• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Al-Qaida No. 2: Get Set to Fill Iraq Void

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Kerry was a Surrender Monkey, a paper-cut purple heart pansy, a gigolo, a class warrior with the richest wife, and the self-proclaimed most liberal senator in the Senate.

I never called him a "Flip-Flop".

I don't like insulting shoes.

You should probably stick to what I say, instead of having feelings about what you wish I'd said.

So you think that I should surrender my mind over to your agenda? No thanks, I'll take my chances with Jesus.

robin said:
America made a war where there was none. The upshot is & may well be in the long term, less stability in the region & a greater threat from Muslim Extremists.
How Bin Laden must now love the Bush camp, becuase this is precisely his wish... the USA mired in war on Muslim turf.
The moral is... it's never wise to start wars at the best of times & this one's not even in the right country !
It is refreshing to see an American that speaks like one
Sadam was evil but ,they were no threat.
The armed forces went in their gung ho!
used DU nukes and killed ,innocent people and the Un is filing charges on it
the Natl. Gaurd are kids ,America sent them in there they do what all the rest of the punks in L.A. would do .
torture, abuse, and killing civilians ,using excessive force.

When your closest of Allies say to bush arre you mad, we dont want anything to do with preemptive strikes, on a third world country .

what ever comes to IRAQ ,one thing is for certain ,peace will not come as long as you are there.
Anyone with any sense at all Knows that.

Last edited:
Donkey1499 said:
So you think that I should surrender my mind over to your agenda? No thanks, I'll take my chances with Jesus.

No. I have no use for your mind unless you're driving it. You should try using it on your own sometime.

Canuck said:
It is refreshing to see an American that speaks like one
Sadam was evil but ,they were no threat.
The armed forces went in their gung ho!
used DU nukes and killed ,innocent people and the Un is filing charges on it
the Natl. Gaurd are kids ,America sent them in there they do what all the rest of the punks in L.A. would do .
torture, abuse, and killing civilians ,using excessive force.

When your closest of Allies say to bush arre you mad, we dont want anything to do with preemptive strikes, on a third world country .

what ever comes to IRAQ ,one thing is for certain ,peace will not come as long as you are there.
Anyone with any sense at all Knows that.

Iraq is a third wolrd country, but over time it will become greater than that. So will Afghanistan.

And in War, innocent ppl are always going to die. I cannot think of any war in history that was ever fought without at least one civilian being killed. It's just a fact of life. Coalition troops are killing civilians ACCIDENTALLY. And yes, accidents do happen, we're only human afterall. The terrorists have killed far more civilians, and they did it on purpose too. But Al-Qaeda's leaders do have a guilty conscience afterall. Did you not hear about that letter that was released? Al-Qaeda leaders want Abu Musaab al-Zarqawi to stop targeting Iraqi civilians; because that tactic is not working. The Iraqi ppl want freedom and a couple IEDs ain't gonna stop em' from achieving their freedom.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
No. I have no use for your mind unless you're driving it. You should try using it on your own sometime.

I do use my own mind. And I use it quite well too. And it is my mind to surrender it to whom ever I damn well please. And besides, who are you to say that religion is evil and retarded? You words aren't credible; not even slightly.

But I do have one other question for you, only because I enjoy listening to your false claims. Do you think that Mother Tereasa and Pope John Paul were evil? Cuz if you do, then you're more retarded than I had imagined...

Donkey1499 said:
I do use my own mind. And I use it quite well too. And it is my mind to surrender it to whom ever I damn well please. And besides, who are you to say that religion is evil and retarded? You words aren't credible; not even slightly.

But I do have one other question for you, only because I enjoy listening to your false claims. Do you think that Mother Tereasa and Pope John Paul were evil? Cuz if you do, then you're more retarded than I had imagined...

To the extent that they demanded others to believe and not think, yes. As for PJP, he was in charge of the Catholic Church while little boys were being raped and their rapists were being protected by the policies his company effected. He was definitely tainted.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
To the extent that they demanded others to believe and not think, yes. As for PJP, he was in charge of the Catholic Church while little boys were being raped and their rapists were being protected by the policies his company effected. He was definitely tainted.

It was 4 or 5 priests that were molesting little boys, not the Pope or the others. The Pope also had those priests criminally charged and fired. The actions of those priests cannot be blamed on the Catholic Church. So nice try. Again, you're wrong.

Donkey1499 said:
It was 4 or 5 priests that were molesting little boys, not the Pope or the others. The Pope also had those priests criminally charged and fired. The actions of those priests cannot be blamed on the Catholic Church. So nice try. Again, you're wrong.

Of course I'm not wrong. Those priests were protected by the church. It was church policy to move pervert priests into new unsuspecting parishes.

I know who's to blame. The diddling priest is to blame for the first boy, the entire Catholic church is to blame for the all the rest. Perhaps if the Church had reported those priests to the police when the first incident occured, they could claim absolution. As it stands, the Church is a co-conspirator.

What's the known evil of the Catholic Church got to do with the known evil of al-Qeada?

I really hate having to bring up my "Free Will" speech again. I've just explained it 2 or 3 times tonight. But anywho. This is getting a little off topic. I'll just stop mentioning religion for now on. Cuz what happens is I get bashed and so do my beliefs. It gets old after a while. Liberals claim to be all loving, understanding, and caring, but then they always throw a pie in the face of religion just because it's different or goes against what they believe in. Like I said, it gets old after a while.

I found this article on Yahoo!

U.S.: 70 Iraqis Killed in Airstrikes
By THOMAS WAGNER, Associated Press Writer
2 hours, 37 minutes ago

BAGHDAD, Iraq - U.S. helicopters and warplanes bombed two villages near the city of Ramadi, a hotbed of Sunni-Arab insurgents west of Baghdad, killing around 70 Iraqis, the military said Monday. The military said all the dead were militants, though witnesses said at least 39 were civilians.

