• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Question To Conservatives That Want To Ban All Abortions

Agreed. And that's about the same as the attempts of the pro-life side to use 3rd term abortions as a major focus of their arguments. Dont you agree? That in the realistic discussions on abortion, such outliers should not be driving the laws surrounding abortion? Yes, no? Explain?
I tend to agree, Lursa. Late-term abortions are rare, but it's also true that there are some people who think that abortion is justified up to the moment of delivery, and some of them post here at DP.

There are way more than five anti-choicers who strongly believe in not making exceptions, even if the mother would die.

BTW you are anti-choice, not pro-life. A true pro-lifer cares about the unwanted person's entire life from birth to death, not just up to when the umbilical cord is cut off.

I wish I could like this 40 times.

2cb53b88dc2f154fb1c4aa9d8b9785a885e1fce80a9655172466a0e4a97e63ba.jpg

Are we just reposting memes on this forum now?

I wouldn't call pregnancy a punishment.

But if a girl didn't consent to sex, then I'd argue there's no consent to a pregnancy.

but I'm open to being proven wrong there. If it is the pro-choice position that a girl who is raped SHOULD carry to term, then you'll find no argument from me, only that it's odd from the pro-choice standpoint.

Says a man who could never possibly become pregnant. Pregnancy can absolutely be considered a punishment if you are forced to carry a child you don't want.

Nobody who calls an unwanted offspring a baby prior to birth actually cares what happens to it later. If they did, they would support every single possible way to help unwanted babies have very good and productive lives from birth to death. Instead, they only say all unwanted offspring must be born just to be alive, period - no plans to help them, just the simple fact that they were born is enough for them.
But this is untrue. Your first sentence is unsupportable. I have posted for many years now to counter the extremely stale lie that those who are pro-life care only about those who are unborn but don't give a damn about the born. I don't understand why this lie continues to be repeated when you can look at almost any community and see that there are people who actively care about the born and who actively try to help them and their mothers/parents.

Says a man who could never possibly become pregnant. Pregnancy can absolutely be considered a punishment if you are forced to carry a child you don't want.
Yes, if you impregnate a girl against her consent and force her to carry it, i'm sure, in her mind, it would be considered a punishment, and justifiably so.

I don't necessarily AGREE with it, as a conceptual point, but i don't have to agree. I just have to understand that a girl carrying a child of her rapist is simply too much to expect out of a person. That it's entirely justified. Even if the fringe position is entirely philosophically correct on the matter, and there's serious doubt on that, expectations on another should not exceed expectations on one's self.

Well, they're constantly trying to undermine welfare, food stamps, and education. They cause global warming and block any attempt to fix the student loan crisis or pass any meaningful legislation that could stop school shootings. They also love unnecessary wars that kill children overseas, steal children from their parents just because they're undocumented... Oh and they regularly run up massive deficits to give tax cuts to people who don't need them forcing future generations to pay off their debt.

So, in short, yeah, I'd say the overwhelming majority of Pro-Life people immediately stop caring about born children the instant it might inconvenience them to do so.
nah...your mindless bias allows you to lie to yourself> Hell...you probably have even managed to convince yourself of the lie. But your position is a lie.

Outside of government agencies, there are 131,328 Human services charities alone in the US. There are 35,920 non-profit housing charities. 10,810 food charities. 36,900 youth development charities. There are over 109,000 Physical and Mental Health charities. There are 140,000 combined religious charities.

Stop caring? Who the **** do you think is funding those charities?

Then why do you say the opposite?

Republican Party policies point the other way. All anti-choicers hate government programs that would definitely help women avoid needing abortions. When asked what they would do to reduce abortions, all they say is women should be imprisoned for murder.

From USA Today, May 2019:

Just 1% of women obtain an abortion because they became pregnant through rape, and less than 0.5% do so because of incest, according to the Guttmacher Institute. Yet the battle over exceptions for both has garnered outsized attention in the national abortion debate. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ew-abortions-so-why-all-attention/1211175001/

So 6000 rape victims should be forced to give birth every year because your magical sky daddy says that 7 week old embryo is a person?

So 6000 rape victims should be forced to give birth every year because your magical sky daddy says that 7 week old embryo is a person?
What crime has the unborn committed to deserve extermination?

What crime has the unborn committed to deserve extermination?

Living inside a person against their will. No doubt if a 14 year old boy walked into your house in the middle of the night, you'd defend your right to shoot him in self defense. I know I would.

What crime was committed by the millions of skin cells you washed down the drain last time you took a shower? Or the original "owner" of your last pork chop?

Living inside a person against their will.

What crime was committed by the millions of skin cells you washed down the drain last time you took a shower? Or your last pork chop?

Skin cells aren’t A human.

Living inside a person against their will. No doubt if a 14 year old boy walked into your house in the middle of the night, you'd defend your right to shoot him in self defense. I know I would.

What crime was committed by the millions of skin cells you washed down the drain last time you took a shower? Or the original "owner" of your last pork chop?
If you're comparing a human embryo or fetus to skin cells washed down the drain or a porkchop, I think you need a biology refresher.

Back
Top Bottom