• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Afrimericans And American Racism Hiding In Plain Sight

Calm2Chaos said:
I keep forgetting 48 hours wasn't enough time. It was a better Idea to not leave and die. Hmmmm good plan I can see the racism peeking it's little head out now

Enough time for what? To be able to sleep by the side of the road a little ways up from new orleans with a class 4 hurricane about to hit? How fast do you think these people can travel with toddlers and senior citizens? We aren't talking about a pack of marathoners here. They would have been just as dead and/or miserable as they were by staying, unless there was a known shelter they were informed of within walking distance, but I didn't hear about anything like that.

You do not seem to have any sense of reality.

You are way off.First,the World Trade center disaster was handled by the local officials. A Mayor Named Guliani was the man in charge ! with help from the Gopvernor of NY .They were competent people at the local level something that is missing in the Govt. of New Orleans and Louisiana .

You are way off.First,the World Trade center disaster was handled by the local officials. A Mayor Named Guliani was the man in charge ! with help from the Gopvernor of NY .They were competent people at the local level something that is missing in the Govt. of New Orleans and Louisiana .

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER FOLKS. And was it not that the very mayor of NO black? I think he was. And was NO and the rest of Louisiana indeed democrat? I think it was. So why all the fuss about racism in katrina?

I didnt know hurricanes could see colors.

Now, I see!...you're one of those guys that moans and groans about the Government taking away his money to serve the unemployed.
Yeah, tell you what. Bollocks! If you ain't happy with it, then try selling crack and pimping hoes and you won't have to feel it.

And your point is??? You are saying to someone go and bend some corners and put some hoes on the track and see how I like it? Well let me tell you I have seen plenty of it where I grew up. And I am smart enough(unlike some) to know whats wrong and right and what is productive and non productive. Mabe I can teach you this.

I'll tell you what 'idiotic comments' are..all your above and aforementioned statements compared to all your disclaimers...And I'll tell you something that's a 'fact'... you're twat, man! A full-on idiot!

Why because I speak the truth? Is it that hard to hear? Well good hear it again.

You're no more adept, or even so much a dilettante, in the field of Economics than you are in the garden of social skills...You're a racist, self-superior whinger! You moan about those everyday things that you don't like but you look for others who 'you' consider less substantial than yourself to put the blame on.

And can you imagine someone who cant even comprehend what he reads asserts such rediculous and tantilic phrases. You have no idea who I am nor do you have the adacity to assert such comments about someone you read 2 posts of over the internet.

Tell you what!! Write to the government about those misguided taxes! Start a campaign over the unemployment benefits! GO! Protest, man! PROTEST!

No, you won't do that will you? because it's easier to push your mangled anger out...here. You didn't come here to debate! You come here to vent your feelings and make snide remark about anyone who wants to question 'em!

This will never happen anyway. You want to know why? At least I know this much about economy. And that is the facts to know that no one will ever do away with the dole system due to politicians are always looking to get the black and other minority vote.
Simple as that do i need to spell this one out for you?

You! with your above quoted comments, would have had the favourable looks of the goverment in Germany between the late 1930's and the mid 1940's.

Yeah well I beleive germany and hitler did a little more than just squeeky squeeks squuekies. Get a clue you idiot.

IF you walk into a place thats filled primarily with black people and you say "WANT SOME ADVICE BLACK PEOPLE?" and "IF YOU DON'T LIKE GO BACK TO AFRICA!" (which you won't!) you'll 'feel' just how stupid that mouth of yours is.

You know what? Your right I wouldnt. You wanna know why? Becasue they would get upset and throw a temper tantrum and call it racist. But the sad thing is they know that its true and there is nothing they can say so you know what they will do? They will result to violence just like what you resulted to when you heard my posts. You got soo angry that instead of having a sane and logical rebutal you instead resulted to lame name caling a rhetoric crap much like all liberals do. Thus doesnt suprise me one bit.

