart, and knows IR forwards and backwards. Given Biden's experience in international relations, and Kerry's poor record even as Secretary of State, I'm glad Biden is going over there.

Biden won't let them walk over him, and has the ability to tell them to go **** themselves and they will thank him for the opportunity.

I disagree with Biden's politics on many issues, not all, but many; as to foreign policy and international relations however, he has my respect.

I too suppose there is more there than meets the eye. I wish him all the luck in the world because this is important (I think).

Actually Biden is extremely smart, and knows IR forwards and backwards. Given Biden's experience in international relations, and Kerry's poor record even as Secretary of State, I'm glad Biden is going over there.

Biden won't let them walk over him, and has the ability to tell them to go **** themselves and they will thank him for the opportunity.

I disagree with Biden's politics on many issues, not all, but many; as to foreign policy and international relations however, he has my respect.
and I hope he does tell them to "make love" themselves! Imagine the sheer effrontery of these little yellow monkeys, setting up an “air defense identification zone” inside America's seven thousand mile territorial waters!!! After such a bald faced threat to the Bubbalonian mainland it is a testament to America's traditional patience, tolerance, and saintliness that Waspington hasn't dropped the big one on them already!

and I hope he does tell them to "make love" themselves! Imagine the sheer effrontery of these little yellow monkeys, setting up an “air defense identification zone” inside America's seven thousand mile territorial waters!!! After such a bald faced threat to the Bubbalonian mainland it is a testament to America's traditional patience, tolerance, and saintliness that Waspington hasn't dropped the big one on them already!

Nice pointless rant, since you obviously know nothing about international relations, or mutual defense treaties, and is just hilarious coming from a guy who's country still flies the flag of the imperialist English empire.

Tell me again how Australia was given peacefully in homage to the Kings and Queens of England?

The US has an interest in that area maintaining peaceful relations with each other, which you guys (Pacific nations as a whole) have had a difficult time doing for over a thousand years (even though the English imperialists in Australia came more recently). Even if you personally don't think so. Maybe your just pissed because Australia's largest market for your raw ore is China? I can understand why you wouldn't want a conflict that would interfere with your ability to sell your stuff. The pocket book is a very big motivator.

Maybe you remember the last Pacific nation that decided to just start annexing areas of the Pacific?

wc21_japempirem.jpg

If you'd like, I can recommend some reading materials so that you can understand the issue better, including the history of the Pacific region, the roles of the players in that history, and the modern expansion of China in its military capability to allow it to feel comfortable with this aggression. Just let me know.

Does China really need to be "defeated", as in invaded and taken by force, or does simply keeping them from invading other countries by blocking them in, and destroying the few navel vessels they have, along with a significant number of their aircraft should they become hostile, be enough to keep them in check. I realize nearly a century has passed since WW2, but don't forget that China was actually invaded and basically controlled by the Japanese military, a country of less than 150 million dominating a country with a population of 1.4 billion.

Yes, China has nukes. However, if China uses those nukes it will sign the death knell of millions upon millions of its own people.

China is posturing for a purpose. I don't pretend to have the military/interglobal knowledge of what that purpose might be, but I'm fairly certain WW3 isn't a part of its plan.

As I said earlier, it was only a hypothetical conventional war which I realize is even less likely than Sarah Palin to kissing Obama's ass. As for the historical part, most have their doubts whether the Japanese could have defeated China.

I agree with the ambassador that China are raising the tensions in the region but so is the US, Japan and Korea. How can you try and reprimand China whilst sending bombers, subs and jets into the region?

Update: Biden on the J.O.B. today. First up Japan. ;)

Biden urges Japan, China to lower tensions over air defense zone

2013-12-03T141824Z_1_CBRE9B213QR00_RTROPTP_2_CNEWS-US-JAPAN-CHINA-BIDEN.JPG

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden called on Japan and China to find ways to reduce tensions that spiked after Beijing proclaimed an air defense zone over disputed isles in the East China Sea, while repeating Washington was "deeply concerned" by the move.

The United States has made clear it will stand by treaty obligations that require it to defend the Japanese-controlled islands, but it is also reluctant to get dragged into any military clash between the Asian rivals.

