• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Afrimericans And American Racism Hiding In Plain Sight

Well, Afrimerican, can you show me an example of racism over there? I'm not a push over either, i want some good hard evidence. All i see is a tragedy, and people trying to overcome it. Did you know that New Orleans had over one thousand buses and a 48 hour time where they knew the hurricane would strike and had enough time to get out, which was part of a pre thought out plan they had set up, and yet they did not get out. Did you know that the survivors of this disaster are going to be given a $2000 debit card for personal expenses, something that will help them out. Did you know that we, the U.S. has raised money for the hurricane survivors, a lot of money. It is sad that what little resources they had, in money that is, had to be directed to policing the areas, because some people took it upon themselves to utilize the situation as a crime spree...What happened was a mob mentality. What happened afterward and what is happening as we speak, is Americans trying to help Americans, the best they can. Racism has nothing to do with what is going on, until now that people see an opportunity to blame it on such a dividing subject such as racism. This NATURAL DISASTER had no one to blame, except mother nature. Now this, blame it on racism, horrible.

Not only that but when people are actually shooting at the rescuers how are you supposed to help?

The answer is simple, you shoot back and hopefully its a head shot.:lol:

This NATURAL DISASTER had no one to blame, except mother nature.

Give this guy a cookie. Right on sir. Very well put.

Calm2Chaos said:
that statement is what I would do. What my possible black neighbor across the street would do is completely up to him.

The mayor and the governor were prtty inept in there handling of this crisis. Lets not forget that a lot of these people wouldn't leave there house. Some still refuse to do so. Tough to help those that don't want help

Many couldn't leave, they had no cars, or access to any cars (unless they stole them). Others were not anticipating what would happen, I guaruntee that most of them barely knew what a levy was, when you're poor you have bigger things to worry about (or so they thought). Those hanging on now, by my guess, are afraid to let go. That is all they have in life, and they are afraid of going out into the world, by themselves, with nothing but their name. I would be scared too.

HTColeman said:
Many couldn't leave, they had no cars, or access to any cars (unless they stole them). Others were not anticipating what would happen, I guaruntee that most of them barely knew what a levy was, when you're poor you have bigger things to worry about (or so they thought). Those hanging on now, by my guess, are afraid to let go. That is all they have in life, and they are afraid of going out into the world, by themselves, with nothing but their name. I would be scared too.

They had plenty of time to get out. They knew there was going to be a good chance this was going to hit 48 hours prior. I know there were a lot of poor. But I think they can afford feet. The situation is not all someone elses fault. And the ensuing situation was not all someone elses fault. They were told to leave, many decided not to. Thats a decision that may have cost them dearly. But it is a decision they made, not the government. There getting aid, and medical attention. It might be a little faster if they weren't needing to do house to house searches throughout 1000's of square miles. I don't see what anybody could have really done to make this that much better after the hurricane hit.

Calm2Chaos said:
They had plenty of time to get out. They knew there was going to be a good chance this was going to hit 48 hours prior. I know there were a lot of poor. But I think they can afford feet. The situation is not all someone elses fault. And the ensuing situation was not all someone elses fault. They were told to leave, many decided not to. Thats a decision that may have cost them dearly. But it is a decision they made, not the government. There getting aid, and medical attention. It might be a little faster if they weren't needing to do house to house searches throughout 1000's of square miles. I don't see what anybody could have really done to make this that much better after the hurricane hit.

THEY SHOULD HAVE WALKED?!

You're right, screw them, they should have walked to safety. Now they are stranded and using our tax dollars! :roll: It is all their fault!

HTColeman said:

You're right, screw them, they should have walked to safety. Now they are stranded and using our tax dollars! :roll: It is all their fault!

I am posting someone else's post(stonemage) from another thread because of its relevance in this conversation...

stonemage said:
Some people have gotten so used to blaming Bush for everything that it becomes a knee-jerk reaction.

In the Louisiana State Emergency Operations Plans it clearly states that the evacuation must take into account those without transportation and those with special needs.

Mayor Nagin left those buses (in the picture) where they were by not ordering them used to evacuate the city. There are enough city and school buses to transport 12,000 people per trip. But none were used.

In 1998 when Hurricane George threatened New orleans, they opened the Superdome as a shelter. There were numerous problems with violence and thefts. Apparently Mayor Nagin thought things would be different this time.