Now I suppose becasue I just blasted you that you are going to call me hitler?

Or better yet, how about I say this. If anyone choses to not work or live a productive meaningful life should be cut off from all funds? Now is that a racist comment? O no but you will suggest that I am racist against or prejudice against people who dont work. Yeah you are making alot of brilliance in your speech. I love when people try to play the race card. It gives them an excuse to attack and an excuse for failure. And again you proved my point by trying to attack me. Its funny how facts just suprisingly emerge.

curisz said:
Enough time for what? To be able to sleep by the side of the road a little ways up from new orleans with a class 4 hurricane about to hit? How fast do you think these people can travel with toddlers and senior citizens? We aren't talking about a pack of marathoners here. They would have been just as dead and/or miserable as they were by staying, unless there was a known shelter they were informed of within walking distance, but I didn't hear about anything like that.

You do not seem to have any sense of reality.

So sitting around waiting to die was a better idea? 10 miles inland and your chances of drowning are greatly reduced. Go to shelters in the area. The mayor asked people to evacuate, many decided for themselves not to

So sitting around waiting to die was a better idea? 10 miles inland and your chances of drowning are greatly reduced. Go to shelters in the area. The mayor asked people to evacuate, many decided for themselves not to
I love this mans logic. Keep it up.

SKILMATIC said:
And your point is??? You are saying to someone go and bend some corners and put some hoes on the track and see how I like it? Well let me tell you I have seen plenty of it where I grew up. And I am smart enough(unlike some) to know whats wrong and right and what is productive and non productive. Mabe I can teach you this.

The worst thing about debating with guys like you, is the laboriousness of having to push their own statements back into the territory, because they've managed to slip and wriggle out of it with incongruous replies and non-sequiturs.

First of all, I said nothing about "saying to someone go and bend some corners and put some hoes on the track and see how [you] like it?"

I said, if you don't like your Government channeling your taxes to things that you deem unworthy, i.e. unemployment benefits, then do something else...i.e. sell crack and pimp hoes. Break free of the governments feeding pipes, then you won't have to feel the effects of the Revenue Services eating your wage.

And can you imagine someone who cant even comprehend what he reads asserts such rediculous and tantilic phrases. You have no idea who I am nor do you have the adacity to assert such comments about someone you read 2 posts of over the internet.

What does 'tantilic phrases' mean?

It's perfectly admissible for one to form a structured view of another, based on only 'one' post or even 'one' line.
I don't have to know, where you live, what you eat, where you work etc, before I can dissect your statements and tell you what I think.

This will never happen anyway. You want to know why? At least I know this much about economy. And that is the facts to know that no one will ever do away with the dole system due to politicians are always looking to get the black and other minority vote.
Simple as that do i need to spell this one out for you?

What?? The benefit systems are kept in place...so as, to simply get the black votes?

Just as I said earlier, You have no idea about economics, you narrow minded unsophisticated fool and what you've just said is NOT economics.

Yeah well I beleive germany and hitler did a little more than just squeeky squeeks squuekies. Get a clue you idiot.

I didn't equate Hitler and germany with "squeeky squeeks squuekies".

Look, for gods sakes, man! READ what I said and, at least, try to form a coherent statement out of it!
A few typos here and there are forgivable, but your grammar, syntax and spelling are atrocious and these alone are reflecting your poor mental acumen.

you know what? Your right I wouldnt. You wanna know why? Becasue they would get upset and throw a temper tantrum and call it racist.

Well, Probably because it IS racist. you dolt! That's the whole damn point I'm making.
You can't walk into a place and tell black people "Go back to Africa if you don't like it!" Including all those that were born in the US, or say "Want some advice, black people?" and not be called a racist. It applies to any race doing the same thing.

But the sad thing is they know that its true and there is nothing they can say so you know what they will do? They will result to violence just like what you resulted to when you heard my posts.

