• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Al-Qaida No. 2: Get Set to Fill Iraq Void

DivineComedy said:
What a JoKE! Yes there would be Modern Western civilization, as the Greek civilization’s science and philosophy predate Islam, it just might have taken a little longer.

Islam only gave Western Civilization a better reason to fight, pull together, and to go around the evil aggressors to get to the orient (silk road) after the fall of the Roman Empire. We can thank them for that. It is the naked aggression of Islam against effeminate Greek Christians in the Eastern Empire that helped Western civilization stop praying and star fighting, as they provide undeniable proof in their own book:

“[59.14] They will not fight against you in a body save in fortified towns or from behind walls; their fighting between them is severe, you may think them as one body, and their hearts are disunited; that is because they are a people who have no sense.”

They even gave Western Civilization a valid reason for all the kingdoms to pull together and Crusade against them:

“[9.29] Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.”

Since their own literature clearly indicates it was Kings and not Islamic Mullahs that had anything to do with keeping science and literature alive during the Dark Ages, your second sentence is absolute BULL! Christian monks in their darkest hour did more scribing of scientific and other literature than any Islam ever did; where is the Great Library of Islam?

Let us ask one of them about their science: “Islamic Medicine in its true context, can thus be defined as a body of knowledge of Medicine that was inherited by the Muslims in the early phase of Islamic History (40-247 AH/661 -861 AD) from mostly Greek sources, but to which became added medical knowledge from, Persia, Syria, India and Byzantine.” http://www.iiim.org/islamed3.html

Just look at Afghanistan under the Islamic foundation of the Taliban: now that was a Dark Age world if we ever saw one. The foundation of our Modern civilization is based on a variety of cultures, and climates (such as the North Atlantic), and not just one aggressive warlike religion. The foundation for the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution can even be found in the writings of Aristotle, just look for what he thought the right to bear arms signified.

PS. 1) This is a “war on terror,” and not a “war on WMD.”

This is BS, you don't know what you are talking about.

GySgt said:
Well, this is the problem. What justifications do we have on Iran? Syria? With Iraq, it was easy. We have history with Saddam and still the bitchy whiney population in America refuses to understand the bigger issues. We cannot hit Iran by ourselves. We could totally wreck that countrty, but we could not occupy it afterwards alone. The civilian deaths in a war with Iran will be astronomical. Who in the world would have helped us? France? Russia? Germany? Our own American support? (I know how that works.) You can see for yourself how the "high and mighty" EU is handling Iran. We all need to get used to one fact......We are largely on our own in this war until one of these zealots attacks France and Germany on a large scale. As long as this war is against an ideology and not a concrete enemy under a banner, the world will remain ignorant and blind to the threat.

What we have gained with Iraq, if it is successful, will not be immediate. There are many possible benefits for gain in the end and it will have been worth it.

I know this much, there is no way we can live up to our promise to leave Iraq completely. We are now most certainly going to have to build a huge base there, and we must continue to pressure Iran and Syria from this position.

~ 2/3 of Americans are al-Qaeda sympathizers

Stinger said:
Sounds like they are in tune with the anti-war, anti-america crowd here. The Sheehan's and Pelosie's and Carville's and Frankan's must give them quite the comfort in thier plans.

Can we imagine if they both win.

Approaching two-thirds of Americans are al-Qaeda sympathizers who will "win."

Are 59% of Americans part of the "
anti-war, anti-America" crowd?

There's not an anti-war movement anymore. There's only a pro-war movement.

Last edited:
TimmyBoy said:
This is BS, you don't know what you are talking about.
What a persuasive, well thought out rebuttal.

Consider:

Conservatives and exiles desert war campaign
By Guy Dinmore
Published: October 11 2005 17:19 | Last updated: October 11 2005 17:19

... American Enterprise Institute (AEI) and the Heritage Foundation, held conferences on Iraq ... mood among speakers ... decidedly sombre.

[Kanan Makiya:] ... admitting to many “dashed dreams”. [He] seriously underestimated the powers of ethnic and sectarian self-interest ... [and] survivability of the Ba'ath party ... ... also blamed [Team Bush] for poor planning ... too few troops. ... proposed constitution “profoundly destabilising document” that could “deal a death blow” to Iraq ...

[Rend Rahim, Iraqi ambassador to the US:] ... [Iraqi] constitution ... a recipe for greater chaos ... ... would lead to ... devolution of power ... central government would barely exist ...

[Qubad Talabani, rep of Kurdish regional government:]
... delivered a stinging indictment of the central government ...

[Danielle Pletka of AEI:] ... called the constitution deeply flawed ...

CBS poll ... 32[%] of Americans approve of ... Bush's handling of ... Iraq ... 59[%] want US troops out “as soon as possible, even if Iraq is not completely stable”.