It is the responsibility of the state and local governments to prepare for a disaster and for the first response after a disaster. The federal aid that was staged prior to Katrina's arrival went to Mississippi for two reasons. First, because that was where the brunt of the storm's force hit. Second, because the Mississippi governor requested the aid immediatelty.

Bush can be blamed for cutting the budget for the US Army Corp of Engineers, and so cut the budget for maintaining and repairing the levee system. But the fact that there were tens of thousands of people in harms way was due to the incompetence of state and local officials.

Apparently they thought they could rely on luck to turn the storm.

The poor and infirmed are CLEARLY the Mayor's responsibility...

The poor and infirmed are CLEARLY the Mayor's responsibility...

I wouldnt even say that. Your life is your responsiblilty not the governements. You want to save yourself? Then thats exactly what you better do casue you cant expect someone to do it for you. We as americans are getting too lacsidazical and we need to realize governement isnt responsible for your life if it has to do with a natural disaster. There responsibility lies within getting you the correct and best possible info for you to make the decision of evvacuation or not. Then its their responsibility to make sure everyone gets the proper aid and help as far as supplies and food.

Now of course if someone needs help with their life the governments not going to say no which is rightfully so. But to blame the government becasue someone died in the hurricane is just foolish. And to blame the government for not helping you get out sooner is just foolish as well.

SKILMATIC said:
I wouldnt even say that. Your life is your responsiblilty not the governements. You want to save yourself? Then thats exactly what you better do casue you cant expect someone to do it for you. We as americans are getting too lacsidazical and we need to realize governement isnt responsible for your life if it has to do with a natural disaster. There responsibility lies within getting you the correct and best possible info for you to make the decision of evvacuation or not. Then its their responsibility to make sure everyone gets the proper aid and help as far as supplies and food.

Now of course if someone needs help with their life the governments not going to say no which is rightfully so. But to blame the government becasue someone died in the hurricane is just foolish. And to blame the government for not helping you get out sooner is just foolish as well.

The Constitution says the gov't is to protect and promote the general welfare. I wasn't even aware of that document Stonemage quoted, that makes the lack of leadership even worse. What do you think is the gov't responsibility? What is their main purpose?

The Constitution says the gov't is to protect and promote the general welfare

Yes under foreign or domestic threats. I dont think hurricanes or other natural disasters fall in that category.

What do you think is the gov't responsibility? What is their main purpose?

I just told you in that last post if you read the whole thing dude.

The gov isnt responsible for your decision to not leave. There is no excuse for anyone to still be there or who decided to not leave. They knew it was going to hit new orleans 9days before it hit. Now 9 days is plenty of walking time as far as I am concerned. I could walk pretty far in 9 days. And I know they could walk and make it to a train/trolley/bus/or aiprot station in 9days. So whose fault is it that they didnt leave? Its also the gov fault that they didnt declare new orleans a disaster area sooner so they could get federal aid sooner. Also the luders dont help either. To blame gov for this tragedy is dumb. I would expect blaming god for it before the gov.

SKILMATIC said:
Yes under foreign or domestic threats. I dont think hurricanes or other natural disasters fall in that category.

Preamble
"in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare"

On the gulf coast there is no domestic tranquility, no common defense was prepared, the general welfare was not promoted.

I just told you in that last post if you read the whole thing dude.

The gov isnt responsible for your decision to not leave. There is no excuse for anyone to still be there or who decided to not leave. They knew it was going to hit new orleans 9days before it hit. Now 9 days is plenty of walking time as far as I am concerned. I could walk pretty far in 9 days. And I know they could walk and make it to a train/trolley/bus/or aiprot station in 9days. So whose fault is it that they didnt leave? Its also the gov fault that they didnt declare new orleans a disaster area sooner so they could get federal aid sooner. Also the luders dont help either. To blame gov for this tragedy is dumb. I would expect blaming god for it before the gov.

If you want to blame God, that is your personal decision. But you never answered my question. I am asking what do you think is the gov't responsibility? What is their main purpose? Not what isn't their responsibility, we could go on all day talking about what isn't their responsibility.

No but they are promoting and prevoking it. So I dont know why you are fussing? Let me ask you somehting? In a area of about 2.5million people who have been directly affected and he land area of THE WHOLE GULF COAST. Now you want some gov official to be right by every single citizen and spoon feed them?

I think they have done an outstanding job so far with this. Now if you really want to place blame you should do so on the luders. Theywere the ones who screwed up alot of the things there.

If you want to blame God

I never said I would blame God I think I made it very clear that I would think that people would blame god first before they blame the government. Please learn to comprehend reading.

