• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

According the the newest woke theory, the word "curry" is racist

I cannot see anything wrong in creating "curry" as a cover-all word for different kinds of spices.
Such cover-all words are a practial thing.
What is racist about those words?

What next?
Then the German word "Obst" for apples, pears, peaches etc is also racist.
And the English word "furniture" for tables, chairs, wardrobes etc is also racist.
And even the words "wine, vin, Wein" for Riesling, Pinot Noir, Gewürztraminer etc etc etc are quite terribly racist.

Yet at this very minute, millions of people in the world are packing their bags and thinking of a way to sneak into those countries that are still (temporarily) run by those "bad old white men."
Bad old White man here (aka: genetically recessive melanin deprived blue eyed global minority devil)!;)

No guilt here....

1*qywx-OlIc95PcjWtZMJAUg.jpeg

If saying "curry" is racist, then what about ketchup/catsup?

If saying "curry" is racist, then what about ketchup/catsup?
Of course it is racist! Everything is racist.
And there is nothing in this world that is not racist.

Remember this:

"The dose makes the poison" (Latin: dosis sola facit venenum 'only the dose makes the poison') is an adage intended to indicate a basic principle of toxicology. It is credited to Paracelsus who expressed the classic toxicology maxim "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; the dosage alone makes it so a thing is not a poison." This is often condensed to: "The dose makes the poison" or in Latin, "Sola dosis facit venenum". It means that a substance can produce the harmful effect associated with its toxic properties only if it reaches a susceptible biological system within the body in a high enough concentration (i.e., dose).[2]

The principle relies on the finding that all chemicals—even water and oxygen—can be toxic if too much is eaten, drunk, or absorbed. "The toxicity of any particular chemical depends on many factors, including the extent to which it enters an individual’s body."[3] This finding also provides the basis for public health standards, which specify maximum acceptable concentrations of various contaminants in food, public drinking water, and the environment.[3]

However, there is no linear relationship and chemical toxicity is more complex than merely the acute effects caused by short-term exposure. Relatively low doses of contaminants in water, food, and environment can already have significant chronic effects if there is long-term exposure.[3]

Generally the effects of different doses can be very different at different levels (not only bigger and smaller impacts depending on dose).

A link to a story would be preferable. I have no idea what you are referring to
From what I know this happened in the US about half a year ago or more.
But it only made news a short while ago in Germany.
So I think in the US everybody is informed. :)

From what I know this happened in the US about half a year ago or more.
But it only made news a short while ago in Germany.
So I think in the US everybody is informed. :)
Never heard of it. The only thing that curry means to my knowledge is a caribbean or east indian seasoning and I like both

As it seems, food blogger Chaheti Bansal is more or less innocent of the whole thing.
She even said that she also uses the word "curry" sometimes because it is practical.

It is those European and American "woke" people with their idiotic idea that "cultural appropriation" is wrong who are the real racists.
Ever since mankind existed there has been cultural exchange, Which is a good thing.

What next?

Is it cultural appropriation for Europeans to have Indian food?
Is it cultural appropriation for Europeans to have Chinese food?

Is it cultural appropriation for Indians to have European food?
Is it cultural appropriation for Chinese to have European food?

There is no end for the idiotic ideas of "woke" people.
They are über-racist or mega-racist.

I love fresh pineapple, partly because I get to break out my knives and make an unholy mess on my cutting board to disassemble the spiny creature but pineapple doesn't belong on a pizza.

I've managed to eat an entire pineapple myself in a day or two, usually when the first pineapples of the season reach the market.

I agree but I'm too lazy to carve up a fresh pineapple. Watching someone in a pineapple producing country carve one up quicker than I can comb my hair puts me to shame.

Back
Top Bottom