• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alex jones jury decides on $45.2 million in putative damages.

And this is exactly what is wrong with this country. People have no problem with going to great lengths to defend the vile behavior of "their" side because it's free speech or they think the behavior doesn't break a law.

smdh
That’s exactly what’s good about this country - you can’t just throw somebody in jail for no reason other than you don’t like them or don’t personally agree with their speech.

That’s exactly what’s good about this country - you can’t just throw somebody in jail for no reason other than you don’t like them or don’t personally agree with their speech.
Who is throwing Alex Jones in jail? He might go for perjury but that will be his own fault.

Read the law. They can’t sue somebody for profiting by lying. They can only sue if those lies are defamatory.
The families lawyer stated clearly in his closing argument,
Take the bullhorn away from Alex Jones and anyone else who believes they can profit off fear and misinformation.

There must be damages in the defamation claim. Or you won't have a case. You have to have suffered, and or someone profits off of your defamation. They proved they suffered from his lying, and he profited off of those lies.

Who is throwing Alex Jones in jail? He might go for perjury but that will be his own fault.
Ok, so what are you proposing to do to people who’s legal speech you don’t agree with?

And this is exactly what is wrong with this country. People have no problem with going to great lengths to defend the vile behavior of "their" side because it's free speech or they think the behavior doesn't break a law.

smdh
Exactly. I hope this serves as a lesson for all these creeps.

The families lawyer stated clearly in his closing argument,
Take the bullhorn away from Alex Jones and anyone else who believes they can profit off fear and misinformation.

There must be damages in the defamation claim. Or you won't have a case. You have to have suffered, and or someone profits off of your defamation. They proved they suffered from his lying, and he profited off of those lies.
What you aren’t getting is that whether or not he profited off of them is irrelevant as is any lie that isn’t defamatory. So again, profiting through lies - which is what our economy and entire political structure is based on - is not a cause for civil action as you claimed. Only defamation and libel are.

I know you're not that naive. Everyone with a brain new Alex Jones was a money whore who profited off of others misery.

Freedom has it's limits. Speed home and try it out. Alex Jones tested his limits, and got his freedom ass handed to him.

I know you're not that naive. Everyone with a brain new Alex Jones was a money whore who profited off of others misery.

Freedom has it's limits. Speed home and try it out. Alex Jones tested his limits, and got his freedom ass handed to him.
I’ve already told you. I don’t care enough to award anyone $150 million for hurt feelings and neither did the jury in this case.

What you aren’t getting is that whether or not he profited off of them is irrelevant as is any lie that isn’t defamatory. So again, profiting through lies - which is what our economy and entire political structure is based on - is not a cause for civil action as you claimed. Only defamation and libel are.
Just watch the case, and learn something new. Don't use information to own a lib if your information is weak. Another lesson you're learning right now.

This thread is about Alex Jones, and the defendants in his case. He was proven liable. What about's mean nothing.

Others can file, and sue, and do whatever the heck they want. Nothing excuses what Alex Jones did, or what his victims suffered.
Who said anything about excusing Alex Jones?

Just watch the case, and learn something new. Don't use information to own a lib if your information is weak. Another lesson you're learning right now.
Read the law. What I’m saying is not debateable. Companies and politicians make money every minute of every day with lies. Merely profiting by lying is not a cause for civil action under the law. Only defamation and libel are actionable and it doesn’t matter if money is involved.

I’ve already told you. I don’t care enough to award anyone $150 million for hurt feelings and neither did the jury in this case.
It will be more than that when he's done. Trust me. You're not a judge, so why do I care what you think?

LMAO... Let me know when his appeal succeeds.. In the meantime, he doesn't get shit...
So your really not opposed to defamation. It's just another partisan weapon to be used against your enemies.

Sandman should just get a job, it would lead to fewer disappointments.

So your really not opposed to defamation. It's just another partisan weapon to be used against your enemies.

I am opposed to bullshit lawsuits..

You just had to do it. Some lib trashes Jones so you have to knee jerk a response, you couldn't just be, for once on the side of humanity.
Do you think the questioned I posed is unfair?

It will be more than that when he's done. Trust me. You're not a judge, so why do I care what you think?
It won’t be anything close to that because of the caps in Texas and Connecticut.

When does the MSM go on trial for the same nonsense?
You pose an interesting question. I don’t know the answer. When do you expect the mainstream conservative media go on trial? When it happens, do you think they should start with Sinclair or Fox? Sinclair has by far the widest reach and is the most mainstream, however Fox individually is the most watched.

Back
Top Bottom