• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A moron thus spaeketh

I'm sure you would.

The 2017 Tax Cuts cost over $2 trillion.
no they didn't. people had far more money to spend the government had less. the proper claim is that the tax cuts meant the government had less money. That is not the same as saying something COST the government. I realize collectivists want to cast a bad light on tax cuts. But it is spending the costs money, not tax cuts

no they didn't. people had far more money to spend the government had less. the proper claim is that the tax cuts meant the government had less money. That is not the same as saying something COST the government. I realize collectivists want to cast a bad light on tax cuts. But it is spending the costs money, not tax cuts

The 2017 tax cuts cost over $2 trillion.

It isn't my fault that you don't understand t
can you find me some authoritative source that claims cutting taxes is government spending or is a "cost"

It does mean the government has less revenue. That is not a cost per se

can you find me some authoritative source that claims cutting taxes is government spending or is a "cost"

Sure. You can Google them yourself. The costs of the 2017 tax cuts can be found all over the internet.

I'd love to compare my education to all those who claim tax cuts cost something. They might deprive the federal government of moneys but they don't cost anything
You are always bragging on your education and how smart you are. I work with some extremely intelligent people, yet none of them do that...

that's not what bBiden said. He said we wasted money on it . What money was wasted?
If a tax cut is supposed to spur growth and investment, yet there is no difference in growth and investment after the tax cut, then the government kind wasted their money if that was the goal.

Sure. You can Google them yourself. The costs of the 2017 tax cuts can be found all over the internet.
the honest way of saying this is that the tax cuts meant the government obtained X less revenue. that is not a cost anymore than saving money is a cost. a cost is when you spend something. taking less of our money is not spending

If a tax cut is supposed to spur growth and investment, yet there is no difference in growth and investment after the tax cut, then the government kind wasted their money if that was the goal.
why do lefties never see it as the citizens being able to keep more of what they earn

The government doesn't operate under GAAP accounting, but rather Cash accounting principles. Thus the tax cut would be a cost as it in incurred (every tax year the tax cut is in effect) relative to how much the government would have raised in revenue otherwise.

You are always bragging on your education and how smart you are. I work with some extremely intelligent people, yet none of them do that...
well when lefties constantly pretend anyone who voted for Trump is stupid (numerous democrats have said that) or claiming that they know better, it is a legitimate counter

why do lefties never see it as the citizens being able to keep more of what they earn
We have placed certain fiscal obligations in the public sector. There is a cost for those obligations, welcome to taxation.

The government doesn't operate under GAAP accounting, but rather Cash accounting principles. Thus the tax cut would be a cost as it in incurred (every tax year the tax cut is in effect) relative to how much the government would have raised in revenue otherwise.
that's a bastardization of the term cost

well when lefties constantly pretend anyone who voted for Trump is stupid (numerous democrats have said that) or claiming that they know better, it is a legitimate counter
I have never said that everyone that voted for Trump is stupid, but rather that most stupid people voted for Trump. Thus an intelligent person could have for some reason chosen to vote for Trump, but most of the people in line to vote for him along with them, were people that by and large have been intellectually poorly equipped for the modern knowledge economy and all the statistics we have on the electorate shows that.

I have never said that everyone that voted for Trump is stupid, but rather that most stupid people voted for Trump. Thus an intelligent person could have for some reason chosen to vote for Trump, but most of the people in line to vote for him along with them, were people that by and large have been intellectually poorly equipped for the modern knowledge economy and all the statistics we have on the electorate shows that.
just as many stupid people voted for Biden-maybe a bit more

that's a bastardization of the term cost
That is exactly how Cash accounting works in the government. It's the same reason the government technically cannot make and depreciate capital investments.

the honest way of saying this is that the tax cuts meant the government obtained X less revenue. that is not a cost anymore than saving money is a cost. a cost is when you spend something. taking less of our money is not spending

The tax cuts cost the government $2 trillion+ dollars. If you want to make yourself feel better by saying "it'th only becauthe we didn't collect the money" then do so. The smart people will know how much it cost. $2 trillion. Plus.

The tax cuts cost the government $2 trillion+ dollars. If you want to make yourself feel better by saying "it'th only becauthe we didn't collect the money" then do so. The smart people will know how much it cost. $2 trillion. Plus.
why not focus on the fact that the american people gained 2+ trillion dollars

Biden carried the majority of the educated vote.
that has nothing to do with intelligence. The largest number of advanced degrees in the USA are teaching masters IIRC. People with teaching degrees-in terms of test scores-tend to be the lowest in most college classes. Biden also carried a majority of people making less than 50K a year as well and democrats almost always have won the HS Drop out vote

that has nothing to do with intelligence. The largest number of advanced degrees in the USA are teaching masters IIRC. People with teaching degrees-in terms of test scores-tend to be the lowest in most college classes. Biden also carried a majority of people making less than 50K a year as well and democrats almost always have won the HS Drop out vote
And the average Biden voting zip code had over 10 times the GDP of the average Trump voting zip code. You didn't vote for Trump because you thought he was intelligent or even competent, you voted for him because you hate taxes and you love guns.

BBB has pay fors, the entire cost of the reconciliation bill is paid for.
"Paid for" by whom?
If it was "paid for" - then someone "paid for" it. Someone therefore incurred a cost to pay for it. For whom was it a "cost?"

The tax cuts cost $2 trillion dollars.
"Cost" to whom?

Back
Top Bottom