"This action has raised regional tensions and increased the risk of accidents and miscalculation," Biden told a news conference alongside Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

"This underscores the need for crisis management mechanisms and effective channels of communication between China and Japan to reduce the risk of escalation."

He said he would raise U.S. concerns directly when he met Chinese leaders.

Japan reiterated on Tuesday that Tokyo and Washington had both rejected Beijing's establishment of the zone - despite the fact that three U.S. airlines, acting on government advice, are notifying China of plans to transit the area.

Washington is also asking China not to set up an air defense zone in the South China Sea, where Beijing is locked in territorial rows with Southeast Asian nations, without first consulting countries concerned, a senior official travelling with Biden told reporters, according to Kyodo news agency.

The Japanese and South Korean governments have advised their airlines not to submit flight plans in advance as demanded from all aircraft since it announced the creation of the zone on November 23.....snip~

Nice pointless rant, since you obviously know nothing about international relations, or mutual defense treaties, and is just hilarious coming from a guy who's country still flies the flag of the imperialist English empire.

Tell me again how Australia was given peacefully in homage to the Kings and Queens of England?

The US has an interest in that area maintaining peaceful relations with each other, which you guys (Pacific nations as a whole) have had a difficult time doing for over a thousand years (even though the English imperialists in Australia came more recently). Even if you personally don't think so. Maybe your just pissed because Australia's largest market for your raw ore is China? I can understand why you wouldn't want a conflict that would interfere with your ability to sell your stuff. The pocket book is a very big motivator.

Maybe you remember the last Pacific nation that decided to just start annexing areas of the Pacific?

wc21_japempirem.jpg

If you'd like, I can recommend some reading materials so that you can understand the issue better, including the history of the Pacific region, the roles of the players in that history, and the modern expansion of China in its military capability to allow it to feel comfortable with this aggression. Just let me know.

Beaudreaux:
The US has an interest in that area maintaining peaceful relations with each other,
If you believe this blatant bulls--t, in light of Bubbalonia's long and criminal history of ruthlessly bombarding, bombing, blockading, invading, and preying on helpless Lilliputian nations all over the globe since its Calvinazi inception, you are beyond being the typical rabidly biased Seppo, you are obviously mentally disturbed.

As for me knowing nothing about international relations, Mr. Know Nothing, you're clearly the one who needs education as to what your rapacious robber baron nation is up to this time. Here is the real reason why The Evil Empire is upset with China.

Beaudreaux: If you believe this blatant bulls--t, in light of Bubbalonia's long and criminal history of ruthlessly bombarding, bombing, blockading, invading, and preying on helpless Lilliputian nations all over the globe since its Calvinazi inception, you are beyond being the typical rabidly biased Seppo, you are obviously mentally disturbed.

As for me knowing nothing about international relations, Mr. Know Nothing, you're clearly the one who needs education as to what your rapacious robber baron nation is up to this time. Here is the real reason why The Evil Empire is upset with China.

Calvinazi??? That one was inspired and funny as hell. I'm still laughing. I'll use that one too if you don't mind. But wait, why am I asking for your permission? Who did you steal that from? Obviously you stole it because a witty quip like that couldn't be an original thought from you?

As for the rest of your "response", I'll just put it down as a vivid example of why you chose your name on this board. Your argument = :soap

Beaudreaux: If you believe this blatant bulls--t, in light of Bubbalonia's long and criminal history of ruthlessly bombarding, bombing, blockading, invading, and preying on helpless Lilliputian nations all over the globe since its Calvinazi inception, you are beyond being the typical rabidly biased Seppo, you are obviously mentally disturbed.

:lol: So you think we are upset with China over the dollar? Yet the Saud and Opec Nations have been pushing for the US dollar to be removed as the worlds reserve currency. Uhm.....I would look more at the Treaty Obligations to have a better understanding. Just saying. From your link. :roll:

“The escalation of military tensions between Washington and Beijing in the East China Sea is superficially over China’s unilateral declaration of an air defense zone. But the real reason for Washington’s ire is the recent Chinese announcement that it is planning to reduce its holdings of the US dollar,” he wrote.