But you never answered my question. I am asking what do you think is the gov't responsibility? What is their main purpose? Not what isn't their responsibility, we could go on all day talking about what isn't their responsibility.

And again I just told you the gov responsibility on my last post before yours. So please re -read it casue you missed the whole point.

HTColeman said:

Pretty much..............

I find it funny that you get indignant about saying they should have walked out instead of being stranded or dying. Is walking racisit, because we would have sent limos for all the white people?
If these people were as poor as you were saying they were spending my tax dollars anyway.
Guess the prospect of walking out of harms way is tempered by the need to be alive...

I find it funny that you get indignant about saying they should have walked out instead of being stranded or dying. Is walking racisit, because we would have sent limos for all the white people?
If these people were as poor as you were saying they were spending my tax dollars anyway.
Guess the prospect of walking out of harms way is tempered by the need to be alive...

Thats eXactly what hes saying. He thinks its racist for us to let poor blacks walk instead of giving them limos. You know what? I think this taught them all a lesson. And that lesson is get a job and pay for a car(INSTEAD OF GRAND THEFT AUTO). :lol:

And your right they were waisting our tax dollars the day they came out of their momas womb.

Now if these people were working class people who are just struggling then thats one thing but most of them arent. Its a sad deal.

128 made this stupifying post; "When you see a black man on the street at lets say, 11 PM, do you feel safe? then compare that to when a white guy is there at 11 PM, do you feel safe? chances are, if the black man is out, you're feeling less security than if it was a white man. This would be subconcious racism...."

Oh yeah, just like more men getting pulled over by cops is proof of subtle sexism....and the fact that most inmates at LA Country jails are male and that is proof of sexism....

Did it ever occur in your tiny cacucasian hating brain that maybe negroes and mongoloids from mexicon and south american countries disproportionately engage in violent crimes?!

Which would you feel safer having your blonde petite cute figured caucasian wife alone on a dark alley with, a male negro in baggy clothes with a blue bandana pulled down halfway over his eyes with dark sunglasses on or that college educated hacidic jew in a business suit?

If you said the jew, then by your own bizarre logic, you're a negro hating racist!!!!!!!!

Calm2Chaos said:

First, back up and stop your first argument. My first post, I clearly stated that I did not think it was about race, it just seems that way because N.O. is 67% black.

Second, the average person did not know the consequences if the levees broke. The average person did not know the levees would break. N.O. wasn't even that bad until the levees broke. If you did not know any of this, why would walking be worth it? If you did not know about even the possibility that the levys, if the average person even knew about them, would break, why would walking aimlessly for miles be worth it. Think about the knowledge they had, or thought they had, prior to the hurricane.

QUOTE:SKILMATIC

Look, if teeling truths makes me a racist then I must be the biggest racist than everyone on this forum. The fact of the matter is black people have a grave problem with holding and getting jobs care to disagree with that? And its not becasue they are dumber or less educated or whatever the reason. Its becasue they know that they can make more money on the street pimpin hoes and sellin crack then workin at fast food, digging ditches, or cleaning bathrooms.

Another fact is these people could go to college, but they decide not to. Is that my fault? Should I have to pay for their welfare casue they cant get a good paying job casue they decided to not go to college when our tax money pays for good productive things like these? No but instead they would rather collect my tax money on the dole. I think we should do away with welfare. It will create more jobs and spice up the economy. Why you ask? And what about the children? Well thats why we provide a separate type of program for specifically only for the kids and not the adults. The adults are old enough to make choices on their own to either get a job or starve to death its that simple. I mean c'mon their are jobs for retards. If a retard can get a job certainly black people can. Care to disagree with that?

So you are implying that Powell isnt a good figure? And last time I checked he stepped down from bushes admin. So how does that make them buddies?

Hmmm... care to argue with facts?

Hows this for a fact. Would you want to be helping some crack whore get her fix instead of feeding her own kids? Well thats what you are implying by that stupid idiotic comment that you would rather sit on the dole instead of make something of yourself.

I am not racist against black people, but I am racist against stupidity(o and this goes for any other race too).

___

Now, I see!...you're one of those guys that moans and groans about the Government taking away his money to serve the unemployed.
Yeah, tell you what. Bollocks! If you ain't happy with it, then try selling crack and pimping hoes and you won't have to feel it.

QUOTE:

"The adults are either old enough to get a job or starve to death"

"If a retard can get a job certainly black people can."

"I am not racist against black people"

"thats what you are implying by that stupid idiotic comment"

I'll tell you what 'idiotic comments' are..all your above and aforementioned statements compared to all your disclaimers...And I'll tell you something that's a 'fact'... you're twat, man! A full-on idiot!

You're no more adept, or even so much a dilettante, in the field of Economics than you are in the garden of social skills...You're a racist, self-superior whinger! You moan about those everyday things that you don't like but you look for others who 'you' consider less substantial than yourself to put the blame on.

Tell you what!! Write to the government about those misguided taxes! Start a campaign over the unemployment benefits! GO! Protest, man! PROTEST!

No, you won't do that will you? because it's easier to push your mangled anger out...here. You didn't come here to debate! You come here to vent your feelings and make snide remark about anyone who wants to question 'em!

You're a racist, dear boy! You're worse than some of the others that debate with racist rhetoric who openly admit they're racist!
You don't even do that! You're not a man, you're a mouse! 'squeak squeak squeaky squeak!'

You! with your above quoted comments, would have had the favourable looks of the goverment in Germany between the late 1930's and the mid 1940's.

IF you walk into a place thats filled primarily with black people and you say "WANT SOME ADVICE BLACK PEOPLE?" and "IF YOU DON'T LIKE GO BACK TO AFRICA!" (which you won't!) you'll 'feel' just how stupid that mouth of yours is.

Last edited:
SKILMATIC said:
Thats eXactly what hes saying. He thinks its racist for us to let poor blacks walk instead of giving them limos. You know what? I think this taught them all a lesson.

taught them all a lesson...

SKILMATIC said:
And that lesson is get a job and pay for a car(INSTEAD OF GRAND THEFT AUTO).

SKILMATIC said:
And your right they were waisting our tax dollars the day they came out of their momas womb.

The worst thing that could happen about a child who comes out of someones womb, is one that you help to put in there... And they, god help them, have to grow under the 'guidance' of you.

Last edited:
Calm2Chaos said:

Umm, have you ever tried walking outside during a class 4 hurricane? Me neither. No matter how diligently they walked they would not have been out of harms way when the hurricane hit. Shelter in a bad place is better than dying of exposure outdoors in a hurricane 30 miles up the road.

HTColeman said:
First, back up and stop your first argument. My first post, I clearly stated that I did not think it was about race, it just seems that way because N.O. is 67% black.

Second, the average person did not know the consequences if the levees broke. The average person did not know the levees would break. N.O. wasn't even that bad until the levees broke. If you did not know any of this, why would walking be worth it? If you did not know about even the possibility that the levys, if the average person even knew about them, would break, why would walking aimlessly for miles be worth it. Think about the knowledge they had, or thought they had, prior to the hurricane.

That is SQUARELY the local government's job...If the average person didn't know, they were either not listening or the local administration did not make their point clear.

If the Mayor tells everybody that they should leave, but doesn't assist them like he should have, causing thousands to die, then he should be taken outside, shot, given CPR to bring him back to life...

Then shot again...

HTColeman said:

I've never been to New Orleans, and I knew the consequences of what would happen if the levies broke that were protecting a city that is below sea level.

I find it incomprehensible that people living in a city that can only exist because of the levies would be unaware of what would happen if they were damaged.

MrFungus420 said:
I've never been to New Orleans, and I knew the consequences of what would happen if the levies broke that were protecting a city that is below sea level.

I find it incomprehensible that people living in a city that can only exist because of the levies would be unaware of what would happen if they were damaged.

The average person in N.O. lives in poverty, certainly doesn't have a full education. After watching interviews on the news, I think it is safe to say that they did not know about the levys.

curisz said:
Umm, have you ever tried walking outside during a class 4 hurricane? Me neither. No matter how diligently they walked they would not have been out of harms way when the hurricane hit. Shelter in a bad place is better than dying of exposure outdoors in a hurricane 30 miles up the road.

I keep forgetting 48 hours wasn't enough time. It was a better Idea to not leave and die. Hmmmm good plan I can see the racism peeking it's little head out now

MrFungus420 said:

If you stand next to a wall, and on the other side of that wall is water. And that water is over your head. When or if that wall breaks whats going to happen? Whats this a looney toons cartoon,the water comes in. I am sorry but I can't buy people didn't know. Just looking at it you should understnad that there is water on the other side. And if it breaks the water will come into your side

Back
Top Bottom