• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A Eulogy, or a campaign convention?

Deegan said:
It's just an opinion sir, no need to get your angry liberal cap out, it's just an observation of millions of funerals, and now this one. This one was like none I have ever witnessed, did they bash liberals at Reagan's funeral, of course not, it's called tact, and some should show some. There are right ways to do things, funerals included, under your twisted, partisan, and I must say, ridiculous logic, we should just to what ever makes us happy!

Really? describe for me the exact "right way" to have a funeral. Oh and make sure that it applies to all funerals in the whole world. because, since there are right ways to have funerals, they must all be the same, and accepted custom accross the planet in all human society.

oh wait, that's just it, they are custom, or culture, and there are COUNTLESS ways to have a funeral. Maybe this will be a (good) new trend. Honestly, I don't think Mr nor Mrs. King have any real complaints.

Funerals are for the living, the dead don't need them. The deceased may be the center or focus, but the party and ritual is for everyone else who is still alive. It is up to the alive then, to plan the event.

SUcks to be Bush though huh? When formal social custom requires his invitation to a place he may not be so wanted. I think he is fine with that pattern of behavior though, he wasn't "really" wanted in the white house either, but he manages. It's a hard knock life for Bush.

libertarian_knight said:
Really? describe for me the exact "right way" to have a funeral. Oh and make sure that it applies to all funerals in the whole world. because, since there are right ways to have funerals, they must all be the same, and accepted custom accross the planet in all human society.

oh wait, that's just it, they are custom, or culture, and there are COUNTLESS ways to have a funeral. Maybe this will be a (good) new trend. Honestly, I don't think Mr nor Mrs. King have any real complaints.

Funerals are for the living, the dead don't need them. The deceased may be the center or focus, but the party and ritual is for everyone else who is still alive. It is up to the alive then, to plan the event.

SUcks to be Bush though huh? When formal social custom requires his invitation to a place he may not be so wanted. I think he is fine with that pattern of behavior though, he wasn't "really" wanted in the white house either, but he manages. It's a hard knock life for Bush.

It has everything to do with respect for the dead, their life, their loves, their accomplishments, their strengths, their character, their hopes, dreams, etc. This was her time, not the reverends, not the former presidents, or the current one, it was for her. What they do elsewhere is irrelevant, this is not the United Nations sir, it's the United states of America, and we have standards. That said, you can do what you like at a funeral you arrange, but you also have to expect to hear from those who care, when you f**k it up beyond all recognition, they have now been told.:roll:

As for Bush, he was brave to walk in to that room, knowing most don't respect him, most certainly didn't vote for him, and many just don't plain like him, but he represented us all. You can sit behind your computer screen, fresh out of your last "I'm going to save the world" class in school, but until you walk the walk, you have got a lot to learn young man, and you won't find the answers in those over priced books you carry around.;)

Deegan said:
It has everything to do with respect for the dead, their life, their loves, their accomplishments, their strengths, their character, their hopes, dreams, etc. This was her time, not the reverends, not the former presidents, or the current one, it was for her. What they do elsewhere is irrelevant, this is not the United Nations sir, it's the United states of America, and we have standards. That said, you can do what you like at a funeral you arrange, but you also have to expect to hear from those who care, when you f**k it up beyond all recognition, they have now been told.:roll:

As for Bush, he was brave to walk in to that room, knowing most don't respect him, most certainly didn't vote for him, and many just don't plain like him, but he represented us all. You can sit behind your computer screen, fresh out of your last "I'm going to save the world" class in school, but until you walk the walk, you have got a lot to learn young man, and you won't find the answers in those over priced books you carry around.;)

which of those attending, or with a close relationship with Mrs. King have voiced their outrage?

What better way to characterize the life a civil rights activist that to get up there and say "The job is not done, I will try and continue her work"? what more honor could there be for a person like Mrs. King than to recognize that all her work and loss does not stop when she does. That she did something so worthy in her life, that others felt it necessary for them to tell her and her family and friends, that her life lives on through the works of others.

libertarian_knight said:
which of those attending, or with a close relationship with Mrs. King have voiced their outrage?

