• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

a little problem with GOP "logic"

14t4i0fs29x81.jpg

I'm not sure who thinks banning abortions will stop abortions. who has said that?

also , a draft about rescinding RvW is a far cry from "banning abortions".

So you agree that they will still protest abortion even in the states where it is deemed legal by the states.
Of course, just as we have strict gun control folks, we will also have strict pro-life folks.
But that just means that the individual States will tailor abortion (and restrictions) for their constituents. It simply isn't the purview of the federal government to set that line.

Most conservatives don't want to ban abortions ...just FYI
They want that to be a power relegated to the States to decide.
But by all means, chicken little away.

Of course, just as we have strict gun control folks, we will also have strict pro-life folks.
But that just means that the individual States will tailor abortion (and restrictions) for their constituents. It simply isn't the purview of the federal government to set that line

The first quote above is what you said. Your claim is that all they want is for their state to have the power to regulate it. That is a lie, and you know it. They want abortion outlawed, and if their state says it's perfectly legal, they will still complain and carry on.

The first quote above is what you said. Your claim is that all they want is for their state to have the power to regulate it. That is a lie, and you know it. They want abortion outlawed, and if their state says it's perfectly legal, they will still complain and carry on.
The bolded is the lie.
I told you my POV, i guess you have told me yours.
I consider myself conservative, maybe not necessarily Republican as I tend to vacillate from party to party but I do think that Roe was decided wrong and that it is a State's rights issue. I have no problem with abortions as long as we are following the science regarding the restrictions for them.

The bolded is the lie.
I told you my POV, i guess you have told me yours.
I consider myself conservative, maybe not necessarily Republican as I tend to vacillate from party to party but I do think that Roe was decided wrong and that it is a State's rights issue. I have no problem with abortions as long as we are following the science regarding the restrictions for them.

Your point of view? According to you, all the pro-lifers want is for the state to decide. If you really believe that, then I can't help you.

Your point of view? According to you, all the pro-lifers want is for the state to decide. If you really believe that, then I can't help you.
Once again, that isn't what I said. Is reading comprehension not your thing? I said nothing about pro-lifers regarding their acceptance of abortion services. You won't reach those people. What I did say was that a good portion of conservatives and Republicans aren't fervent pro-lifers.

what constitutionalists want is for the court to rescind a godawful judicial precedent and have it passed properly as a law or amendment.

to me its a waste of time and possibly a political nightmare of their own causing, due to the willingness of Dems to never let a good political reason for hysteria pass.

But the court doesn't do what it does for political reasons, at least not supposedly. If they did, they sure as hell would not take this up right now.

Once again, that isn't what I said. Is reading comprehension not your thing? I said nothing about pro-lifers regarding their acceptance of abortion services. You won't reach those people. What I did say was that a good portion of conservatives and Republicans aren't fervent pro-lifers.

Here is what you said, again. And you have provided exactly zero evidence that "all they want it the power relegated to the states to decide", as if that would shut them up. That is not all they want. Most "conservatives" (who are not by any definition conservative) DO want abortion banned. Just read some of the posts on this board.

Most conservatives don't want to ban abortions ...just FYI
They want that to be a power relegated to the States to decide.
But by all means, chicken little away.

what constitutionalists want is for the court to rescind a godawful judicial precedent and have it passed properly as a law or amendment.

to me its a waste of time and possibly a political nightmare of their own causing.

Why is making a woman's right to abortion "a godawful judicial precedent" in your legal expert opinion?

Here is what you said, again. And you have provided exactly zero evidence that "all they want it the power relegated to the states to decide", as if that would shut them up. That is not all they want. Most "conservatives" (who are not by any definition conservative) DO want abortion banned. Just read some of the posts on this board.
So now we will get into some nit picking of the word most?
This is a done deal, it's not changing at this five minutes so let's see what comes of it.
When you can point to the majority of red states that have outright banned abortions, then you will have won the point.

If not, then I have won.

Deal?

So now we will get into some nit picking of the word most?
This is a done deal, it's not changing at this five minutes so let's see what comes of it.
When you can point to the majority of red states that have outright banned abortions, then you will have won the point.

If not, then I have won.

Deal?

What is a "done deal"?

Where did I say anything about red states outright banning abortions? Why are you imagining something i never said?

What is a "done deal"?

Where did I say anything about red states outright banning abortions? Why are you imagining something i never said?
Then state the end game, and we can agree on that either happening or not, because all I see so far is a host of chicken little "sky is falling" postings here and by the media everywhere.
The decision is likely a done deal.

Why is making a woman's right to abortion "a godawful judicial precedent" in your legal expert opinion?
the argument goes something like: inferring that from the right to privacy is a thin thin reasoning for judicial lawmaking. It also should apply to many other things that being the case, and states rights in the matter.

the proper way to legalize abortion countrywide is to pass an amendment.

don't get me wrong though, I agree with a woman's right to choose, with a few possible limitations, mostly late term unless it could kill the mother or is the product of rape, or other issues. I just believe the law should be implemented properly.

but that concern is a LOT less on my plate than other political concerns I have and I would rather they had not taken up the case than neuter themselves politically due to the hysteria about this.

Then state the end game, and we can agree on that either happening or not, because all I see so far is a host of chicken little "sky is falling" postings here and by the media everywhere.
The decision is likely a done deal.

What end game are you talking about?

LMAO!

Cartoonists who have no analytical skills shouldn't be trying to call others out.

No more than the little problem with demorat “logic”. Having a state by state patchwork of abortion laws would be chaotic, but having a state by state patchwork of gun control, environmental protection, minimum wage and recreational drug laws is necessary for democracy.
Since your republican’t logic prevents federal laws on preventing gun massacres, trashing the environment, and having universal weed laws and wages.

No more than the little problem with demorat “logic”. Having a state by state patchwork of abortion laws would be chaotic, but having a state by state patchwork of gun control, environmental protection, minimum wage and recreational drug laws is necessary for democracy.
... these are not democratic party positions at all. We're all about those Federal one-size fits all mandates, remember? Think through your talking points.

Is that what I said?
Let's respect what each of us say. There is a significant portion of 'Republicans' and conservatives who support abortion (with limits, that can be adjusted based upon the medical science)
People who "support abortion, with limits" generally just want to control women to varying degrees. Their position is absolutely illogical.

Is that what I said?
Let's respect what each of us say. There is a significant portion of 'Republicans' and conservatives who support abortion (with limits, that can be adjusted based upon the medical science)
Those repubs and cons who you ‘think’ support abortion are extremely quiet and under the thumb of extremists who make laws and control gop orthodoxy.

I disagree. I think D's would be fine with having federal gun control, environmental protection, minimum wage and recreational drug laws.

... these are not democratic party positions at all. We're all about those Federal one-size fits all mandates, remember? Think through your talking points.

Striking down Roe does not impose any one-size-fits-all mandate on any state or person.

I disagree. I think D's would be fine with having federal gun control, environmental protection, minimum wage and recreational drug laws.

That (bolded above) may be so, but demorats certainly do not object to doing so at the state government level - which was my point.

Obviously, we do have federal laws on all of the matters which were listed, but the residents of many states wished to change them and did so.

Back
Top Bottom