I resorted to violence when I heard your posts?
I don't doubt the wonders that Broadband cable has brought to humanity...but thats got be the most amazing achievment yet!

You got soo angry that instead of having a sane and logical rebutal you instead resulted to lame name caling a rhetoric crap much like all liberals do. Thus doesnt suprise me one bit.

sane and logical ? rhetoric crap?

In the suffering of hundereds of thousands of people...The lives of husbands, wives, children, dads and moms, have been devastated and lost, You come out with statements like, "It's taught them a lesson" and some crap about 'grand theft auto'. This amongst the rest of your statements, which I've quoted.

Or better yet, how about I say this. If anyone choses to not work or live a productive meaningful life should be cut off from all funds? Now is that a racist comment? O no but you will suggest that I am racist against or prejudice against people who dont work.

You are prejudice against people who are unemployed, you've been making that point since you've just about started!! You simply do not fully understand the concept of prejudice.
Being 'productive' and 'meaningful' spans out much further than just having a Job.

You're equating things with racism that make no sense!! I didn't analogize your 'productive life' talk with racism, I analogized your racist comments with racism.
Look, at one of your previous statements...
I'm racist against stupidity
I mean, what the hell are you on about??

Last edited:
HTColeman said:
The average person in N.O. lives in poverty, certainly doesn't have a full education. After watching interviews on the news, I think it is safe to say that they did not know about the levys.

The average person in poverty owns multiple TV's.

A student is only limited by their desire to learn.

Public school goes all the way up to the 12th grade, last I heard.

Public libraries are all over the friggin place, last I heard.

I saw a show on PBS twenty friggin years ago that explained all this potential upcoming disaster.

Why do you think they bury the dead in crypts in N.O.?

I've never been to LA.

Want a short course on the levies?

This is America. They know who won American Idol. They never noticed that big friggin wall holding back water and had the desire to ask, "I
wonder what's on the other side of that and could that possibly affect me?"

Until I typed this I never understood that phrase in "Forrest Gump", "stupid is as stupid does".

Consider that one understood.

Those people were just plain stupid.

Someones got to say it.

If you have been betting it would be teacher....smart bet.

Notice I haven't gone on a rant on the N.O. situation?

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

It's coming.

Just like nefarious plots top ten.

What's your point HT?

You should be busy trying to elevate your people. Instead of making excuses for their inadequacies.

This is America, books don't discriminate.

You ready?

Why weren't all the poor, stupid, white people in the Superdome?

Yea, hate me, call me racist, write me bad checks, yada yada yada, but can you refute the truth?

Class dismissed.

teacher said:
The average person in poverty owns multiple TV's.

A student is only limited by their desire to learn.

Public school goes all the way up to the 12th grade, last I heard.

Public libraries are all over the friggin place, last I heard.

I saw a show on PBS twenty friggin years ago that explained all this potential upcoming disaster.

Why do you think they bury the dead in crypts in N.O.?

I've never been to LA.

Want a short course on the levies?

This is America. They know who won American Idol. They never noticed that big friggin wall holding back water and had the desire to ask, "I
wonder what's on the other side of that and could that possibly affect me?"

Until I typed this I never understood that phrase in "Forrest Gump", "stupid is as stupid does".

Consider that one understood.

Those people were just plain stupid.

Someones got to say it.

If you have been betting it would be teacher....smart bet.

Notice I haven't gone on a rant on the N.O. situation?

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

It's coming.

Just like nefarious plots top ten.

I am just going off of what I have people say from N.O., they said they didn't know the levy's would break, period.

What's your point HT?

You should be busy trying to elevate your people. Instead of making excuses for their inadequacies.

This is America, books don't discriminate.

You ready?

Why weren't all the poor, stupid, white people in the Superdome?

Yea, hate me, call me racist, write me bad checks, yada yada yada, but can you refute the truth?

Class dismissed.

