• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

According the the newest woke theory, the word "curry" is racist

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
According to the newest woke theory, the word "curry" is racist
Yes, not only "Pizza Hawaii" is a racist term, but also the term "curry".

And that's how woke people argue: The real Indians (from India!) never would use the word "curry", but name all the single spices by their names.
"Curry" then was the invention of those bad old white men, who are responsible for everything bad in this world.

Have you heard about it? And what do you think about it?

"Curry" then was the invention of those bad old white men, who are responsible for everything bad in this world.
Yet at this very minute, millions of people in the world are packing their bags and thinking of a way to sneak into those countries that are still (temporarily) run by those "bad old white men."

Thanks for my first chuckle of the day.

Anyone who thinks that should log off the internet for a little while and spend some time getting sunlight.

Conversely, if you actually believe this is a real issue that anyone would get angry at you for in real life, I suggest you do the same.

And that's how woke people argue: The real Indians (from India!) never would use the word "curry", but name all the single spices by their names.

I will take poutrage over what some random person on Twitter said for 500 Alex. Did I win?

Who is the arbiter of what is "woke" ??

So I looked it up, and I did win! Here is the link you could not provide: https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/the-controversy-over-curry-why-some-say-the-word-is-racist-2507139

There is a war brewing on social media over a simple word: curry. Over the last few days, several people have offered their take on whether or not the term "curry" has racist overtones - as suggested by an Indian-American food blogger. According to Sky News, it all began when food blogger Chaheti Bansal, 27, shared an Instagram video earlier this year urging people to "cancel the word curry" since it has its roots in British imperialism. Ms Bansal, who lives in California, said in her now-viral video that the term "curry" has been misused in the West to describe any dish made on the Asian subcontinent.

So Instagram instead of twitter, but other than that, I nailed it!

The only thing racist is trolling with "Pizza Hawaii" and "curry" as bait on a dull hook. Plus, the fact I only hear "woke" from the RW and never in any understandable context.

I don't like the woke and don't like "the curry".

Might be a connection and might NOT be a connection.

Curry gives me gas and the woke are laboring to take gas away.

BULLSHIT.

The English word "curry" is from the Tamil word "kari" which means a sauce and is pronounced very similar to the English word. Someone didn't do their research.

Then why is it I only hear the term from the RW? What does it mean, to you?
They probably heard it a bunch of times on the faux. It's like when they started screaming endlessly about CRT. The term just appeared everywhere all of the sudden. Sure enough, they heard it on faux.

I now have found an article in English about it:

it all began when food blogger Chaheti Bansal, 27, shared an Instagram video earlier this year urging people to "cancel the word curry" since it has its roots in British imperialism. Ms Bansal, who lives in California, said in her now-viral video that the term "curry" has been misused in the West to describe any dish made on the Asian subcontinent.

Curry is an umbrella term "popularised by white people who couldn't be bothered to learn the actual names of our dishes," she said.

More about it:

The Controversy Over Curry: Why Some Say The Word Is Racist

Original headline:

"The Controversy Over Curry: Why Some Say The Word Is Racist"

Yet at this very minute, millions of people in the world are packing their bags and thinking of a way to sneak into those countries that are still (temporarily) run by those "bad old white men."

Thanks for my first chuckle of the day.
Yep. Stable governments, good economies, more opportunity and civil freedoms. Any person who just looks around and compares the rights, privileges, freedoms, opportunities would see why millions of people are trying to get into the USA. This is despite the lefts constant degrading America. The left gains power by pushing division, hate, racism, and culture wars.

Then why is it I only hear the term from the RW? What does it mean, to you?
What does "woke" mean to me? That's easy - it's a synonym for gibberish, for yammering double talk concerning some sort of "enlightened awareness" we're all supposed to have for social and racial issues.

Why you only hear it from the "RW" is beyond me. It's a word concocted by the "LW" and used regularly in their prattle.

Here now I have found another article:

The word ‘curry’ has been branded ‘racist’ by ‘ridiculous’ woke food blogger​

A woke food blogger has branded the word curry “racist” due to its ties of British colonialism which has sparked angry comments as society has been told to “unlearn” the word.
Food blogger Chaheto Bansal, 27 from California has called for people to “cancel the word curry” in a post which went viral causing much bemusement and outrage.

More:

I do not think that the word "curry" is racist
And I do not find this reproach OK - for it minimizes other things that are really racist.

If you call someone a curry eater that could be taken as a slur but curry is fine. Another nothingburger.

I do not think that the word "curry" is racist
And I do not find this reproach OK - for it minimizes other things that are really racist.
Who the hell does? Its a nothingburger.

Back
Top Bottom