• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Al-Qaida No. 2: Get Set to Fill Iraq Void

I grow weary of this "Anit-Islam" BS! It is retarded for someone to say that ALL of Islam is evil and relies on Ancient methods. Do Jews, Christians, taoists, Buddhists, (etc.) not rely on Ancient methods? Of course they do!

Al-Qaeda is like the KKK. It takes a religious text/symbol and contorts it to represent something that it's not. Ex. The Islamo-Facists use the Koran to preach hate towards the west, when in reality the Koran preaches more about love and kindness (like the Bible). Actually the Koran says to destroy the "infidels" who are actually "non-believers" of Allah (God).

Many Theological scholars will agree that Christians, Jews, and Muslims worship the same God. Allah actually means "God". So, it's really all the same guy. And their are texts to proove this, just type it in on Ask.com (Jeeves!).

There are even a vast amount of Muslims that denounce the evil deeds of Al-Qaeda and the like. Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are peaceful religions, but you still get a nut job out there that takes the text out of context.

Canuck said:
Canada does not do preemptive strikes on
third world nations without cause
bin laden is a psycho ? C.I.A. hired BIN Laden and supplied him

11 yr old tortured while his parents forced to look on
Depleted uranium half life 1000 yrs are you guys mental its a third world nation
BINGO
WHO are the terrorists !

Canada says no to USA we do not do preemptive strikes on Third World Nations that are no threat to us or our allies !
What you do to Iraq is Terror and you convince yourself that they are the evil (Iraq) So that you can sleep at night and rewrite history so that your kids do not know your dastardly deeds

you can see the hate for iraq and its people (civilians) in the typical post of a pro war Neocon above
people like that are in Iraq killing and torturing innocent kids

You see the only thing a NEOcon can do is leave sly remarks he has no rebutal because he has no basis for his war and his 6 trillion tax hike

No threat? Saddaam was always a threat; to us and his own ppl. He had to be removed.

And what Kids are you referring to that are being killed and tortured by US troops? Do you have any proof from an "UNBIASED" source?

And you have still failed to supply evidence that Bin Laden and the CIA are in kahoots. You're just another wacko conspiracy theorist.

And Iraq isn't evil, just its previous leaders are, who are either captured or dead.

And tax hike? Last time I checked, Bush lowered taxes.

Donkey1499 said:
No threat? Saddaam was always a threat; to us and his own ppl. He had to be removed.

And what Kids are you referring to that are being killed and tortured by US troops? Do you have any proof from an "UNBIASED" source?

And you have still failed to supply evidence that Bin Laden and the CIA are in kahoots. You're just another wacko conspiracy theorist.

And Iraq isn't evil, just its previous leaders are, who are either captured or dead.

And tax hike? Last time I checked, Bush lowered taxes.

The CIA has supported Bin Laden in the past during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan. I don't think the CIA and Bin Laden are in cahoots with each other.

TimmyBoy said:
The CIA has supported Bin Laden in the past during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan. I don't think the CIA and Bin Laden are in cahoots with each other.

But they are no longer working together. That's my point.

Canuck is just smoking some illegal substance and none of his theories should be taken seriously.

Donkey1499 said:
I grow weary of this "Anit-Islam" BS! It is retarded for someone to say that ALL of Islam is evil and relies on Ancient methods. Do Jews, Christians, taoists, Buddhists, (etc.) not rely on Ancient methods? Of course they do!

ALL of Islam is evil. The presumption of Islam, and all religions based on Abraham, is that man is inherently evil and thus unworthy of existence. So of course people should be anti-Islam. Islam is stealing their minds and thus their freedom.

For the same reason people should be anti-Catholic, anti-Methodist, anti-Baptist, and anti-Jewish. Anti-Hindu, too. Buddhism I'm not too sure of.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
ALL of Islam is evil. The presumption of Islam, and all religions based on Abraham, is that man is inherently evil and thus unworthy of existence. So of course people should be anti-Islam. Islam is stealing their minds and thus their freedom.

For the same reason people should be anti-Catholic, anti-Methodist, anti-Baptist, and anti-Jewish. Anti-Hindu, too. Buddhism I'm not too sure of.

Ah, yes... I see a connection now. You just don't like anything or anyone. Do you even like yourself? Or is it that your parents never showed you how to love or to forgive and to forget?