My people? They are Americans, they are your people too. My point is that attitude is one of the main problems, for whatever reason, people see other races as seperate from them. My culture is not inadequate, our history has caused a problem that needs to be solved. There weren't many poor, stupid, white people in New Orleans, they were in Mississippi and along the gulf shores "finding" supplies, while we were "looting" for supplies. I am not saying the federal response is racist, but you cannot deny bias in the media, it has always been there.

HTColeman said:
I am just going off of what I have people say from N.O., they said they didn't know the levy's would break, period.

me-You must admit, for someone to live in N.O. and not know this is dreadfully embarrassing. Before the storm I predicted the levies would break and we would have lake N.O. These people have TV's. What the hell do they watch allthe time?

My people? They are Americans, they are your people too.

me-Yes my people too. But they won't listen to me if I tell the truth. Like read a book. They'll call me a racist. Of course if you do it you'll be accused of bing a crossover.

My point is that attitude is one of the main problems, for whatever reason, people see other races as separate from them.

me-I could care less what everyone does until they use racism wrongly to advance their agenda. Then I call it like I see it. When I say, "your people" why do you assume that I'm separating the races. Could it not be meant to mean the same as "your fellow black people." Whose attitude is wrong? And if you were to tell me, "your people", I would think white Yankees with a Pez addiction that have so far managed to elude the men white white jackets and big nets.

My culture is not inadequate, our history has caused a problem that needs to be solved. There weren't many poor, stupid, white people in New Orleans, they were in Mississippi and along the gulf shores "finding" supplies, while we were "looting" for supplies. I am not saying the federal response is racist, but you cannot deny bias in the media, it has always been there.

me-For all the news I saw I didn't hear that once. I heard lots of white people say, to steal food and water is one thing. To steal sneakers and TV's is another, which I agree with. This is not a race issue. If those people around the Dome and camping on that overpass had all been white, then instead of poor, stupid, black people I would describe them as poor, stupid white people. Or realistically, just stupid.

teacher said:
me-You must admit, for someone to live in N.O. and not know this is dreadfully embarrassing. Before the storm I predicted the levies would break and we would have lake N.O. These people have TV's. What the hell do they watch allthe time?

Yes, these people obviously aren't the most educated people in the world, and probably aren't the smartest. How many of them do you think would be able to get on a political debate forum and debate their point? You may have predicted it, but you don't really represent the average N.O. resident (I am talking about mentally, not racially)

me-Yes my people too. But they won't listen to me if I tell the truth. Like read a book. They'll call me a racist. Of course if you do it you'll be accused of bing a crossover.

Unless people are willing to tell them 'the truth' in a way that won't offend them, just like anyone else. You have to talk to people with respect for them and their background.

me-I could care less what everyone does until they use racism wrongly to advance their agenda. Then I call it like I see it. When I say, "your people" why do you assume that I'm separating the races. Could it not be meant to mean the same as "your fellow black people." Whose attitude is wrong? And if you were to tell me, "your people", I would think white Yankees with a Pez addiction that have so far managed to elude the men white white jackets and big nets.

Let me give an analogy, a child cusses out his teacher, and they call in his mother. Then later that evening, when the father comes home, the mother says, "You need to talk to your son, he cussed out his teacher today." That is how it comes off.

me-For all the news I saw I didn't hear that once. I heard lots of white people say, to steal food and water is one thing. To steal sneakers and TV's is another, which I agree with. This is not a race issue. If those people around the Dome and camping on that overpass had all been white, then instead of poor, stupid, black people I would describe them as poor, stupid white people. Or realistically, just stupid.

I saw it on the news, I am not saying that you are being racist or anything, but the media is bias. I don't think the gov't has any race issues, but their not so good at PR. Bush refused to speak with the NAACP twice, he probably has his reasons (hopefully), but that is simply not good PR.

