• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A look at the ongoing "Islamification" of France

Explain to me and others....How can a *small, active/extreme/radical/minority* can totally direct or steer the course of an indifferent or uninterested majority who don't want the same goal as the minority, but don't have the resolve or willpower to do anything about it?

I am not responsible for the actions of others so I have little need for a "resolve" to do anything.

Interesting that. Too many of them, backed by liberals, are brazenly quick to say 'Islam's not this', 'Islam's not that', when they bitch on about it being under attack.

Islam is subjective to the interpretation of the individual :shrug:

Last edited:
I am not responsible for the actions of others so I have little need for a "resolve" to do anything.

Exactly.

When it comes to the crunch, moderates are found wanting. Kind-of removes the gravitas in debate.

The extremists are the ones with the balls - hence the fact they dominate the political direction of Islam, as the maniacs have from the very first day of the Religion of Peace. (Well, since Medina certainly.)

Islam is subjective to the interpretation of the individual.

Yup, Muhammad. And his own 'holy' books let us all know what he wanted.

Last edited:
I am not a soldier. I am fighting for no ones cause but my own if I deem it worthy.

And what is that cause? (And fighting doesn't just mean arming yourself or having a punch-up.)

MetalGear;1059008297]So every Catholic is a pervert?

LOL!! It's still all about Catholics, huh??? Can't you see the title of this thread is "A look at the ongoing "Islamification" of France"? It's not about Buddhists or Hinduism either, in case you plan n mentioning them next.

The thing about your flawed argument is the fact that the book they all supposedly swear by has nothing to do with the actions of terrorist groups.

Au Contraire! I know enough about the Koran to understand that there is a great deal which supports terrorism. You're behaving as though the contents of the Koran are a secret. Republic might give you a few quotes if you were to ask him.

They misinterpret the Koran beyond what can even be considered Islam.

Actually, they don't. You're probably failing to understand it.
Hell, they even mass produce there own radical versions of the Koran.

I think the original is radical enough but where are they doing this? Who is this "they" you refer to?

Children as young as eight were taking part, not being used as shields. And you'll notice that this riot was "condemned".

Instead of condemning what happened in Norway yourself, you're looking for excuses to try and justify it in the "everybody does it" fashion.

You just can't continue to whitewash Islamic violence in the hope that people will ignore it. It has become too obvious, despite the best efforts of much of the media, governments, and supporters, to think it isn't there.

Ooh an official condemnation. Is that because they only condemn when whitey does it? :roll: Also since when would I support violence? I dont see violence as a problem but as a symptom of two interacting cultures. 'Whitewash' is absurd. And the media will always be biased to you until it directly reflects your opinion and subjective reality. Also they were using children as human shields. So nyah.

SE102;1059008353]Ooh an official condemnation. Is that because they only condemn when whitey does it?

Whitey?

Also since when would I support violence? I dont see violence as a problem

Hmm. Seems a little contradictory.

but as a symptom of two interacting cultures.

And that's not a problem?

'Whitewash' is absurd.

Really? Then why, when discussing what happened in Norway, was the focus changed to Ireland?

Also they were using children as human shields. So nyah.

Oh oh~ Another porky!

Oh god, im debating with a pbrick wall. Sorry to have to dump you in with the right wing republican nuts, but i prefer my sanity! :lol:

Mine or theirs?

Depends if they tally. For example, a clue being whether you repudiate Koran 9:29 as invalid Islamic conduct or not.

[9.29] Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/koran/koran-idx?type=DIV0&byte=282392

Islam - literal meaning Submission!

Last edited:
There is no one voice, there is no one leader, there is no one ideology.

Muhammad's was the sole brand of the ideology, yet after the death of the 'Godfather', the other mobsters of the inner circle squabbled for dominance, plunging into murderous turf wars which have lasted since. That's how Sunnis and Shias came about for instance.

But so long as the source material of this evil creed is preserved, then you really will have no reform or revolution of Islam. Certainly not one perpetuated by the 'moderates', who are actually complacent enough not to really care about the wickedness if they can keep it at arms' length. That's my opinion.

Oh god, im debating with a pbrick wall. Sorry to have to dump you in with the right wing republican nuts, but i prefer my sanity! :lol:

Tell ya what, I'll back off a little, so you can take your time with this one....

MG - It's possible to interpret the Koran in a "peaceful" manner, but it takes some contortions. Violent expansion is a much easier interpretation. Conversion from Muslim to any other religion is not allowable even under the most liberal and peaceful interpretations.

So here is the first problem we face. If there is a "peaceful" interpretation, how do we make it not just the majority opinion, but have it enforced internally by Muslim nations?

Hey, just wondering if you feel like a racial victim...

Hmm. Seems a little contradictory.
Du hur it seems contradictory when I edit it!

And that's not a problem?

Interacting cultures is a problem now? ;)

Really? Then why, when discussing what happened in Norway, was the focus changed to Ireland?

It was actually a lighthearted statement during a few pages of respite and levity and quite innocent. Not the evil attempts of a secret islamist sympathiser to whitewash and divert the argument, but you sure have to be on the alert for the tricksy opposition...

Anyways enjoy smearing your intellectual poopings all over each other.

Hey, just wondering if you feel like a racial victim...

I've noticed Leftists often enjoy using these racial epithets as they're convinced by their own self righteousness that it couldn't possibly be racist when they use the words. You're not really racist, are you? But, just like any redneck, you enjoy using racist terms.

Interacting cultures is a problem now? ;)

If that "interacting" involves violence and murder, yes it is.

It was actually a lighthearted statement during a few pages of respite and levity and quite innocent. Not the evil attempts of a secret islamist sympathiser to whitewash and divert the argument, but you sure have to be on the alert for the tricksy opposition...

Oh, it was just lightheartedness. Sure, okay.

Anyways enjoy smearing your intellectual poopings all over each other.

More lightheartedness, huh?

Dont be so quick to judge the West as being so far ahead of everyone else in the world, other cultures may be lacking in some areas but they have key strengths and advantages in many others.

i'll be pretty quick to judge the West as being far ahead of every alternative.

for example:

i think not having slavery is better on a moral and economic plane, than keeping it. only one culture in the history of the world has ever voluntarily given up their slaves and then voluntarily given of it's treasure and blood to wipe that evil out; and that culture would be....
the West.

i think that seperating religion from government serves to limit the government's reach into the spirit and mind of it's citizens; and is a necessary bulwark against oppression, which i judge to be morally inferior and less efficient at improving humanity. that division has been spread to different reaches around the globe, but it started in one culture, and that culture would be...
the West

whether it's science, free markets, individualism, liberty, or human rights, the West has been uniquely tied to their development and spread; far more than any other culture. the free market alone has lifted billions out of poverty, increased our life spans, and made those lives easier on the living.

MG - It's possible to interpret the Koran in a "peaceful" manner, but it takes some contortions. Violent expansion is a much easier interpretation. Conversion from Muslim to any other religion is not allowable even under the most liberal and peaceful interpretations.

indeed. and once you get into the Hadith the question becomes even more difficult.

So here is the first problem we face. If there is a "peaceful" interpretation, how do we make it not just the majority opinion, but have it enforced internally by Muslim nations?

that is the bitch of it. basically we have to provide them with a powerful set of incentives in the form of tying a successful individual and national life to just that interpretation.

Back
Top Bottom