[General David Petraeus:]
... concerns [about] not ... enough ... Sunnis [in army &] ... Iraqi soldiers [w/] “conflicting loyalties”.

[Michael Eisenstadt of WINEP:]
... insurgents [now] mounting about 90 attacks a day ... 50 to 70[/day] a year ago.
... if the constitution is approved insurgents will be able to mobilise more support from Sunnis who feel the system is stacked against them. ... original goals ... out of reach but “something acceptable” ... still possible.

“I don't know if it is winnable, but we haven't lost it yet.”
[--M. Eisenstadt]

[Team Bush:] ... premature pull-out ... would mean ... defeat for the whole “freedom agenda” in the Middle East.

“If we quit now, we will embolden every enemy of liberty and democracy across the Middle East. We will destroy any chance that the people of this region have of building a future of hope and opportunity. And we will make America more vulnerable.”
[--Condoleezza Rice]

© Copyright The Financial Times Ltd 2005

Calm2Chaos said:
Please don't compare embezzling money to killing woman and children.. It's just fukn stupid

I wasn't comparing anything. Just demonstrating your fukn stupid logic.

GySgt said:
Luddite reaction in America? What the hell are you talking about? We are the most prosperous country in history. Greed, power, and oppression is the tool of the Arab elite. Technology is a direct threat to the Arab's version of Islam. Social progress is a direct threat to not only the Muslim male’s religious prejudices, but his central identity. Until it successfully addresses the issue of women’s rights—full rights—Islam will not compete successfully, in any area, with the West.

Please don't try to argue with sillyness. I will be forced to dismiss you as just another individual who exists solely for blanket facts with no understanding of what's behind them.

Sorry to get your dander up. You argued that "Fundamentalist terrorism has not arisen despite the progress the world has made, but because of it." Fundamentalism has also grown in the US. I wondered if you saw a correlation there as well.

Iriemon said:
I wasn't comparing anything. Just demonstrating your fukn stupid logic.

Yes .. you actually did . You tried to make a comparison between a murdering terrorist and a republican that does something. Tell ya what. If the republican straps C4 to his chest and goes around the world killing people and hijakcing planes then we can compare the two

Calm2Chaos said:
Yes .. you actually did . You tried to make a comparison between a murdering terrorist and a republican that does something. Tell ya what. If the republican straps C4 to his chest and goes around the world killing people and hijakcing planes then we can compare the two

Your argued here, defending a statement that all Islam is evil: http://debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=113329&postcount=59

that since you can't tell the difference between different groups of muslems you look at them all suspciously or the alternative is to "open up a target rich environment."

You logic is: that since *you* can't tell the difference between the groups, treat them all as being evil because some are.

I applied your reasoning to Republicans to make a point, obviously. Not to argue I really think all Republicans should go to jail or that they are as bad as terrorists, obviously.

If I misread your point, my comment was misguided.

Donkey1499 said:
Ah, yes... I see a connection now. You just don't like anything or anyone. Do you even like yourself? Or is it that your parents never showed you how to love or to forgive and to forget?

Islam is not evil, just the Islamo-Facists who contort the texts to appease their evil nature. And from the sound of your hate speech, you'd fit in real well with the KKK or Al-Qaeda. Maybe Sen. Robert "Sheets" Byrd will fax you a KKK application, being that he is the Grand Kleagle (Recruiter) for the KKK.

ALL religions that demand the individual submerge their thinking minds to accept dogmatic beliefs without question are evil. What other parts of my post did you fail to understand?

Iriemon said:
Republican politicians commit crimes. I can't tell the difference between Republican politicians. Therefore all Republican politicians should go to jail.

Too specific. Try:

Politicians commit crimes. I can't tell the difference between politicians. Therefore all politicians should be shot.

GySgt said:
We all need to get used to one fact......We are largely on our own in this war until one of these zealots attacks France and Germany on a large scale.

The only reason France would do anything would be if the enemy bombed their white flag factory. Then all'd they do is pee their pants and fly a yellow flag.

The Germans are less predictable, but they have this hang-up now on use-of-force issues, so I wouldn't count on them. That would have to depend on the circumstances.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
ALL religions that demand the individual submerge their thinking minds to accept dogmatic beliefs without question are evil. What other parts of my post did you fail to understand?

How do you know what evil is? :)

Iriemon said:
Your argued here, defending a statement that all Islam is evil: http://debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=113329&postcount=59

that since you can't tell the difference between different groups of muslems you look at them all suspciously or the alternative is to "open up a target rich environment."

You logic is: that since *you* can't tell the difference between the groups, treat them all as being evil because some are.