HTColeman said:
Unless people are willing to tell them 'the truth' in a way that won't offend them, just like anyone else. You have to talk to people with respect for them and their background.

me-Sorry, my tools over the text box aren't working, any ideas? And not offending them is hard indeed. Why do I have to talk to them in such a molly coddling fashion? When I'm mistaken or ignorant of something, I thank the person who corrects me. Because now I'm smarter because of it. Right is right, wrong is wrong. That America has come to this point is a shame. Political correctness truly sucks and I refuse to participate in it.

Let me give an analogy, a child cusses out his teacher, and they call in his mother. Then later that evening, when the father comes home, the mother says, "You need to talk to your son, he cussed out his teacher today." That is how it comes off.

me-Well said HTC. Let's refine that a little. Say said child is of mixed race, dad black, mom white. Little Malcome calls teacher at school a nigg*er, then mom says, you need to talk to YOUR son. Now although they may both say the same thing, it normally carries more weight coming from the black parent. Just as I would carry more weight talking to rednecks about race issues than you would.

I saw it on the news, I am not saying that you are being racist or anything, but the media is bias.

me-I know that. You are obviously too intelligent for that. Media is biased in all directions. Just depends on which outlet you choose the view, read, or listen to.

teacher said:
me-Sorry, my tools over the text box aren't working, any ideas? And not offending them is hard indeed. Why do I have to talk to them in such a molly coddling fashion? When I'm mistaken or ignorant of something, I thank the person who corrects me. Because now I'm smarter because of it. Right is right, wrong is wrong. That America has come to this point is a shame. Political correctness truly sucks and I refuse to participate in it.

I don't know much about computers, other than how to use them, so I can't help you. But, maybe it is just me, I have a hard time listening to people when they come to me in a disrespectful manner. One generalization I can say about African-Americans, is that, for the most part, we are instilled with a sense of pride, that way when people knock us down because of our race, we aren't devastated by it. I would say that is true about most minorities though. However, blacks have a grim history that only 'ended' 30-40 years ago, so it is a sensitive subject.

me-Well said HTC. Let's refine that a little. Say said child is of mixed race, dad black, mom white. Little Malcome calls teacher at school a nigg*er, then mom says, you need to talk to YOUR son. Now although they may both say the same thing, it normally carries more weight coming from the black parent. Just as I would carry more weight talking to rednecks about race issues than you would.

True, it would carry more weight, I concede to that.

me-I know that. You are obviously too intelligent for that. Media is biased in all directions. Just depends on which outlet you choose the view, read, or listen to.

Thank you, you're smart too! NEway, I think that because of the media bias, people have taken the federal response as racial. I hate the media.

HTColeman said:
I don't know much about computers, other than how to use them, so I can't help you. But, maybe it is just me, I have a hard time listening to people when they come to me in a disrespectful manner. One generalization I can say about African-Americans, is that, for the most part, we are instilled with a sense of pride, that way when people knock us down because of our race, we aren't devastated by it. I would say that is true about most minorities though. However, blacks have a grim history that only 'ended' 30-40 years ago, so it is a sensitive subject.

me-If it makes you feel any better, since I started my own business in the last 6 months, my favorite customers are black people. Heres why.

If non-blacks tell me they will call me with more work, they don't.

If non-blacks say they will refer me to a friend, I never hear from them.

I think you have to pitch sales at non-black, they like the attention and sense of control.

I think non-blacks assume you are lying and trying to rip them off.

I find blacks don't trust or distrust people, and their trust is very hard to EARN.

When my black customer says he'll tell others about me, they do. Blacks don't quibble over price.

Today I went to a black family I had been referred to by one of my black customers.

I ended up quoting them 3850.00$ for the entire job. Alarm, CCTV, ect. He said 3500.00$ cash now. I said yes. He gave me 3500.00 right then. I never met these people before today. White people want to pay with a post dated check. 3500.00$ he gave me. On the word of another saying I was good people. Can you even imagine that all you white people out there. I have one white customer. He is the last customer I ever had working for someone else. my white boss tried to make me rip him off. I didn't. Instead of selling him 700$ dollars of equipment he didn't need. I fixed his existing for 150$. He asked me if I did work on the side. for the first time ever I said yes. I haven't looked back. So when I say those people in N.O. were stupid, race had nothing to with standing on a bridge for days with no water. Black, white or French, race has nothing to do with stupid.

