• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A New Religion

I thought this topic would be about the new religion of Atheism

Oh great new made up terms I have to know, from the OPs link:

The author points out that among Wokers there are different levels of wokeness, in approximate ascending order of religiosity.

Asleep: people who are non-racist and perfectly happy with white and black friends. They believe all lives matter.

Groggy: people who are just beginning to notice things previously ignored, like oppression, racism and historical truth.

Newly woke: the neo-woke are the most extreme segment of the woke community. Once they realise they live in a capitalist society built on oppression, they alter their lives.

Eyes wide open: this stage is the newly woke realising they still have to live in the real world and begin to take advantage of the rules and regulations to stake out their claims.

Woke AF: is achieved when a Woker adopts a stereotyped lifestyle, becomes vegan and uses phrases like “unpack issues” and “problematic” and “microaggressions”.

Insomniac: is the highest form a Woker can achieve. Facts that do not meet their view of society are belittled or ignored. They have one belief and one narrative: that the West is institutionalised against specific minorities, namely black people, women, LGBT and Muslims; the oppressors are white males, capitalists and Jews.

Funny how the right likes to make things up that have no basis in reality. They appropriate the word woke as a cudgel and only smash their own toes. They need to get off the internet and experience the real world once in a while.

Being "woke" is old history under another name, "self righteousness."

Funny how the right likes to make things up that have no basis in reality. They appropriate the word woke as a cudgel and only smash their own toes. They need to get off the internet and experience the real world once in a while.
I can see Russia from here!!!

Russia-USA,+Diomede+Islands+Map.png

Of course it's a belief. The idea of a god is non-falsifiable. Taking a position either way is by definition a belief.

The only people operating without a belief are agnostics, and nobody likes those guys.
Nope. If I don't have a 1963 penny, this is not a faith assertion about pennies. I just don't have one.

Of course it's a belief. The idea of a god is non-falsifiable. Taking a position either way is by definition a belief.

The only people operating without a belief are agnostics, and nobody likes those guys.

Of course it is not a belief. It is not believing in gods. Is not believing in imaginary things a belief? Is every position taken on something a belief? No, it is not.

Of course it is not a belief. It is not believing in gods. Is not believing in imaginary things a belief? Is every position taken on something a belief? No, it is not.

It is believing that there is no god(s). You have no evidence either way, because you really CAN'T have evidence.

A quibble: atheism is merely not having a deity. It's the absence of belief.

Put another way, if a woman doesn't have an orange, she just doesn't have one; she is not a person with a belief about not-oranges.

If a woman doesn't have an orange, she doesn't usually come up and scream at me about the one I dont have.

It is believing that there is no god(s). You have no evidence either way, because you really CAN'T have evidence.

It is not believing in gods. Theism is believing in god(s). Gods can only be believed in or not.

if things aren't real, it isn't shown by presenting evidence of their unreality.

Woke is the sole property of the loony left.

I'd like to see a new religion formed based on tolerance, logic, and uncertainty. Something that acknowledges and appreciates the limits of our understanding as opposed to trying to answer all questions.

Atheists don't scream at you either.
But they do tell us they know the Bible better.

If atheist don't believe in God why do they spend so much time and effort discussing something they don't believe in?

Back
Top Bottom