• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion Poll

Abortion should be legal in all or most cases?

• Total voters
No, it is a general question about abortion. Doesn't matter when most happen.

It says "most or all." Even if you agree with a 15 week ban, you can still agree that most abortions should be kept legal and therefore that "most or all abortions should be legal."

It says "most or all." Even if you agree with a 15 week ban, you can still agree that most abortions should be kept legal and therefore that "most or all abortions should be legal."

Most or all includes all abortions, at any time. No 15 week ban.

Most or all includes all abortions, at any time. No 15 week ban.

"Most or all" includes "most" OR "all." The word "or" means....well, look it up if you really need to.

If you think "most" but not "all" abortions should be legal, you would still answer yes.

Please tell me you understand this.

"Most or all" includes "most" OR "all." The word "or" means....well, look it up if you really need to.

If you think "most" but not "all" abortions should be legal, you would still answer yes.

Please tell me you understand this.

Most or all has nothing to do with 15 weeks. You introduced the 15 weeks in MS. It is not relevant to the question. That was my point.

Most or all has nothing to do with 15 weeks. You introduced the 15 weeks in MS. It is not relevant to the question. That was my point.

Of course it is. It is mathematically relevant. Let me try one more time: "MOST abortions occur before 15 weeks, so a 15 week ban leave abortion legal "in most cases."

Of course it is. It is mathematically relevant. Let me try one more time: "MOST abortions occur before 15 weeks, so a 15 week ban leave abortion legal "in most cases."

No, it has zero to do with the question posed. The OP said nothing about when most abortions take place so it was not part of the question.

No, it has zero to do with the question posed. The OP said nothing about when most abortions take place so it was not part of the question.

It said "in most cases." Most cases of abortion occur before 15 weeks. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

It said "in most cases." Most cases of abortion occur before 15 weeks. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

You read into the question something that was not there. Most cases also includes the reasons for the abortion, not just when they take place. It is a hypothetical question. Do you know what hypothetical means?

You read into the question something that was not there. Most cases also includes the reasons for the abortion, not just when they take place. It is a hypothetical question. Do you know what hypothetical means?

The word "cases" doesn't mean "reasons." How would that even make sense? How many different "reasons" are there to have an abortion so that one could decide whether they believe it should be legal in most of them or not?

And I didn't say it's JUST when they take place. But when they take place is a characteristic of the situation in which it occurs, and most of those happen before 15 weeks, regardless of the reason.

At best, the question is impossibly vague, and therefore the results totally meaningless to predict public opinion on certain proposed abortion restrictions.

Last edited:
O

Abortion should be legal in all or most cases.​

I cannot give you an answer...

I think abortion should be illegal Accept.if.the mother is in danger OR It means an undue burdon on her mentaly...(rape or incest and other Things)

The word "cases" doesn't mean "reasons." How would that even make sense? How many different "reasons" are there to have an abortion so that one could decide whether they believe it should be legal in most of them or not?

And I didn't say it's JUST when they take place. But when they take place is a characteristic of the situation in which it occurs, and most of those happen before 15 weeks, regardless of the reason.

At best, the question is impossibly vague, and therefore the results totally meaningless to predict public opinion on certain proposed abortion restrictions.

The word cases does include reasons. For example in cases of rape, or the mother's health is at risk, or the indication of potential birth defects, etc. It is not just about the time frame of when the abortion is performed. The question is not impossibly vague, it is broadly general and that is how it was intended even though you don't want that to be the case.

The word cases does include reasons. For example in cases of rape, or the mother's health is at risk, or the indication of potential birth defects, etc. It is not just about the time frame of when the abortion is performed. The question is not impossibly vague, it is broadly general and that is how it was intended even though you don't want that to be the case.

Yes, every case includes a reason. Every case also includes a timeframe. There is a practically infinite number of ways you can breakdown all the possible "cases" based on a matrix of reasons and timeframes, and other factors.

But the fact is that most cases, for whatever reason, happen before 15 weeks.