What better way to characterize the life a civil rights activist that to get up there and say "The job is not done, I will try and continue her work"? what more honor could there be for a person like Mrs. King than to recognize that all her work and loss does not stop when she does. That she did something so worthy in her life, that others felt it necessary for them to tell her and her family and friends, that her life lives on through the works of others.

And all they did was bring more racial divide to this country, you catch more flies with honey, then you do vinegar, or did they not teach you common sense at your school? This Reverend knows this, and so do the other hustlers that attended that convention. They know when the racial issue dies, so do they, and they can't let that happen, they will fight to the death to keep that dream alive!:roll:

How did the King family feel about the services?

I haven't been able to find any direct quotes from them. They're the only ones that count. Conservatives still wanting to control our lives (Terri Schiavo, anyone). Now you're going to tell someone how to conduct a funeral service for their mother. I don't care if she was a public figure, she was their mother, not yours. :damn

BWG said:
How did the King family feel about the services?

I haven't been able to find any direct quotes from them. They're the only ones that count. Conservatives still wanting to control our lives (Terri Schiavo, anyone). Now you're going to tell someone how to conduct a funeral service for their mother. I don't care if she was a public figure, she was their mother, not yours. :damn

LOL, like you care, puhlease, you just did it again, "Terri Schiavo", what a crock of s**t!:rofl

Televise a funeral, and guess what sir, it affects all Americans, not just her family. I am sure those folks were loving it, as I said, if this race issue dies, so do they, they have a vested interest in keeping racism alive, that's the sad truth. I watched the disdain on her daughters face when the Republicans spoke, I was disgusted at her obvious disgust, made me just want to hire a black person tomorrow, really it did, I could feel the love!:roll:

Deegan said:
LOL, like you care, puhlease, you just did it again, "Terri Schiavo", what a crock of s**t!:rofl

Televise a funeral, and guess what sir, it affects all Americans, not just her family. I am sure those folks were loving it, as I said, if this race issue dies, so do they, they have a vested interest in keeping racism alive, that's the sad truth. I watched the disdain on her daughters face when the Republicans spoke, I was disgusted at her obvious disgust, made me just want to hire a black person tomorrow, really it did, I could feel the love!:roll:

Want me to help you carry some of that White Man's Burden for ya?

libertarian_knight said:
Want me to help you carry some of that White Man's Burden for ya?

You watch too many movies boy, I pay more in taxes every year then you'll make in your first year out of school, but I will let you carry my groceries to the car, might even tip you 50 cents.;)

Deegan said:
You watch too many movies boy, I pay more in taxes every year then you'll make in your first year out of school, but I will let you carry my groceries to the car, might even tip you 50 cents.;)

You scratch long enough and you eventually get past the facade. ;)

You know, when Reagan died and we had 24/7 coverage of his funeral for what seemed like weeks, I didn't see the outrage at the many political statements made at his funeral.

The GOP made good use of Reagan's death at their convention too.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040609044919/http://www.gop.com
http://web.archive.org/web/20040607052507/http://www.georgewbush.com

My guess is that if Gore had won in 2000 we would have seen some harsh words for him on the Reagan stage too.

We didn't hear any of this stuff from the Corporate Media covering Reagan's funeral though:

PRESIDENT REAGAN SCANDALS

Attorney General—Cabinet--two OIC investigations-no charge Asst. Attorney General—No Charge Secretary of Defense—Cabinet—Pardoned Asst. Sec. Of Defense—Guilty--to Prison Secretary of Labor—Cabinet—Not Guilty Secretary of Interior—Cabinet—Guilty—fined National Security Agency--Director----Cabinet—Guilty National Security Agency--Director----Cabinet—Guilty—Pardoned National Security Agency—Director---Cabinet---Resigned Asst. Secretary of Navy—--Guilty—Fined Dep. Secretary of Air Force-Guilty—Fined Director of CIA—Cabinet—Died during investigation Asst. Director of CIA—Guilty—Fined Director of HUD—Cabinet--Pled Fifth Asst. Director of HUD—Guilty Director of Superfund—Guilty—to Prison Director of FAA—Guilty-Fined Director of NASA-Guilty—Fined Special Asst to President—Guilty Communications Director for President—Guilty EPA Administrator—Resigned Asst. Secretary of State—Guilty