I applied your reasoning to Republicans to make a point, obviously. Not to argue I really think all Republicans should go to jail or that they are as bad as terrorists, obviously.

If I misread your point, my comment was misguided.

So you have the ability to tell the ones that want to kill chirdren and slit your throats to the ones that don't? Thats impressive, you should let someone in the government know. Because noone else in the world can and you would be a lot of help I am sure. Please train a few other people to be able to tel so we can make sure we are safe...If your going to not do anything then are you not just opening up the door and alow anyone with a bomb or flight experience to come on in and have a killin fun.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:

So, would Christianity and Judaism be evil?

Iriemon said:
How do you know what evil is? :)

What a stupid, passive, and weak question. Obviously, the question you should ask is "How do I know what evil is?

Donkey1499 said:
So, would Christianity and Judaism be evil?

Yes.

I gather from your question that you're ignorant of the history of both religions.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Yes.

I gather from your question that you're ignorant of the history of both religions.

Ignorant? Hardly. I know the evils that both have done... IN THE PAST! But when ppl like you dwell IN THE PAST, it just proves that you're the ignorant one that won't give something that has differing opinion a chance. Christianity, Judaism, and Islam ARE NOT evil. Just the ppl who misuse the texts for their own twisted gain. How many times do I have to say that?

Scarecrow Akhbar is probably another one of those ppl that shot down John Kerry by calling him a "Flip-Flop". I didn't like Kerry either, but we all change our minds over time.

Donkey1499 said:
Ignorant? Hardly. I know the evils that both have done... IN THE PAST! But when ppl like you dwell IN THE PAST, it just proves that you're the ignorant one that won't give something that has differing opinion a chance. Christianity, Judaism, and Islam ARE NOT evil. Just the ppl who misuse the texts for their own twisted gain. How many times do I have to say that?

Oh, well if you need MODERN examples, two women in Texas claiming religious motivations murdered their children, one by drowning her entire litter, and the other by cutting her one year old child's arms off at the shoulders.

Al Sharpton instigated a pogrom in New York City after a Jewish shop keeper did something they didn't like.

Pat Robertson.

Jerry Falwell.

Jesse Jackson.

Bill Clinton and his fake oversized bible.

Louis Farrakhan.

Regardless. The religions themselves are inherently evil because they demand that men stop thinking. And when people do that, other people move in and take control of their minds.

Donkey1499 said:
Scarecrow Akhbar is probably another one of those ppl that shot down John Kerry by calling him a "Flip-Flop". I didn't like Kerry either, but we all change our minds over time.

Kerry was a Surrender Monkey, a paper-cut purple heart pansy, a gigolo, a class warrior with the richest wife, and the self-proclaimed most liberal senator in the Senate.

I never called him a "Flip-Flop".

I don't like insulting shoes.

You should probably stick to what I say, instead of having feelings about what you wish I'd said.

galenrox said:
Man, I thought you'd be glad to know that I believe we do need to stay there now.
I dislike that we're there in the first place, but we can't lose. We simply can't just leave it, cause although initially Iraq was not a part of the war on terror, now it is an extremely important battle in the war on terror, and it's just a question who can hold out longer, and if we lose we're at a great disadvantage in the war on terror. If we stay until they give up they will be broken, while if we leave they will know that this **** works, and their ambition will be renewed.

I'm glad to hear that. The truth is that if we had attacked Iran or Syria instead of Iraq, we would be dealing with this same thing, PLUS, we would still have Saddam sitting in Iraq.

I'm on record months ago for saying that a failure in Iraq wouldn't mean so much to us, but a successful Democratic Iraq would be devistating to the Arab Middle East. It's the best chance we have with this war on terror, because the root of this terror is a blasphemous version of Islam. Without the rule of oppression, Muslims may practice their faith while maintaining individual opportunities through freedom just like Muslims all over the world. In the end, it is and always has been important to our national security. We are up against a civilization that is lost in an ideology that doesn't work in the 21st Century.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Oh, well if you need MODERN examples, two women in Texas claiming religious motivations murdered their children, one by drowning her entire litter, and the other by cutting her one year old child's arms off at the shoulders.

Al Sharpton instigated a pogrom in New York City after a Jewish shop keeper did something they didn't like.

Pat Robertson.

Jerry Falwell.

Jesse Jackson.

Bill Clinton and his fake oversized bible.

Louis Farrakhan.

Regardless. The religions themselves are inherently evil because they demand that men stop thinking. And when people do that, other people move in and take control of their minds.

Ok, you've proved your point. But I follow religion and I'm not evil. And if I was to take a political office I wouldn't try to force my religion on anyone nor would I allow my religion to be used for any other political gain. I would just go in and do my job, which is serving the American ppl.

Back
Top Bottom