Islam is not evil, just the Islamo-Facists who contort the texts to appease their evil nature. And from the sound of your hate speech, you'd fit in real well with the KKK or Al-Qaeda. Maybe Sen. Robert "Sheets" Byrd will fax you a KKK application, being that he is the Grand Kleagle (Recruiter) for the KKK.

Donkey1499 said:
Ah, yes... I see a connection now. You just don't like anything or anyone. Do you even like yourself? Or is it that your parents never showed you how to love or to forgive and to forget?

Islam is not evil, just the Islamo-Facists who contort the texts to appease their evil nature. And from the sound of your hate speech, you'd fit in real well with the KKK or Al-Qaeda. Maybe Sen. Robert "Sheets" Byrd will fax you a KKK application, being that he is the Grand Kleagle (Recruiter) for the KKK.

So how do you tell the evil from the good. Once you see the martyr vest it's usually to late. Exactly how many lives is the PC outlook worth.

Calm2Chaos said:
So how do you tell the evil from the good. Once you see the martyr vest it's usually to late. Exactly how many lives is the PC outlook worth.

PC... as in Political Correctness? I'm not PC, but I don't "hate" all of Islam because of ONE group! To hate all of Islam because of the actions of ppl like Bin Laden is completely moronic. That's just like saying you should hate ALL white ppl because of slavery, when really not ALL white ppl had slaves. Don't judge an entire group of ppl just because of the actions of a few nuts.

Donkey1499 said:
PC... as in Political Correctness? I'm not PC, but I don't "hate" all of Islam because of ONE group! To hate all of Islam because of the actions of ppl like Bin Laden is completely moronic. That's just like saying you should hate ALL white ppl because of slavery, when really not ALL white ppl had slaves. Don't judge an entire group of ppl just because of the actions of a few nuts.

But I can't tell the difference between the two. The difference with whites and slavery was there were distinct sides. And a war was fault by those opposing these ideas. In other words the good condemed the bad and set out to fix the problem.
With islam the "bad" side is killing people all over the globe on a daily basis. And since the "good" side doesn't seem all to anxious to eliminate the "bad" then I have no real choice but to look at all of them with a suspicious eye. The alternative is to completely open up an already target rich environment.

Calm2Chaos said:
But I can't tell the difference between the two. The difference with whites and slavery was there were distinct sides. And a war was fault by those opposing these ideas. In other words the good condemed the bad and set out to fix the problem.
With islam the "bad" side is killing people all over the globe on a daily basis. And since the "good" side doesn't seem all to anxious to eliminate the "bad" then I have no real choice but to look at all of them with a suspicious eye. The alternative is to completely open up an already target rich environment.

Republican politicians commit crimes. I can't tell the difference between Republican politicians. Therefore all Republican politicians should go to jail.

Iriemon said:
Republican politicians commit crimes. I can't tell the difference between Republican politicians. Therefore all Republican politicians should go to jail.

Please don't compare embezzling money to killing woman and children.. It's just fukn stupid

Calm2Chaos said:

Do you know how many Muslims signed up with the US Military after 9/11? I don't know the exact #, but there were Muslims that went to my school who are currently serving the US in Iraq and Afghanistan. The Iraqis and Afghans are fighting to stay free. The Palestinian leadership is even thinking about arresting members of Hamas. Pakistan is helping us to capture terrorists (Except that one tribal region). Many mosques worldwide denounce terrorism.

So, the "good" of Islam is speaking out and acting against terrorism. You just seem to be oblivious to that. Turn on the news and ACTUALLY pay attention.

Donkey1499 said:
The Palestinian leadership is even thinking about arresting members of Hamas.
That will be a wonderful day.

Iriemon said:
Do you suppose that is the reason we have seen a rise in fundamentalism in this country as well? Luddite reaction?

Luddite reaction in America? What the hell are you talking about? We are the most prosperous country in history. Greed, power, and oppression is the tool of the Arab elite. Technology is a direct threat to the Arab's version of Islam. Social progress is a direct threat to not only the Muslim male’s religious prejudices, but his central identity. Until it successfully addresses the issue of women’s rights—full rights—Islam will not compete successfully, in any area, with the West.

Please don't try to argue with sillyness. I will be forced to dismiss you as just another individual who exists solely for blanket facts with no understanding of what's behind them.