9 Cabinet Members—

REAGANGATES (32)

Illwind-gate Superfund-gate Hud Wed-Tech Interior Labor Oval Office Lt Colonel Iran-Contra Basement Faa Nasa Pentagon Korea S & L Epa Postal Agriculture Hhs Home loan Veterans Fema Legal Services Civil Rights Transportation Product Safety Economic Development Synthetic Fuels Social Security Land Management Osha Cia

Sources:
Haynes Johnson book “Sleepwalking” “When The Pentagon Was For Sale”—Andy Pasztor
2 books titled “Scandals” “The Clothes Lost The Emperor”-Paul Slansky (day by day chronology of 1980’s) “Stealing From America”— “Landslide”-Jane Mayer & Doyle McManus

KCConservative said:
Wow, I wish I could have a crystal ball like that. Hey, tell us about the guy sitting behind the First Lady. What's he thinking?

It doesn't take a crystal ball to read body language. Law Enforcement, HR professionals, psychologists and educators do it all the time.

It might also help you get a date for Valentine's Day! ;)

If you want to read up on the subject, here are a few links.

http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies.php
http://www.professional-cv-services.co.uk/intv/positive_body_language_at_job_interview.html

It was nice to see Bubble Boy and his daddy together.

Bush_Father_Advice.jpg

BWG said:
You scratch long enough and you eventually get past the facade. ;)

No, if you scratch long enough, a sore appears, this is my point exactly.

Deegan said:

You may wanna check who you are talking to. I'm not a kid. I doubt, hgihly, you pay more in taxes than I make.

libertarian_knight said:
You may wanna check who you are talking to. I'm not a kid. I doubt, hgihly, you pay more in taxes than I make.

I am quite sure I do, but the point was to take your arrogant ass down a peg, and I did that, now take care with the eggs when loading my groceries son.;)

Deegan said:
I am quite sure I do, but the point was to take your arrogant ass down a peg, and I did that, now take care with the eggs when loading my groceries son.;)

I've done the math already, see I'm educated and numerate. I know how much I make. Therefor I can extrapolate what potential income you would need in order that you pay more in taxes than I make. I just don't see it happening.

I can see though, you are too feeble to carry your own bags, which was the whole reason I offered to relieve your burden, which I am glad to see you have graciously accepted. Would you like me to load your walker into the trunk also? Oh no, that would do no good, because you need that to get TO the trunk. I'll just put it in the backseat for you, kay? Have a good day, oh and your meager tip is unecessary, please save it to buy a clue, which is on sale this week located in isle 4.

Last edited:
aps said:
As much as I cannot stand this administration, using a funeral to attack the president was just wholly inappropriate. In fact, it was just downright unacceptable and it showed NO class.

WHICH funeral? :roll:

The Dems seem to be making a habit of it.

Originally posted by easyt65
WHICH funeral?

The Dems seem to be making a habit of it.
It's a different story when he can't filter the guests. Bush deserved every word. I got something else for you too, that's as good as its going to get for you people.

Billo_Really said:
It's a different story when he can't filter the guests. Bush deserved every word. I got something else for you too, that's as good as its going to get for you people.

So you're justifying the discusting act of using an occassion for honoring a deceased person to launch a biased political attack because, in your and the Dem's mind, the President deserved harsh words? A funeral/Eulogy is NOT the place to verbally attack the President, whether he deserves it or not. It is totally the WRONG time/place! It is an insult to the deceased and an insult to the family! It is poor judgement on behalf of ex-leaders of this nation, the type of poor judgement that helped America reject the Democrats in 2000 and 2004. And, just like after the 2004 election, the Dems - instead of seeing their own flaws and errors in judgement, lash out by calling the voters 'Ignorant, Redneck, in-bred bible-thumpers' and justify why they were completely in the right the whole time. You guys never learn!

