• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A New Religion

Well, if this is the bases of a new "religion," then this is absolute proof that ATHEISM can represent another "RELIGION" also.
Rest easy. It's not a religion.

Yes I have. In fact, I prayed for one and got something much better than what I asked for! 🙏
Since you provided no details I assume you believe it was a miracle, and that is wonderful for you. When I lived in Florida, I worked with a man who was a
true believer. One year we had a hurricane that came up the east coast, skimmed by our community, and proceeded to tear the hell out of the Carolina's,
with some loss of life. The next day at work he was all praising god, and gods love, for sparing us, I couldn't resist wisecracking that god must have been pissed at those folks in the Carolina's. You see he thought he witnessed a miracle too, what he really witnessed was weather.

Actually, it is much more accurate to say atheists talk about 'God concepts' that are written/concocted by mere mortals; not actual "Gods", as atheists reject all God claims due to lack of proof any Gods actually exist.
If I was an ATHEIST, I'd certainly not bother debating anyone on the topic. If someone tried to make me an "Christian," I say, "Speak to the hand!" If someone tried to make me a Mormon, I'd simply laugh! But religion would not bother me and I would not bother religion ---------- life is far too short. I'd leave eternity to the Christians.

How is being tolerant and respectful; of the differences in others a religion? I didn't see any mention of religion in the linked article.

In today’s society “woke” means becoming aware of injustice in our culture, especially racism. It is a heightened state of social, political and cultural consciousness. It’s like an individual who, having been asleep, suddenly woke up to see injustice and prejudice rampant in the world to which they were previously blind. Let’s call these individuals “wokers”. The Wokers’ recognition of their new awareness releases their dissatisfactions about the unfairnesses in this world.

Intrinsic is that wokers are cleverer, more finely aware and sensitive than the rest of us. They have seen the light and a way to assuage their frustrations.

Wikipedia expands further: “Woke” is a term that refers to awareness of issues that concern social and racial justice. It is sometimes used in the African-American Vernacular English expression, “stay woke”. Woke resurfaced in 2014 in the Black Lives Matter movement, as a label for vigilance and activism concerning racial inequalities and other social disparities, such as discrimination against the LGBTQ+ community, women, immigrants and other marginalised populations.

Belief isn't founded on stupidity either.
Nope.

Faith is believing without evidence or even in the face of evidence.

It's not stupid, it's human behavior. But it's also one of those things that people insist you follow them on. Sort of like Amway.

Nope.

It's not stupid, it's human behavior. But it's also one of those things that people insist you follow them on. Sort of like Amway.
People don't insist Jesus insisted, it's in the bible

And Eris is in the Principia Discordia, so she is obviously just as authentic.
Not many people know who that is, but almost everyone knows who Jesus is some 2 000 years

Not many people know who that is, but almost everyone knows who Jesus is some 2 000 years
Wait. So god is an argumentum ad populum?

That seems like a crappy kind of evangelism. It's basically reducing your beliefs to marketing.

Wait. So god is an argumentum ad populum?

That seems like a crappy kind of evangelism. It's basically reducing your beliefs to marketing.
I am not an evangelist some sects are outright cults

Nope.

Not at all! Have you lived under a rock or something? If people prayed to GOD and NEVER received an answer ---- ever, then you might have something. But, ships sink and there are survivors, the Nazis did lose the war for obvious reasons and the happy days of the 1950's seem to have been a big thankyou from those that survived, and the Baby Boomers were none the poorer for it... Seriously, if absolutely everything was random chance ----- who would believe in GOD? But prayers are answered, gloom becomes happy and operations often surprisingly are successful. Deathbeds and funerals are gratifyingly comforting ---- and babies are sometimes a surprise but usually very much enjoyed.

People don't insist Jesus insisted, it's in the bible
The bible is a book of mostly plagarized myths that were written over a period of 1000 years by people who had less education than a GED. It wasn't written by a god and it didn't drop out of the sky and get discovered on Mt Siani.

The bible is a book of mostly plagarized myths that were written over a period of 1000 years by people who had less education than a GED. It wasn't written by a god and it didn't drop out of the sky and get discovered on Mt Siani.
Where in other religions do you have their God come down in human form get humiliated and crucified on the cross and make such a deep impact on the world?

Not unless it means synonymous with...
Anyway, since you've never been an atheist, your claim up thread as to what you would do, or not do, is meaningless, since you've never been an atheist.

Since you provided no details I assume you believe it was a miracle, and that is wonderful for you.

I did not tell you what it was because that would derail the thread.

Not at all! Have you lived under a rock or something? If people prayed to GOD and NEVER received an answer ---- ever, then you might have something. But, ships sink and there are survivors, the Nazis did lose the war for obvious reasons and the happy days of the 1950's seem to have been a big thankyou from those that survived, and the Baby Boomers were none the poorer for it... Seriously, if absolutely everything was random chance ----- who would believe in GOD? But prayers are answered, gloom becomes happy and operations often surprisingly are successful. Deathbeds and funerals are gratifyingly comforting ---- and babies are sometimes a surprise but usually very much enjoyed.
I never pray. You never know what might be listening.

Also, you don't really want Eris's attention. She caused the "late bronze dark age" because she didn't get invited to a party.

Back
Top Bottom