Donkey1499 said:
Do you know how many Muslims signed up with the US Military after 9/11? I don't know the exact #, but there were Muslims that went to my school who are currently serving the US in Iraq and Afghanistan. The Iraqis and Afghans are fighting to stay free. The Palestinian leadership is even thinking about arresting members of Hamas. Pakistan is helping us to capture terrorists (Except that one tribal region). Many mosques worldwide denounce terrorism.

So, the "good" of Islam is speaking out and acting against terrorism. You just seem to be oblivious to that. Turn on the news and ACTUALLY pay attention.

Your talking about
1. American Muslims
2. a few hundred maybe in a cast of over a billion.

I keep being told that the extremist is such a small part of everything. If this is the case the why isn't the much larger faction coming down on this problem. I am not talking about muslims in this country occasionally saying its a bad thing from there living room. I am talking about the muslims that live in these countries these animals are taking over and using as killing fields

Binary_Digit said:
That will be a wonderful day.

"Thinking" about it is the optimal word. I am thinking about climbing K2... Don't mean it's ever going to actually happen. And why are they thinking about it. Isn't there enough evidence connecting them to multiple murders and attempted murders?? HMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm

Calm2Chaos said:
Your talking about
1. American Muslims
2. a few hundred maybe in a cast of over a billion.

I keep being told that the extremist is such a small part of everything. If this is the case the why isn't the much larger faction coming down on this problem. I am not talking about muslims in this country occasionally saying its a bad thing from there living room. I am talking about the muslims that live in these countries these animals are taking over and using as killing fields

Because some of them are afraid of speaking out against the Islamo-Facists.

Donkey1499 said:
Because some of them are afraid of speaking out against the Islamo-Facists.

I can see why. The people that have hijacked there religion and turned there religion and beliefs into something feared throughout the world. Have no problem killing there own.

Donkey1499 said:
...And the Right/Left Elite in America.

Wonderful argument. I guess that's why oppression, poverty, wide sweeping conflict between religions, beheadings, the narcotic of blame, the complete lack of individual opportunies, the complete absence of free enterprise, and the complete restrictions to media defines our society. There's no comparison. You seem to have the habit of trying to cope, or at least understand, with the issues in the Middle East by trying to place America in the same category. Corruption and hypocrisy may be elements of the human condition, but Arab elites have developed them to a superhuman extreme.

I am now certain it was a mistake to attack Iraq.

First, the idea of WMD's had me very concerned, concerned that they would fall in the hands of terrorists. Now I find that there were none, or if there were, they have fallen in the hands of the real enemy Syria, and Hamas. I still believe in the mission of taking out Saddam, as he has always been a threat, not only to his neighbors, but his own country. I just think we should have finished in Afgh. first, then put the pressure on from there. I think in retrospect, that Syria is more dangerous then Iraq, and Iran is probably the biggest threat to everyone. The problem with Syria was this, we could not put together enough evidence to proceed in a war with them, this is unfortunate, as I believe they are the biggest terrorist factory on the planet. Still, the war in Iraq may turn for the better, but we have sacrificed so much, and gained very little in our war on terror.

I hope that we can continue to fight the enemy from Iraq, and use this as a staging ground for attacks on Syria. Until we address the issue with Syria, the suicide bombers will continue to reak havoc on our troops, and Iraqi's in large numbers. This is the war they have been waiting for, and it seems these young men would like nothing more then to die fighting the infidels.

Most important in this whole mess over there is a nuclear Iran, this should have been our first priority, everyone was certain of their WMD's, even if we all pretended to believe they were only using these for energy purposes. I wonder now, what are we to do when they refuse to cease building WMD's, are we going to pull out of Iraq with the job not even half done?:confused:

GySgt said:
Wonderful argument. I guess that's why oppression, poverty, wide sweeping conflict between religions, beheadings, the narcotic of blame, the complete lack of individual opportunies, the complete absence of free enterprise, and the complete restrictions to media defines our society. There's no comparison. You seem to have the habit of trying to cope, or at least understand, with the issues in the Middle East by trying to place America in the same category. Corruption and hypocrisy may be elements of the human condition, but Arab elites have developed them to a superhuman extreme.

