• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A New Religion

Atheism is new?

And a religion? I mean, it's a belief, but not a religion.

If any belief in a god is called a religion, why can't the belief no god exists be a religion too?

I'd like to see a new religion formed based on tolerance, logic, and uncertainty. Something that acknowledges and appreciates the limits of our understanding as opposed to trying to answer all questions.

Well, there's always the Democrat party but you're missing tolerance and logic.

But they do tell us they know the Bible better.

If atheist don't believe in God why do they spend so much time and effort discussing something they don't believe in?

You know what is really stupid?

Atheists talk about God, but still refuse to accept His existence. When I was an atheist, I did not talk about God, angels, Satan demons, heaven, hell, miracles, or the Bible until I was 17, when my older sister asked me what my religious beliefs are. I began, "There is no God." Then I said Mary and Joseph were the parents of a man named Jesus, who died and did not come back to life. I love believing the Truth now.

Not believing in a religion is a religion to some people.

i mean, it has to be, right? otherwise it's just not believing in a religion.

LOL The way I see it is if believing in a god is a religion, so is believing God does not exist. Many people don't think atheism is a religion because they connect the word "religion" with "God" as if believing in at least one higher power is a requirement.

That is one of the best things about religion, on a long enough timeline someone makes up a new splinter.

Of course it's a belief. The idea of a god is non-falsifiable. Taking a position either way is by definition a belief.

The only people operating without a belief are agnostics, and nobody likes those guys.
The idea of gods is incoherent. There is nothing to falsify. It's no different than any other fictional character, you do not have a belief that other made-up crap exists since it is a fact it does not exist, it's not a question.

The evidence that we have is that the concept of gods came from folk tales and books. This puts the concept of goods in the category of fictional made-up characters in stories. That is what the evidence shows. To dent that you would need to show your argument and most of all, show the evidence that gods are not fictional. Pointing to the size of the universe and trying to assert a possibility without a coherent reason for that possibility is irrelevant.

Being agnostic in science is necessary, being agnostic on fictional characters that humans made up is silly at best. People should stop ignoring the evidence that shows that gods are just human imagination. rational people do not give rise to the possibility that somewhere out in the expanses of the universe that the Smurfs could be out there. Even if we found some alien race that looked exactly like Smurfs it would just be aliens that resembled our fictional made-up Smurfs.

WHich is why agnosticism gets a bad rape because it ignores the evidence that gods are fictional human imagination and that there is no logical possibility of gods.

Can confirm it is. Every day I say my morning prayers to my effigy of gay sex. During my commute I make sure to recite the 5 commandments of wokeness. Civil rights, gay sex, equal economic opportunities, and free healthcare. Every time a corporation has an ad for a minority, I add their name to my holy book of wokeness. To make sure I am a good wokite, I make sure to postalize to the poor wokeless masses.

Yep. That's exactly how it is.

It is believing that there is no god(s). You have no evidence either way, because you really CAN'T have evidence.

That is strong atheism, the belief that there are no gods. Weak atheism is the lack of belief in gods.

Can confirm it is. Every day I say my morning prayers to my effigy of gay sex. During my commute I make sure to recite the 5 commandments of wokeness. Civil rights, gay sex, equal economic opportunities, and free healthcare. Every time a corporation has an ad for a minority, I add their name to my holy book of wokeness. To make sure I am a good wokite, I make sure to postalize to the poor wokeless masses.

Yep. That's exactly how it is.

Now this is a religion I can get behind.

If any belief in a god is called a religion, why can't the belief no god exists be a religion too?
I guess it could be, if one wanted to waste time believing in no god. I choose to just not believe in god and I don't pay attention to those who do.

Funny thing about a god would be that a god could not be subject to physical laws. If a god was, it's not a god but just a really powerful critter.

So miracles would be a localized suspension of one or more physical laws, caused by said being.

Now, you'd think that a being powerful enough to ignore physical laws would have something better to do than to try to herd sort-of-smart primates into behaving.

So maybe that's where god has been for 2000 years. He probably started over elsewhere with something easier to work with. Like wolverines or shrews or some shit.

I guess it could be, if one wanted to waste time believing in no god. I choose to just not believe in god and I don't pay attention to those who do.

Did you choose not to believe in a god without looking for evidence that one might exist?

Did you choose not to believe in a god without looking for evidence that one might exist?
Somewhere in my teens I started to become quite pragmatic, and the idea of talking snakes, virgin birth, Noah's Ark, The Resurrection and other stories
in the bible were very obviously fairy tales, in my opinion. So, if you ask me if I have looked for evidence of god, the answer is no, however I'm sure
that most Christians have spent little time searching for evidence that god exists, they are content to believe because they were raised in religion as
children.

I thought this topic would be about the new religion of Atheism

Oh great new made up terms I have to know, from the OPs link:

The author points out that among Wokers there are different levels of wokeness, in approximate ascending order of religiosity.

Asleep: people who are non-racist and perfectly happy with white and black friends. They believe all lives matter.

Groggy: people who are just beginning to notice things previously ignored, like oppression, racism and historical truth.

Newly woke: the neo-woke are the most extreme segment of the woke community. Once they realise they live in a capitalist society built on oppression, they alter their lives.

Eyes wide open: this stage is the newly woke realising they still have to live in the real world and begin to take advantage of the rules and regulations to stake out their claims.

Woke AF: is achieved when a Woker adopts a stereotyped lifestyle, becomes vegan and uses phrases like “unpack issues” and “problematic” and “microaggressions”.

Insomniac: is the highest form a Woker can achieve. Facts that do not meet their view of society are belittled or ignored. They have one belief and one narrative: that the West is institutionalised against specific minorities, namely black people, women, LGBT and Muslims; the oppressors are white males, capitalists and Jews.
That sounds like some made up BS, frankly.

Edit: I haven't read the article.
Made up by the author, not you, I presume.

Somewhere in my teens I started to become quite pragmatic, and the idea of talking snakes, virgin birth, Noah's Ark, The Resurrection and other stories in the Bible were very obviously fairy tales, in my opinion. So, if you ask me if I have looked for evidence of god, the answer is no, however I'm sure that most Christians have spent little time searching for evidence that god exists, they are content to believe because they were raised in religion as children.

Many Christians were either not raised in the church or, like myself, rejected church teachings until adulthood despite having Christian parents. So in fact millions of Christians did look for compelling evidence of God first and found it.

That evidence includes miracles. If there is no scientific explanation for something that happened, there must be a supernatural one because it is impossible for something to come from nothing.

Many Christians were either not raised in the church or, like myself, rejected church teachings until adulthood despite having Christian parents. So in fact millions of Christians did look for compelling evidence of God first and found it.

That evidence includes miracles. If there is no scientific explanation for something that happened, there must be a supernatural one because it is impossible for something to come from nothing.
I have never seen a miracle, have you?

Back
Top Bottom