We're funny that way. We think a baby's parents should take care of them, not the government.

There would be a LOT fewer abortions if America's health care and child care was more like Europe's. Many abortions are done at least partly out of fear of financial insecurity.

As of this point in the poll, the numbers are

49 YES.

11 NO.

That is almost a 5 to 1 ratio of Yes to No.

I find this concerning and a bit comical.

Why? Because it seems more people are concerned about the rights of the Woman, while completely ignoring the other party...the Unborn Child.

It's all about the right of the Woman to choose. Loudly asserting in absolute terms "Her body, Her choice!"

It's like people forget that without children, there would be no Women to make such choices, and no Men to cause the imagined dilemma at all.

But the fact remains that at some point in the developing "conglomeration of cells" there arises a feeling, thinking, sensing, and aware human being. Whose sole difference is not having yet emerged from the womb.

Like both of his or her parents did at one time. This is, after all, how we all came to exist.

So, I hold the proposition that "Abortion should be legal in ALL or MOST cases" is not valid at all.

Meanwhile, when it comes to preventing pregnancy, I am all for "absolutely HER body HER choice." Thus:

It should be the responsibility of the woman to make sure no male engages in "unprotected sex" with her body if she wants to ensure she does not get pregnant.

It should be the responsibility of the woman who chooses "unprotected sex" to take steps to prevent a possible pregnancy, (morning after pills, etc.).

It should be the responsibility of the woman who was sexually assaulted not only to testify against her assailant to insure he goes to jail, but to seek immediate medical aid in preventing the possibility of unwanted birth.

It should be the responsibility of the woman to act ASAP after she shows early signs of the possibility of pregnancy with an unwanted child to immediately to seek medical evaluation and abortion. Thereby preventing the need for mid to late term abortions.

All of this recognizing full support for the cry "My body, My choice!"

Last edited:
Everyone knows there is no such thing as slaughtering unborn children.
Everyone knows there IS such a thing as slaughtering unborn children, even leftists know. They're just too selfish and dishonest to admit it.

It's funny. leftists would have everyone believe that a cancerous blob is in mom's belly until a beautiful baby magically pops out the day of his or her birth. lol

If you want to force a women to have a child, put your money where the child's mouth is, or better yet, you adopt the child.
Or better yet...don't want to risk be responsible for taking care of a kid....keep your legs closed and don't have one!

Which is why I put “prolife” in quotes.

I prefer people choose life.
OK I think I got it. Seems quite a nuanced position. DO you think there are pro-choice advocates that prefer a woman has an abortion? I sure hope not.

Republicans love to talk about babies. Then they refuse to help take care of them.

The are an easy choice to champion and moralize over. They don't require anything of you, and don't cost you anything, and when they are born they can wash their hands of them.

Abortion was not just legal—it was a safe, condoned, and practiced procedure in colonial America and common enough to appear in the legal and medical records of the period. Official abortion laws did not appear on the books in the United States until 1821, and abortion before quickening did not become illegal until the 1860s. If a woman living in New England in the 17th or 18th centuries wanted an abortion, no legal, social, or religious force would have stopped her.
Americans in the Victorian era thought abortion was a problem brought on by upper-class white women, who were choosing to start their families later and limit their size. Increased female independence was also perceived as a threat to male power and patriarchy, especially as Victorian women increasingly volunteered outside the home for religious and charitable causes.
Together, a coalition of male doctors backed by the American Medical Association, the Catholic Church, and sensationalist newspapers began to campaign for the criminalization of abortion. By the turn of the century, this coalition had largely succeeded in limiting women’s medical choices. According to Carroll Smith-Rosenberg in her book Disorderly Conduct: Visions of Gender in Victorian America, restricting abortion was one way that male physicians could “assert clear authority” over their female patients. The Victorian anti-abortion movement portrayed women who terminated their pregnancies as unnatural and selfish, undermining the expected, patriotic, and godly role of the American woman—that of wife and mother.

Back
Top Bottom