Ya, but to resist making that comparison was too much for me, so I had to do it.:rofl America does it politically, the Islamo-Facists do it religiously.

TimmyBoy said:
Without Islamic civilization, their would be no Western civilization. The scientific discoveries and ideas of Islamic civilization form the foundation of our current, modern Western civilization.

What a JoKE! Yes there would be Modern Western civilization, as the Greek civilization’s science and philosophy predate Islam, it just might have taken a little longer.

Islam only gave Western Civilization a better reason to fight, pull together, and to go around the evil aggressors to get to the orient (silk road) after the fall of the Roman Empire. We can thank them for that. It is the naked aggression of Islam against effeminate Greek Christians in the Eastern Empire that helped Western civilization stop praying and star fighting, as they provide undeniable proof in their own book:

“[59.14] They will not fight against you in a body save in fortified towns or from behind walls; their fighting between them is severe, you may think them as one body, and their hearts are disunited; that is because they are a people who have no sense.”

They even gave Western Civilization a valid reason for all the kingdoms to pull together and Crusade against them:

“[9.29] Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.”

Since their own literature clearly indicates it was Kings and not Islamic Mullahs that had anything to do with keeping science and literature alive during the Dark Ages, your second sentence is absolute BULL! Christian monks in their darkest hour did more scribing of scientific and other literature than any Islam ever did; where is the Great Library of Islam?

Let us ask one of them about their science: “Islamic Medicine in its true context, can thus be defined as a body of knowledge of Medicine that was inherited by the Muslims in the early phase of Islamic History (40-247 AH/661 -861 AD) from mostly Greek sources, but to which became added medical knowledge from, Persia, Syria, India and Byzantine.” http://www.iiim.org/islamed3.html

Just look at Afghanistan under the Islamic foundation of the Taliban: now that was a Dark Age world if we ever saw one. The foundation of our Modern civilization is based on a variety of cultures, and climates (such as the North Atlantic), and not just one aggressive warlike religion. The foundation for the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution can even be found in the writings of Aristotle, just look for what he thought the right to bear arms signified.

PS. 1) This is a “war on terror,” and not a “war on WMD.”

Last edited:
Deegan said:
I am now certain it was a mistake to attack Iraq.

First, the idea of WMD's had me very concerned, concerned that they would fall in the hands of terrorists. Now I find that there were none, or if there were, they have fallen in the hands of the real enemy Syria, and Hamas. I still believe in the mission of taking out Saddam, as he has always been a threat, not only to his neighbors, but his own country. I just think we should have finished in Afgh. first, then put the pressure on from there. I think in retrospect, that Syria is more dangerous then Iraq, and Iran is probably the biggest threat to everyone. The problem with Syria was this, we could not put together enough evidence to proceed in a war with them, this is unfortunate, as I believe they are the biggest terrorist factory on the planet. Still, the war in Iraq may turn for the better, but we have sacrificed so much, and gained very little in our war on terror.

I hope that we can continue to fight the enemy from Iraq, and use this as a staging ground for attacks on Syria. Until we address the issue with Syria, the suicide bombers will continue to reak havoc on our troops, and Iraqi's in large numbers. This is the war they have been waiting for, and it seems these young men would like nothing more then to die fighting the infidels.

Most important in this whole mess over there is a nuclear Iran, this should have been our first priority, everyone was certain of their WMD's, even if we all pretended to believe they were only using these for energy purposes. I wonder now, what are we to do when they refuse to cease building WMD's, are we going to pull out of Iraq with the job not even half done?:confused:

Well, this is the problem. What justifications do we have on Iran? Syria? With Iraq, it was easy. We have history with Saddam and still the bitchy whiney population in America refuses to understand the bigger issues. We cannot hit Iran by ourselves. We could totally wreck that countrty, but we could not occupy it afterwards alone. The civilian deaths in a war with Iran will be astronomical. Who in the world would have helped us? France? Russia? Germany? Our own American support? (I know how that works.) You can see for yourself how the "high and mighty" EU is handling Iran. We all need to get used to one fact......We are largely on our own in this war until one of these zealots attacks France and Germany on a large scale. As long as this war is against an ideology and not a concrete enemy under a banner, the world will remain ignorant and blind to the threat.

What we have gained with Iraq, if it is successful, will not be immediate. There are many possible benefits for gain in the end and it will have been worth it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom