• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abolish the DEA.

Why is it conservatives wail and cry about government bureaucracy and intrusion... except when the topic is their own little pet issue? Then, magically, the government is all-wise, and should even be expanded.

They learned it from watching liberals?

I can be open minded to the medical benefits and or medical applications of THC, but lets be honest.

Marijuana legalization has always been about recreational use and its up until recently the argument for legalization has been pushed under the pretense of its supposed Medical benefits

As for the DEA ? We need agencies and people to enforce our laws.

I thought conservatives were all for personal liberty? The Feds have no buisness telling citizens what they can do or put in there body!!

I thought conservatives were all for personal liberty? The Feds have no buisness telling citizens what they can do or put in there body!!

I think you're confusing conservatives for libertarians.

Lets remember why Marijuana was made illegal in the first place, it wasn't because people used it to get high, it was because greedy rich pricks in the lumber industry didn't want the competition to their profits.

Isn't it really too bad it always come down to that? The rich lumber giants then and now big pharm and drug cartels paying to restrict our freedoms.

Isn't it really too bad it always come down to that? The rich lumber giants then and now big pharm and drug cartels paying to restrict our freedoms.

What always gets me is when Capitalists say the free market determines price and wages and trade. Utter BS.

Agreed. I'd also include the liquor industry, as well as police/prison lobbies. It has very little to do with safety, if at all.

It's all about the almighty $. :roll:

Agreed. I'd also include the liquor industry, as well as police/prison lobbies. It has very little to do with safety, if at all.

It's all about the almighty $. :roll:

I still cant believe we have for profit prisons. WTF?!

We are. Just not the selective application of Liberty and or doing away with laws just because you dislike them. Laws that apply to and protect everyone in the Community

Dont confuse Liberty with anarchy, they're not the same and stop confusing Libertarianism with Conservatism.

The consequences of addiction and drug use dont start and stop at the addict. They extend out to family members, friends and to the community.

If I or others who are against legalization live in that Community, then we get to have a say in the issue.

We are. Just not the selective application of Liberty and or doing away with laws just because you dislike them. Laws that apply to and protect everyone in the Community

Dont confuse Liberty with anarchy, they're not the same and stop confusing Libertarianism with Conservatism.

The consequences of addiction and drug use dont start and stop at the addict. They extend out to family members, friends and to the community.

If I or others who are against legalization live in that Community, then we get to have a say in the issue.

Oh really?

Links showing cannabis is responsible for all you say?

Unfortunatly for you the laws are changing, and Fed prohibition will end when Madam Pres moves it to schedule 2. Enjoy !!

Last edited:
Eh....we should probably watch out for huge shipments of stuff like meth and heroin, but they do need to be massively scaled down. Federally, forget about anything less harmful than booze - just about everything other than coke, meth, heroin - and decriminalize individual possession at the state level.

Illicit drug use and addiction not only impacts the user, but the addicts family, their friends and the communities they live in.
Addiction creates a string of victims from the user out and it can destroys entire communities

https://www.google.com/amp/www.clev...own_grou.amp?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us

Sure, Marijuana isn't heroin but its legalization would still have a impact on the community and everyone who lives in that community, even those who oppose its legalization.

There's no Liberty without law and order and someone's " right " to go through life under the influence of powerful psychoactive chemical compounds doesn't supersede my right to raise my family in a Community not inundated with drugs and drug addicts

I've softened my position on this issue a bit to at least consider legalization through referendum, which would at least give those who oppose it a vote.

But if the perfect little Texas Conservative town Ive lived in for years ever legalizes it, Im leaving

That is the most ridiculous comparison I have ever heard. Do you believe that alcohol should be illegal? It is actually additive and causes major harm to families and communities. Marijuana is not even additive. Do you enjoy a beer after work? Some people like to enjoy a joint, it is not much different.

What always gets me is when Capitalists say the free market determines price and wages and trade. Utter BS.

How does businessmen working with the government to influence the market make the statement incorrect?

Medical marijuana is very low THC and not any good for recreational use, then again what right does the government have to tell anyone they cant use it? We have police the DEA is not necessary with the exception of maybe at the boarders.

Medical mj can have high thc, it depends on the strain and what it is used for. thc is an extremely effective pain killer which has none of the deadly side effects of opiates, and also stimulates appetite, which is useful for anorexics as well as people with cancer, who have a hard time eatong as well as pain issues.

The low thc variety usually focuses on cdb, which counter epilepsy, slows the rate of cancer cell growth, And so far has been extremely promising in many other areas as a wonder cure. So much so even strictly anti pot tex gov abbot has approved low thc high cdb oils for patients with epilepsy where conventional drugs are innefective.

That is the most ridiculous comparison I have ever heard. Do you believe that alcohol should be illegal? It is actually additive and causes major harm to families and communities. Marijuana is not even additive. Do you enjoy a beer after work? Some people like to enjoy a joint, it is not much different.

You know what's ridiculous ?
Your decision to support legalization based on a subjective comparison to something COMPLETELY different

When have we ever done that ? Legalization via subjective comparison ? Because your OPINION of alcohol being worse is just that, a opinion

Your decision to support legalization based on a subjective comparison to something COMPLETELY different

When have we ever done that ? Legalization via subjective comparison ? Because your OPINION of alcohol being worse is just that, a opinion

Hey Fenton, how many people have ever died overdosing on marijuana?

It's not really opinion that alcohol is worse for you.

Well logically, we allow a much more dangerous substance to be legal so then does it not make sense to make that safer substance legal as well? Alcohol is objectively worse because it causes addiction and even death which can actually tear apart families and communities. No one has ever dies from marijuana poisoning. There is is no reason to have marijuana illegal. You are the one pushing an opinion and making the argument it should be illegal based on a comparison to heroin. Then there is the argument why do you care so much about that people time in their free time?

People really need to read vices are not crimes by Lysander Spooner. It absolutely tears the stupid belief system behind banning pot and other such things to pieces.

LOL what? That's not a opinion. Alcohol IS worse.

Back
Top Bottom