Cunningham said China “move to offload some of its 3.5 trillion in US dollar reserves” poses “a mortal threat to the American petrodollar and the entire American economy.”

“China - the second biggest economy in the world and a top importer of oil - has or is seeking oil trading arrangements with its major suppliers, including Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Venezuela, which will involve the exchange of national currencies,” he wrote, warning that the development threatens “the petrodollar and its global reserve status.”

Cunningham said Beijing’s November 20 notice about plan to “shift its risky foreign exchange holdings” in US dollars for other currencies “is a harbinger that the American economy’s days are numbered.”.....snip~

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/12/01/337686/china-plan-to-quit-dollar-infuriates-us/

Last edited:
Update: Biden on the J.O.B. today. First up Japan. ;)

2013-12-03T141824Z_1_CBRE9B213QR00_RTROPTP_2_CNEWS-US-JAPAN-CHINA-BIDEN.JPG

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden called on Japan and China to find ways to reduce tensions that spiked after Beijing proclaimed an air defense zone over disputed isles in the East China Sea, while repeating Washington was "deeply concerned" by the move.

The United States has made clear it will stand by treaty obligations that require it to defend the Japanese-controlled islands, but it is also reluctant to get dragged into any military clash between the Asian rivals.

"This action has raised regional tensions and increased the risk of accidents and miscalculation," Biden told a news conference alongside Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

"This underscores the need for crisis management mechanisms and effective channels of communication between China and Japan to reduce the risk of escalation."

He said he would raise U.S. concerns directly when he met Chinese leaders.

Japan reiterated on Tuesday that Tokyo and Washington had both rejected Beijing's establishment of the zone - despite the fact that three U.S. airlines, acting on government advice, are notifying China of plans to transit the area.

Washington is also asking China not to set up an air defense zone in the South China Sea, where Beijing is locked in territorial rows with Southeast Asian nations, without first consulting countries concerned, a senior official travelling with Biden told reporters, according to Kyodo news agency.

The Japanese and South Korean governments have advised their airlines not to submit flight plans in advance as demanded from all aircraft since it announced the creation of the zone on November 23.....snip~

Of all the people in the Obama administration, up to and including Mr. Nobel Peace Prize Obama himself, Biden is the only one that I trust to deal with this.

Of all the people in the Obama administration, up to and including Mr. Nobel Peace Prize Obama himself, Biden is the only one that I trust to deal with this.

Heya Beaudreaux :2wave: So then why are we telling 3 of our major airlines to notify China of any plans to transit the area? Knowing South Korea and Japan will not.

:lol: So you think we are upset with China over the dollar? Yet the Saud and Opec Nations have been pushing for the US dollar to be removed as the worlds reserve currency. Uhm.....I would look more at the Treaty Obligations to have a better understanding. Just saying. From your link. :roll:

“The escalation of military tensions between Washington and Beijing in the East China Sea is superficially over China’s unilateral declaration of an air defense zone. But the real reason for Washington’s ire is the recent Chinese announcement that it is planning to reduce its holdings of the US dollar,” he wrote.

Cunningham said China “move to offload some of its 3.5 trillion in US dollar reserves” poses “a mortal threat to the American petrodollar and the entire American economy.”

“China - the second biggest economy in the world and a top importer of oil - has or is seeking oil trading arrangements with its major suppliers, including Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Venezuela, which will involve the exchange of national currencies,” he wrote, warning that the development threatens “the petrodollar and its global reserve status.”

Cunningham said Beijing’s November 20 notice about plan to “shift its risky foreign exchange holdings” in US dollars for other currencies “is a harbinger that the American economy’s days are numbered.”.....snip~

PressTV - China plan to quit dollar infuriates US: Analyst

It's all about the mutual defense treaty. How in the hell does anyone think that going to war over a country dumping the dollar would have a positive impact on the dollar or our economy? It would do the exact opposite. And to think that threatening China? Militarily? Over the Dollar? Would be a reasonable response to assume our government would consider??? They have the largest military in the friggin' world!!! And they're nuclear capable as well!!!

Again, this goes solely to our mutual defense treaties, but as your article previously posted shows, we're trying as hard as we can to NOT have a military confrontation.

But??? USA Haters gotta hate...