The violence on Sunday occurred a day after Iraq voted on — and apparently passed — a landmark constitution that many Sunnis opposed. On referendum day, a roadside bomb killed five U.S. soldiers in a vehicle in the Al-Bu Ubaid village on the eastern outskirts of Ramadi.

On Sunday, a group of around two dozen Iraqis gathered around the wreckage of the U.S. vehicle and were hit by the airstrikes by U.S. warplanes, both the military and witnesses said.

The military said in a statement that the crowd was setting another roadside bomb in the location of the blast that killed the Americans. F-15 warplanes hit them with a precision-guided bomb, killing around 20 people, described by the statement as "terrorists."

But several witnesses and one local leader said the people were civilians who had gathered to gawk at the wreckage of the U.S. vehicle or pick pieces off of it — as often occurs after an American vehicle is hit.

The airstrike hit the crowd, killing 25 people, said Chiad Saad, a tribal leader, and several witnesses who refused to give their names fearing

The other deaths occured in the village of Al-Bu Faraj. The military said a group of gunmen opened fire on a Cobra attack helicopter that had spotted their position. The Cobra returned fire, killing around 10. The men ran into a nearby house, where gunmen were seen unloading weapons. An F/A-18 warplane struck the building with a bomb, killing 40 insurgents, the military said.

Witnesses said at least 14 of the dead were civilians. First, one man was wounded in an airstrike, and when he was brought into a nearby building, warplanes struck the building, said the witnesses, refusing to give their names for concern about their safety.

Ramadi, 70 miles west of Baghdad, is a stronghold for Sunni insurgents, and few people cast ballots there during Saturday's referendum — either out of fear of militants' reprisals or out of rejection of the new constitution.

A U.S. Marine was also killed by a bomb Saturday in the town of Saqlawiyah, 45 miles west of Baghdad, the military said. The weekend's U.S. military fatalities brought to at least 1,976 the number of U.S. service members who have died since the war began in 2003, according to an Associated Press count.

Donkey1499 said:
I found this article on Yahoo!

U.S.: 70 Iraqis Killed in Airstrikes
By THOMAS WAGNER, Associated Press Writer
2 hours, 37 minutes ago

[Moderator mode]

As per forum rules...

8. Copyrighted Material - All material posted from copyrighted material MUST contain a link to the original work.
Please do not post entire articles. Proper format is to paraphrase the contents of an article and/or post relevant excerpts and then link to the rest. Best bet is to always reference the original source.
Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 107 http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html

[/Moderator mode]

26 X World Champs said:
Only an idiot would believe that the people listed above support anything Al-Quaeda.

Writing posts that are totally full of bullshit might make some of you feel superior but what it really does is reveal how ignorant and prejudiced you really are.

They want us to leave, they want us to leave now, they want us to quit fighting the enemy. The idoicy is in those who do not see what the results would be. The idiocy is with those who do not see that the division these people try to create here only empowers our enemy's.

Re: ~ 2/3 of Americans are al-Qaeda sympathizers

Simon W. Moon said:

Approaching two-thirds of Americans are al-Qaeda sympathizers who will "win."

Are 59% of Americans part of the "
anti-war, anti-America" crowd?

There's not an anti-war movement anymore. There's only a pro-war movement.

You miss the point, the Sheehans and Frankens and Alqaeda are winning BECAUSE they are able to convince people to thier side and lessen our will to win. The Sheehans and Frankens empower the terrorist, as implied by the letter, to fight on.

But everyday the process moves forward inspite of all this.

cnredd said:
[Moderator mode]

As per forum rules...

8. Copyrighted Material - All material posted from copyrighted material MUST contain a link to the original work.
Please do not post entire articles. Proper format is to paraphrase the contents of an article and/or post relevant excerpts and then link to the rest. Best bet is to always reference the original source.
Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 107 http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html

[/Moderator mode]

I did all that. The author's name is there, who he works for, and the website. All one would have to do is go to Yahoo's front page and a link to the article is right there. So I don't see what the problem is. Other ppl do it on here all the time.

Donkey1499 said:
I did all that. The author's name is there, who he works for, and the website. All one would have to do is go to Yahoo's front page and a link to the article is right there. So I don't see what the problem is. Other ppl do it on here all the time.
I see you haven't read the forum rules and/or have skimmed over the first sentence, so we'll try again...

As for "other ppl" doing it, we'll go to the rules again...

Under 5. Moderators...Please note that the moderating team is under no obligation to read every post.

There have been over 16,000 posts in October...There are 10 Moderators...We don't have the time nor inclination to minutely detail every post...we go by what we see...

This is a legal issue...not an issue with affiliations or quailty of source...

cnredd said:
I see you haven't read the forum rules and/or have skimmed over the first sentence, so we'll try again...

As for "other ppl" doing it, we'll go to the rules again...

Under 5. Moderators...Please note that the moderating team is under no obligation to read every post.

There have been over 16,000 posts in October...There are 10 Moderators...We don't have the time nor inclination to minutely detail every post...we go by what we see...

This is a legal issue...not an issue with affiliations or quailty of source...

Fine then. I'll just place a link in huge green letters for all to see. Will that satisfy the rules?

Donkey1499 said:
Fine then. I'll just place a link in huge green letters for all to see. Will that satisfy the rules?

Don't be a wise donkey or a sorehead. The mods are just trying to keep things running smoothly without legal trouble. Cut 'em a break, you're a guest here, same as me.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Don't be a wise donkey or a sorehead. The mods are just trying to keep things running smoothly without legal trouble. Cut 'em a break, you're a guest here, same as me.

Ok ok. I understand my mistake and won't do it again. Damn...

Back
Top Bottom