Funny you mention the recent history. I like to say it was only 40 year ago that blacks could not drink out of the same water fountain. Those people are still rightfully mad. Those people that didn't want those blacks drinking out of the same fountain are still around. This race thing will pass in time. Now apply that to the old Arab men whose power over women we took away. It will take just as long for that to pass. The more people you and I can make understand these things the sooner they teach it to their children and it will all be gone. Jesse Jacksons and their ilk perpetuate it. My mothers father hated nigge*rs, spics, jews, krauts, guennies, pollacks, japs, chinks, Arabs (first a pronounced long), rednecks, catholics, and any other than a WASP you can think of. My mother taught me otherwise. look how little time comparatively in the history of man has passed since the beliefs of my Grandfather to me. More time yes, but not much. I'm not so proud of my race, (German, French before the operation, Dutch and English), as I am of my integrity and intellect and courage. My children and someday their children are like me. So when I hear those cry racism when it's not such I get all crazy....well more crazy. I mean look at Ayran imperium. We still got work to do.

HTC-True, it would carry more weight, I concede to that.

me-Nice chat bro. Maybe some on this site can learn from this. Hear that nefarious plot?

And if you can't tell, I'm that crazy white boy.

One generalization I can say about African-Americans, is that, for the most part, we are instilled with a sense of pride, that way when people knock us down because of our race, we aren't devastated by it. I would say that is true about most minorities though. However, blacks have a grim history that only 'ended' 30-40 years ago, so it is a sensitive subject.

I was wandering why do we call them african americans and not just americans? Arent we all just americans? Or do they really want to still be separated? Its an interesting question I ask myself. Mabe an upstanding person can answer that?

SKILMATIC said:
I was wandering why do we call them african americans and not just americans? Arent we all just americans? Or do they really want to still be separated? Its an interesting question I ask myself. Mabe an upstanding person can answer that?
Will I do until such a person posts? What does it bother me that they call themselves that?. Not a bit. Does the fact there is BET and not WET affect me in anyway? Nope. How do I deal with it? When I fill out forms with race asked I check "other" and write in "European American". (I'm German Dutch, English and French before the operation). There's always a way and I know it. But then I tell my kids we speak American and not English. But they won't cave.

Hyphenating Americans is a Liberal ploy to divide us. African-Americans,Puertorican-Americans,etc. are ploys to divide us and make some groups feel like victims. I once saw Whoopy Goldberg on a Black interview show.The host called her an African-American .She stoped him right there.She said my famly has been here for 5 generations,I am an " AMERICAN, PERIOD " The black host didn't know what to do. She had violated the plan,good for her.

JOHNYJ said:
Hyphenating Americans is a Liberal ploy to divide us. African-Americans,Puertorican-Americans,etc. are ploys to divide us and make some groups feel like victims. I once saw Whoopy Goldberg on a Black interview show.The host called her an African-American .She stoped him right there.She said my famly has been here for 5 generations,I am an " AMERICAN, PERIOD " The black host didn't know what to do. She had violated the plan,good for her.

So is their plan working on you? Best way to make it go away is ignore it.

SKILMATIC said:

We didn't choose those names, they were chosen long ago, and it has become common and acceptable. America is a unique place in that it has so much diversity, and those that want to hold on to their culture and be a part of American culture as well, as a result, America is the only place I know of that hyphenates. It is up to you whether you think this is bad or not. IMO it only separates us if we allow it to separate us, otherwise, it could just teach us to appreciate various cultures. I really don't think it is a liberal conspiracy, that is pretty unwarranted, as these names have been used for quite a long time.

