• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A note from a sane republican

So where would I fit in? I'm not a hard core right wing evangelical Christian conservative, I'm decidedly non religious, but on the other hand don't embrace the idea that the 'government' whoever they are can make the best decisions for me and my neighbors. Is there no middle ground?
Not at the moment.

The GOP platform. If you don't support that you are a RINO or a liberal scum or a gay, crossdressing, Francophile who hates America and is also probably a Muslim. Sadly your options are slim to none, brother. Ain't no room for any other kind of Republican in today's GOP.

Sounds to me as if the COS and your Congressman are in fact Teapartisans. They call may themselves Republicans but in truth they are likely from a GOP much different from the one many of us once supported. Unfortunately you see that all to often these days. Teapartisans now largely own the GOP. They co-mingled with Christian religionists, who were already in the process of seizing control of the GOP, and today they are almost indistinguishable.

The present "GOP" will have little or no relevance in another 8 years. Younger voters are going to change that as more people leave the party and as the old white men fade away.

Where will most conservatives go? At present they are leaving the party and becoming independents or libertarians. Why remain in the party? Either ruling party, for that matter. It only encourages the bastards and neither party needs any more encouragement.

Why the hell a party would cling to religion as a base when THIS IS HAPPENING makes no sense to me. Talk about having no vision whatsoever.

Being that actual fiscal conservative, constitution defending members of the GOP, like me, agree with what he said, then yeah, the people that aren't already on Hillary's sycophant team, or those that find fault in everything Republican, or believe that the entire GOP is made up of racist assholes, understand what he said is what the GOP is supposed to stand for.

which is why they nominated Trump as their candidate. After all, he was the most "limited govt conservative" running in the primaries. And he's really strong on the constitution. Particularly Article XII

As your story in post#6 shows, regardless of what the GOP is supposed to be, what it is a group for so-con extremists. They are not for small govt, free markets, protecting the constitution, fiscal responsibility, etc anymore.

They are the Wingnut Party

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom