• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A beer with Romney or Obama

Would you rather drink a beer with Obama or Romney?

• Obama

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • Romney

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 17 30.9%

• Total voters
Four years ago, Romney for sure. Today? Definitely Obama. I'd love to pick the brain of a sitting President.

I'd drink a beer with the president but only if he doesn't bring his teleprompter.

I'm sure he's a charismatic guy despite my disagreement with his politics.

Obama. he'd probably be more lively and entertaining.

This is the beer poll.

Would you rather drink a beer with Romney or Obama?

Obama. I wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to find out how far his nerdiness goes.

Why would I care for that? I'm also a Mormon, so I have no use for an extra share of beer.

You could make it a root beer.

and if you do, please ask him why on Earth, with all of the money he has and the things he could do with it he wants to be president of this country.

Obama all the way. Nothing to do with my political preference for him over Romney. I'd take Hilary over Romney too, but I have the feeling she'd be a mean drunk, and even though I'd take anyone over Bush as a politician, I'd happily drink with him.

First of all, Romney doesn't drink, and drinking when your company isn't sucks. Second, Obama has a better sense of humor. Third, if Romney were to give in and drink, it would probably be his first time (or one of his first), and I'd wind up having to haul his drunk ass home because he would probably drastically overestimate his tolerance.

Obama. I'd strap a tape recorder to my chest, get him drunk and ask him lots of questions. You think I'd get in trouble for that? :p

Depends. Some states, including Minnesota, have a "one party" law. As long as one person knows they're being recorded, it's legal.

Last edited:
I'd rather neither. Romney would want champagne and Obama would force me to keep drinking, against my will....and kill me with his powers under the NDAA if I tried to leave

Despite the fact that he's done this type of thing except with dinner, and was happy to do it?

:doh fundraising is something the candidates have to do, Basten. Those tickets for the raffle aren't free ;).

I'd have a beer with Obama and commit polygamy with Romney.

HAHA! It's Funny, Get It??? Because Romney is a Mormon, and his Great-Grandfather was a polygamist, so he has ties to Polygamists!!! :lamo

oooohweeee, too funny :lol:

hey, so anyway, what was the marriage life of Obama's dad like?

Where as Romney just sounds more and more like a pompass twit. "My NASCAR owner buddies this and my car elevators that, oh funny story my grandpa closed 5 factories and moved them to Mexico- the funny part is half the workers went with em, seems they were illegal immigrants!!!! Now that's funny!" :roll:

On subs for hard lemonade, my wife like strongbow and Woodchuck hard apple cider, it is very sweet, a real chick drink.

I voted neither as when I partake of cold tasty adult beverages I prefer the company of people with breasts and easy virtue...

Obama, easily.

I've had enough private dinners with the uber-elite before. Sometimes those events are actually quite insightful and fascinating -- the products of people with sharp minds who genuinely understand the world around them.

Usually they're not.

I find the rich to be (in the majority of my experiences) too uncomfortable having to interact with the peons, and Romney hits every chord of this type of uber-elite I've seen. Trust me on this: if you work for a living, rich or poor, you are alien to him.

I'd have a beer with Obama and commit polygamy with Romney.

What, no one liked that? That was actually kind of funny.

Obama, easily.

I've had enough private dinners with the uber-elite before. Sometimes those events are actually quite insightful and fascinating -- the products of people with sharp minds who genuinely understand the world around them.

Usually they're not.

I find the rich to be (in the majority of my experiences) too uncomfortable having to interact with the peons, and Romney hits every chord of this type of uber-elite I've seen. Trust me on this: if you work for a living, rich or poor, you are alien to him.

He would be the type to complain about 7-11 cookies.

He would be the type to complain about 7-11 cookies.

Yeah, I saw that. The cookie comment didn't mean anything to him. He was just uncomfortable as hell and struggling to find something...anything at all...to discuss with people a gazillion steps down the socioeconomic ladder from him.

'Ya know, the man best qualified to be president shouldn't be the one you would rather have a beer with. He should be the one who would defend the Constitution of the United States. But, unfortunately, many Americans will vote for president in the context of a popularity contest. If they gave enough of a **** to just pull their fat asses off their damn chairs, turn off the damn TV, and learn the issues, we wouldn't keep electing dumbasses every 4 years.

Last edited:
A formal meeting with lots of fruitful discussions and such, Romney
A beer, Obama

Of course, I'm basing this all on their public appearances. I have no idea how they act in their private lives

Obama would be a hell of a lot more fun to drink with. I'd bet he likes craft beer rather than mass produced swill. He's probably a Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA kind of guy. Romney, if he drank, would spend the entire flip flopping over his request. Eventually the bartender would tell him to get the **** out. If Romney drank it would be some kind of gawdawful alcopop like Smirnoff Ice.

Back
Top Bottom