Also, I think it is a result of the natural instinct of the human mind to categorize.

HTcoleman RE ;95

It is the over emphasis of these facts that are harmful ! If youdont want to be an ' AMERICAN ' leave !
Yes people can be proud of their heritage as part of their 'past ' .
These things are used to Balkanise America and its, WRONG !

JOHNYJ said:
HTcoleman RE ;95

It is the over emphasis of these facts that are harmful ! If youdont want to be an ' AMERICAN ' leave !
Yes people can be proud of their heritage as part of their 'past ' .
These things are used to Balkanise America and its, WRONG !

If they didn't want to be American then they wouldn't put 'American' in their classification. Let's take African American for example, 'African' is the adjective, but 'American' is the base noun, it is simply a way to describe what kind of American you are, b/c there are so many different kinds of Americans. The Founding Fathers meant America to be a place where you can practice your religion/culture freely, and people would tolerate it.

HTColeman said:
If they didn't want to be American then they wouldn't put 'American' in their classification. Let's take African American for example, 'African' is the adjective, but 'American' is the base noun, it is simply a way to describe what kind of American you are, b/c there are so many different kinds of Americans. The Founding Fathers meant America to be a place where you can practice your religion/culture freely, and people would tolerate it.

That is from a purely legal and governmental stance...

It says nothing about the cultural stance...

IMO, if the name was really meant to be a clasification as part of america why not drop the african? people dont walk around saying, don't call me white! I'm an Italien American or I find white an offensive name. I am German American. it just doesnt work that way.

I think we should put all notion to race or ethnicity aside and just refer to each other as americans. Im tired of seeing people substantiatiing themselves from others. We are all a big family and we should start acting like it instead of constantly separating each other from hyphenations. I think we as americans need to be color blind. I mean animals are color blind well at least cats and dogs are. So I think its only fair. What do you all think?

Btw I love BET my favorite music is rap/hip hop/r&b. I guess it was becasue the growing up in tough hoods. It still rubbed off onme. But I think it should be unconstitutional to refer to race in any form of employment and any other areas. Of course it shouldnt be unconstitutionla of culture and such but I love all americans no matter what beleif or ethnicity you are. That should be the fore front of any american.

African-American can be a bit misleading, I have a friend who is from South Africa, this of course makes her an African American. The thing is, in her case, she is white.

Just the same, it’s not some “liberal ploy” to refer to someone’s race or ethnicity like “Asian-American” or “African-American”. It is rather just recognition that we as a nation are composed of different people, from different backgrounds, of different races and ethnicities. We are a cultural melting pot, and there are cultural and other differences between us. We are all Americans, but we are also more than that.

Undoubtedly, racism is still alive and well in this country. It exists on both sides, there are white and there are black racists. The difference is whites are the group in power, so while a black racists might just hate all white people, really, that is all that becomes of his or her hate. In contrast, a white racist and his hate for black people can in many cases help keep those who he hates down.

I am a White Male. I was raised poor, but just the same, I am pretty lucky to be born a white male. As a white male, I statistically live longer than blacks or Hispanics in this country. I statistically get to grow up in areas with far less crime than any other ethnicity, go to better schools, and I have a great deal more opportunity. In fact, I statistically earn more doing the same job than any other race does in America, or women for that matter. So really, I truly am lucky, because not only did I have the good fortune of being the one in fifty human beings in this world that get to be born in America, but I also was born as a white male and that automatically gave me a leg up on anyone one that is not a white male in our society. That’s not to say I have worked hard for the American dream, but just the same, I have statistically had it easier than any other race or women do in America.

Conservatives many time mischaracterize the ideals of liberals and progressives by saying that they want everyone to be absolutely equal, that they want everyone to earn the same and have the same standard of living. This is not the case, and has never been. The liberal and progressive ideal is to have an equal starting point. The ideal is not for people like me, white men, to statistically have such a leg up on anyone else in our society.

Back
Top Bottom