• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alex jones jury decides on $45.2 million in putative damages.

When does the MSM go on trial for the same nonsense?

The MSM accused the parents/children of Sandy Hook of being crisis actors?

Rittenhouse has been talking shit for months and fundraising off his big talk... Either shut the hell up or file...
I agree he should file and the MSM should be held to the same standard alex Jones was held to. Do you disagree?

Then they should sue the people who attacked them.
Well, you obviously learned a valuable lesson from this trial then. You're wrong, Alex Jones was wrong, and making a living off false information that endangers the lives of others is not allowed without consequences.

Well, you obviously learned a valuable lesson from this trial then. You're wrong, Alex Jones was wrong, and making a living off false information that endangers the lives of others is not allowed without consequences.
Actually it is. You just cant “defame” them which was the issue in this trial. I guess you lost sight of that.

I agree he should file and the MSM should be held to the same standard alex Jones was held to. Do you disagree?
This thread is about Alex Jones, and the defendants in his case. He was proven liable. What about's mean nothing.

Others can file, and sue, and do whatever the heck they want. Nothing excuses what Alex Jones did, or what his victims suffered.

No he didn't. A highly partisan Carter appointed judge dismissed it based on an opinion that could of easily been applied to the Jones case and dismissed on the same grounds.

LMAO... Let me know when his appeal succeeds.. In the meantime, he doesn't get shit...

He won't file because he is making too much money bilking idiot who believe he has a case... He will get his ass kicked if he does file..

You're no lawyer. That's probably a good thing.
Lol. Pay attention. He was on trial for defamation because he called the plaintiff’s actors and for no other reason. Just lying to raise money without defaming anyone is not a cause for civil action. In fact, that’s exactly what a political campaign is.

Remembering the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting victims - ABC News

They both have the same complaint as the sandyhook victims.
Absolutely not. Jones has been harassing and reporting lies about the grieving Sandy Hook parents for 10 years.

Lol. Pay attention. He was on trial for defamation because he called the parents actors and for no other reason.Pay attention.

The ruling came down Monday, Nov. 15, that Jones was guilty because he refused to turn over court-ordered documents as part of the legal discovery process. Jones is now zero-for-four in defamation suits filed against him by the parents of Sandy Hook victims, who have claimed Jones has profited off of the lies he’s spread about Sandy Hook victims and families (the other three cases took place in Texas).

“While the families are grateful for the Court’s ruling, they remain focused on uncovering the truth,” Chris Mattei, a lawyer for the families said. “As the Court noted, Alex Jones and his companies have deliberately concealed evidence of the relationship between what they publish and how they make money. Mr. Jones was given every opportunity to comply but, when he chose instead to withhold evidence for more than two years, the Court was left with no choice but to rule as it did today. While today’s ruling is a legal victory, the battle to shed light on how deeply Mr. Jones has harmed these families continues.”

The ruling came down Monday, Nov. 15, that Jones was guilty because he refused to turn over court-ordered documents as part of the legal discovery process. Jones is now zero-for-four in defamation suits filed against him by the parents of Sandy Hook victims, who have claimed Jones has profited off of the lies he’s spread about Sandy Hook victims and families (the other three cases took place in Texas).

“While the families are grateful for the Court’s ruling, they remain focused on uncovering the truth,” Chris Mattei, a lawyer for the families said. “As the Court noted, Alex Jones and his companies have deliberately concealed evidence of the relationship between what they publish and how they make money. Mr. Jones was given every opportunity to comply but, when he chose instead to withhold evidence for more than two years, the Court was left with no choice but to rule as it did today. While today’s ruling is a legal victory, the battle to shed light on how deeply Mr. Jones has harmed these families continues.”
No one said someone can’t be sued for defamation. Why don’t you understand the difference between a defamatory statement and simply lying?

Lol. Pay attention. He was on trial for defamation because he called the plaintiff’s actors and for no other reason. Just lying to raise money without defaming anyone is not a cause for civil action. In fact, that’s exactly what a political campaign is.
They filed the suit because he was profiting off of the lies, and endangering their families to make money from the lies. Read the case.

They filed the suit because he was profiting off of the lies, and endangering their families to make money from the lies. Read the case.
Read the law. They can’t sue somebody for profiting by lying. They can only sue if those lies are defamatory.

First, there were only two plaintiffs in this case and they were suing for $150 million. Ordinarily in a case like this you have to itemize your financial loss to bear out what you’re suing for. I have no idea how they arrived at that and I also don’t know what formula the jury used to decide on what they awarded.

In terms of what I think - all Jones is really guilty of at the end of the day is hurting peoples feelings. I wouldn’t value the feelings of the two plaintiffs involved in this case - or anyone for that matter - in the tens of millions let alone the $150 million they wanted.
And this is exactly what is wrong with this country. People have no problem with going to great lengths to defend the vile behavior of "their" side because it's free speech or they think the behavior doesn't break a law.

smdh

Back
Top Bottom