A FUNERAL is NOT the place for a POLITICAL RALLY! It is not a Political ROAST! Have some freakin' dignity and respect for the deceased and the family!

easyt65 said:
A funeral/Eulogy is NOT the place to verbally attack the President, whether he deserves it or not. It is totally the WRONG time/place!

Why? Because you say so?

easyt65 said:
It is an insult to the deceased and an insult to the family!

I haven't heard the King family say it was an insult. Did they confide in you?

easyt65 said:
A FUNERAL is NOT the place for a POLITICAL RALLY! It is not a Political ROAST! Have some freakin' dignity and respect for the deceased and the family!

Why, because you didn't agree with the content? Weren't the comments an extension of what Dr. and Mrs. King stood for, for their whole life?
Again, I haven't heard any criticism from the King family. :roll:

BWG said:
Why? Because you say so?

I haven't heard the King family say it was an insult. Did they confide in you?

Why, because you didn't agree with the content? Weren't the comments an extension of what Dr. and Mrs. King stood for, for their whole life?
Again, I haven't heard any criticism from the King family. :roll:

Thank you for attempting to justify the actions of the Democratic party turning funerals into self-promoting political rallies, thereby proving my point. How can you argue the point of decency, respect, courtesy, and integrity with someone who doesn't even know what those are?! :roll:

easyt65 said:
Thank you for attempting to justify the actions of the Democratic party turning funerals into self-promoting political rallies, thereby proving my point. How can you argue the point of decency, respect, courtesy, and integrity with someone who doesn't even know what those are?! :roll:

Just to clarify.

Was this a Democratic party function?

I was under the impression that this was the Coretta Scott King funeral at the New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Lithonia, Ga. I have seen nothing that would prevent me from assuming that this funeral was under the direction of her family.

Given the fact that Mrs. King and her husband were political figures, one would assume that other political figures would attend and one would assume that political references would be mentioned during her eulogy.

I'm not trying to argue your point of decency, respect, courtesy, and integrity, but neither should you try to argue others.

You have comments from the King family showing disappointment with the way the services were conducted? ;)

Last edited:
BWG said:
Just to clarify.

Was this a Democratic party function?

I was under the impression that this was the Coretta Scott King funeral at the New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Lithonia, Ga. I have seen nothing that would prevent me from assuming that this funeral was under the direction of her family.

Given the fact that Mrs. King and her husband were political figures, one would assume that other political figures would attend and one would assume that political references would be mentioned during her eulogy.

I'm not trying to argue your point of decency, respect, courtesy, and integrity, but neither should you try to argue others.

You have comments from the King family showing disappointment with the way the services were conducted? ;)

I have yet to hear one thing about Coretta in any of the reports about the funeral, this is the point. This whole political mess has completely overshadowed the womans funeral, and that is a shame.:(

Originally Posted by easyt65
So you're justifying the discusting act of using an occassion for honoring a deceased person to launch a biased political attack because, in your and the Dem's mind, the President deserved harsh words? A funeral/Eulogy is NOT the place to verbally attack the President, whether he deserves it or not. It is totally the WRONG time/place! It is an insult to the deceased and an insult to the family! It is poor judgement on behalf of ex-leaders of this nation, the type of poor judgement that helped America reject the Democrats in 2000 and 2004. And, just like after the 2004 election, the Dems - instead of seeing their own flaws and errors in judgement, lash out by calling the voters 'Ignorant, Redneck, in-bred bible-thumpers' and justify why they were completely in the right the whole time. You guys never learn!

And a Town Hall meeting is not the place for a pep rally.

Originally posted by Navy Pride:
Who said it was?
This isn't fair. I can't get angry at you like I once did. This isn't fair.

Back
Top Bottom