Heya Beaudreaux :2wave: So then why are we telling 3 of our major airlines to notify China of any plans to transit the area? Knowing South Korea and Japan will not.

Because we don't want the Chinese to do what we regrettably did when the USS Vincennese shot down Iran Air Flight 665 in 1988.

PressTV - China plan to quit dollar infuriates US: Analyst

Yet the Saud and Opec Nations have been pushing for the US dollar to be removed as the worlds reserve currency.
So?? This only exacerbates Bubbalonia's economic predicament. Once your dollar loses it present undeserved reserve currency status America can kiss its economic arse goodbye. The buying power of the US dollar will be reduced to that of the Wiemar Republic's Mark, i.e, absolutely worthless.

It's all about the mutual defense treaty. How in the hell does anyone think that going to war over a country dumping the dollar would have a positive impact on the dollar or our economy? It would do the exact opposite. And to think that threatening China? Militarily? Over the Dollar? Would be a reasonable response to assume our government would consider??? They have the largest military in the friggin' world!!! And they're nuclear capable as well!!!

Again, this goes solely to our mutual defense treaties, but as your article previously posted shows, we're trying as hard as we can to NOT have a military confrontation.

But??? USA Haters gotta hate...

Poor, poor Beaudreaux. :doh:roll:

So?? This only exacerbates Bubbalonia's economic predicament. Once your dollar loses it present undeserved reserve currency status America can kiss its economic arse goodbye. The buying power of the US dollar will be reduced to that of the Wiemar Republic's Mark, i.e, absolutely worthless.

That I can agree with. But it has nothing to do with the current thread topic.

Then you forgot who protects their transportation thereof. Which then we could just start charging a fee for safe passage. Sure would hate to see us get into a position of having to make one an offer they can't refuse.

That I can agree with. But it has nothing to do with the current thread topic.
Finally dawned on you, did it!
Ambassador Kennedy Accuses China of Raising Tension in the Region
This has nothing to do with the current thread topic? I'd say China sabotaging Bubbalonia's economy has heaps to do with its show of bellicosity.

Naturally you see the whole episode as an intolerable instance of China's arrogance in imagining it can appropriate some rocks off its coast, just like Bubbalonia blithely appropriates nations at will all over the globe. I'd probably think the same way too if I was raised in that bizarre Calvinazi theme park you call "Umuruka."

As far as I know they have never been able to take Japan.....how do they do this without a Navy?

:

The same way the Nazis invaded Britain during World War II.....oh, wait a minute......never mind.

Finally dawned on you, did it! This has nothing to do with the current thread topic? I'd say China sabotaging Bubbalonia's economy has heaps to do with its show of bellicosity.

Naturally you see the whole episode as an intolerable instance of China's arrogance in imagining it can appropriate some rocks off its coast, just like Bubbalonia blithely appropriates nations at will all over the globe. I'd probably think the same way too if I was raised in that bizarre Calvinazi theme park you call "Umuruka."

Here's the deal mate; we can debate civilly or you can be an arse toward me and my country. I've tried, it's your turn. We can't do both.

Here's the deal mate; we can debate civilly or you can be an arse toward me and my country. I've tried, it's your turn. We can't do both.
You are too far gone in your Christo-capitalist patriotism to debate anything with. Anyone that automatically blames China for America's current act of blatant aggression, 7 thousand miles away from its own shores, is bigoted beyond belief and it is a total waste of breath arguing with them.

You are too far gone in your Christo-capitalist patriotism to debate anything with. Anyone that automatically blames China for America's current act of blatant aggression, 7 thousand miles away from its own shores, is bigoted beyond belief and it is a total waste of breath arguing with them.

(emphasis added by me)

:shock:...:lamo....:slapme:.....:damn

Everyone calm down. Everything's going to be OK. Joe Biden has kicked off his presidential campaign and in both Japan and China in person he'd going to tell them both countries ought to just work it out.

So everything's being taken care. I'm certain what China and Japan MOST wanted to know is what Joe Biden thinks.

:lamo

(emphasis added by me)

:shock:...:lamo....:slapme:.....:damn

And I thought that you and I would never agree on anything and you totally upset that applecart.

Back
Top Bottom