• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion Poll

Abortion should be legal in all or most cases?

• Total voters
still cannot figure why women just don't take the pill......obviously this is not the total solution to the need for an abortion as some women cannot use the pill due to physical reasons but looks like it would eliminate part of the problem......in addition why have sex if you do not want a pregnancy......
I don't know how old you are. But young people get caught up in the moment. This has been the case since Adam and Eve. You're not going to change that.

Whatever the legal merits of Roe v. Wade, most Americans think the gestation guidelines are a reasonable compromise. A six week embryo is a choice. A twenty six week fetus is a child. In between is one hell of an argument.

Now see, right there...I am pro-choice but I don't really have a problem with the twenty week wall.
Sure, I'd be more satisfied if that so called "wall" was not quite a hard barrier in EVERY SINGLE instance however for the most part, if one has waited twenty weeks or more, there HAS to be a DAMN GOOD REASON.

Medical emergencies involving the life or health of the mother
Drastically unsustainable damage to the fetus resulting in impossible agony for the child

We can all argue about other instances but the two above are the biggies.
I am not allowed to post pictures and probably wouldn't anyway, except the fact is, since I am not a doctor I do not have medical NAMES for some of the incredibly disturbing shots of babies who could not possibly be expected to survive out of the womb for more than a few days of extreme agony...images that would haunt almost anyone for life.

Cases like that mean that a later term abortion is understandable.
But sure, in most cases, if one has waited twenty weeks or more, they should not expect a simple elective procedure because it is indeed cruel, and in a couple/maybe three or four more weeks, the infant, if healthy, IS indeed VIABLE. Medical miracles? Heroic measures? Probably, but we've all seen the stories of such preemies saved by doctors, so it is clear that an infant at the stage IS "a child".

Again, you are reading something written by a pro-choice person who is NOT an absolutist.
The laws being passed now in the wake of this SCOTUS ruling and the older trigger laws ARE absolutist...and CRUEL.

Abortion should be legal in all or most cases.​

Definitely not all cases but the only restrictions should be:

1. Eugenics should never be the reason.
2. After viability, it should be illegal.

Of course, by eugenics I am not talking about severe medical defects such as Trisomy 13. If she knows her baby's life will be very short and does not want to waste thousands of dollars keeping a seerely disabled infant alive, I don't care when it is diagnosed. But wanting to kill a fetus because of its sex, shape, or color? No way is that ever a good reason to have an abortion. I would ban that.

Only early term pregnancy should be allowed to be terminated. Everything else should be considered barbaric murder. States should have the right to regulate abortion up to banning it altogether as they have the right to legislate laws pertaining to practicing medicine (if you want to classify abortion as "practicing medicine.")

Abortion should be legal in all or most cases.​

No.

Abortion should be legal up to the point the developing cells have achieved a level of development such as to make it a baby human being.

IMO at that point and thereafter that human being deserves all the same protections as any other citizen of the USA.

The rare exception being if the continued development or birth FACTUALLY poses an extreme risk of death to the mother.

No.

Abortion should be legal up to the point the developing cells have achieved a level of development such as to make it a baby human being.

IMO at that point and thereafter that human being deserves all the same protections as any other citizen of the USA.

The rare exception being if the continued development or birth FACTUALLY poses an extreme risk of death to the mother.

This is pretty much my view too, only I say it should be illegal once there is a heartbeat or neurological system.

That will change over time. Once Americans learn that slaughtering unborn children is a bad thing they'll come to their senses.

Everyone knows there is no such thing as slaughtering unborn children.

How many no’s are men I wonder?
Interesting that Sandra Day O’Conner, the 1st woman on the SC & a Reagan appointment, wrote the decision on Roe v Wade. It’s mostly men who want to kill it.

How many no’s are men I wonder?
Interesting that Sandra Day O’Conner, the 1st woman on the SC & a Reagan appointment, wrote the decision on Roe v Wade. It’s mostly men who want to kill it.

Men have a voice and a vote too, plus if a woman keeps the child they are obligated to support it and have no right to "abort" their fatherhood responsibilities.

Definitely not all cases but the only restrictions should be:

1. Eugenics should never be the reason.
2. After viability, it should be illegal.

Of course, by eugenics I am not talking about severe medical defects such as Trisomy 13. If she knows her baby's life will be very short and does not want to waste thousands of dollars keeping a seerely disabled infant alive, I don't care when it is diagnosed. But wanting to kill a fetus because of its sex, shape, or color? No way is that ever a good reason to have an abortion. I would ban that.
I don't think we should be asking anyone about their medical decisions.

still cannot figure why women just don't take the pill......obviously this is not the total solution to the need for an abortion as some women cannot use the pill due to physical reasons but looks like it would eliminate part of the problem......in addition why have sex if you do not want a pregnancy......
How many people only had sex when the were trying to get pregnant?

Republicans love to talk about babies. Then they refuse to help take care of them.

They don't even talk about loving babies. Their only concern is lying about totally objective facts relating to human zygotes, blastulas, embryos, and fetuses.

I voted yes. I will just note that the MS law being ruled on by the Supreme Court actually leaves abortion legal "in all or most cases".

Not in all or most cases after 15 weeks.

Not in all or most cases after 15 weeks.

That's not what the poll question asked. Most cases of abortion occur before 15 weeks. The vast majority, in fact.

No.

When is that point in development and how is it objectively determined?

That's not what the poll question asked. Most cases of abortion occur before 15 weeks. The vast majority, in fact.

No, it is a general question about abortion. Doesn't matter when most happen.

Back
Top Bottom