• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

89-year-old wounded wwii vet beaten to death by two black teens

I haven't called you a racist, I'm just wondering what race you think is responsible and how that responsibility is defined.
The black race is not, as a whole, taking a hard look at its youth. What are they doing, why are they a thug generation, why are they having out of wedlock children by the dozens.
And now, beatings, shootings of unarmed white people for little to no reason.
When it was just the white kid on the bus it was "understandable" in a twisted way. But what is going on now?
Why beat a old white man? Why shoot a white kid in the back while he is jogging?
Are you going to tell me these are just random acts of violence that were not triggered by race?

The people trying to turn this into a race issue, are as pathetic as the ones that turned the T/M case into one.

"Well they did it and they're stupid... so I'm going to do the exact same thing to show how clever I am".

The black race is not, as a whole, taking a hard look at its youth. What are they doing, why are they a thug generation, why are they having out of wedlock children by the dozens.
When it was just the white kid on the bus it was "understandable" in a twisted way. But what is going on now?
Why beat a old white man? Why shoot a white kid in the back while he is jogging?
Are you going to tell me these are just random acts of violence that were not triggered by race?

So let me ask, do you believe in collective responsibility for actions taken by other member's of one's race...

If you are constantly told by "black leaders" (via the MSM) that your plight, as a non-white, is the direct result of racism by "the man", that is always defined as rich(er) and white, then that may, indeed, play a part in your victim selection. While robbery was likely the primary motive for this violent attack, I do not doubt that a certain "payback" was also involved - I seriously doubt that the old dude put up such resistance to warrant use of that much force to separate him from his money/possessions.

The same thinking probably played into the OK jogging victim being selected for execution - he was seen as rich and a white man, giving the perps added "street cred" over simply blowing away a person of another economic class, gender or race. One of these morons even bragged that he had beaten 5 (random?) white folks in retaliation for Trayvon's death. Their next intended "victim" was reported to have been black and had something to do with their "gang" aspirations.

My concern is that this focus on race takes away from the focus on the actual violent crime, some try to use race as some bizarre "justification" (mitigating factor?) and others seems to think it is somehow "worse" (aggravating factor?) to be killed by a person of a different race than by a violent criminal of the same race.

Nobody's race is responsible for this.

Riiight!!!! Del Belton beat himself to death at 89 years of age. Two black racist thugs were trying to keep him from self destruction. Is that your analysis?

Just because a crime is committed by black people does not mean it is racially motivated. Nor does it mean that the murder of a black person by whites is racially motivated.

For the Australian murder you might be right that this is racially motivated. But again, that will be proven in a court of law.

And Marley Lion? You do know that there are more than 10,000 homicides in the US. They cannot all be covered like other cases. I wished they could all get a lot of attention but that is impossible. Just because he is white and is killed by a black person does not indicate it is a hate crime, it can be but that is something nobody can decide purely on the color of someones skin.

Some might be based on race and others not. That will have to be determined in a court of law. This attack on this war veteran could be racist, but you cannot claim with zero evidence that something is motivated by race if there is no evidence that suggests or proves that.

Then why is it that Martin/Zimmerman incident was blown out of proportion by race hustlers like Sharpton, Jackson and Obama, while murders like Christian/Newsome, Marley Lion, and a large number of black on white murders are covered up as just murders? Tell me that the death of Antonio Santiago was just a simple murder.

By BEN SHAPIRO
08/22/2013

In Spokane, Washington, on Wednesday night, according to local reports, World War II veteran and Battle of Okinawa survivor Delbert Belton was beaten by two African American teenagers described as between the ages of 16 and 19. Belton passed away Thursday morning of head injuries.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
89-Year-Old Wounded WWII Vet Beaten to Death by Two Black Teens

The NAACP claims it's payback and approves of this?

If you don't post some proof for this egregious lie I will just ignore this comment and move on.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Riiight!!!! Del Belton beat himself to death at 89 years of age. Two black racist thugs were trying to keep him from self destruction. Is that your analysis?

So the fact that they are black is what is to blame?

Just because a crime is committed by black people does not mean it is racially motivated. Nor does it mean that the murder of a black person by whites is racially motivated.

For the Australian murder you might be right that this is racially motivated. But again, that will be proven in a court of law.

And Marley Lion? You do know that there are more than 10,000 homicides in the US. They cannot all be covered like other cases. I wished they could all get a lot of attention but that is impossible. Just because he is white and is killed by a black person does not indicate it is a hate crime, it can be but that is something nobody can decide purely on the color of someones skin.

Some might be based on race and others not. That will have to be determined in a court of law. This attack on this war veteran could be racist, but you cannot claim with zero evidence that something is motivated by race if there is no evidence that suggests or proves that.
So the tweets and face book postings by the OK shooters does not mean race had anything to do with it.
Gotcha. LOL

The people trying to turn this into a race issue, are as pathetic as the ones that turned the T/M case into one.

"Well they did it and they're stupid... so I'm going to do the exact same thing to show how clever I am".

Then it'll be only "leftists" that even see race...

Then why is it that Martin/Zimmerman incident was blown out of proportion by race hustlers like Sharpton, Jackson and Obama, while murders like Christian/Newsome, Marley Lion, and a large number of black on white murders are covered up as just murders? Tell me that the death of Antonio Santiago was just a simple murder.

The death of that innocent baby was not just another murder, but do you doubt for a minute his
murderer will go to prison or not? This isn't even being covered up there is a trial going on now. And what do you know about it that the investigators handling the case don't?

The police chief said attempted robbery charges also were filed but nothing was taken during the killing. It still appears the slaying was random, Brunswick police said.

The few details contained in the indictment seem to back up the story that the slain baby's mother, Sherry West, has repeated to numerous reporters: She was pushing her baby in a stroller when two youths approached asking for money. West says when she refused, the older teen drew a gun and shot her in the leg before shooting her son in the head.

With the suggestion that some of these recent events are actually gang-related, I'm starting to wonder if there's more to them.

Who in the **** beats an elderly person to death? . . . What did he do, confront them? I don't think so. I see NO motivation BUT race here.

Just because I don't view things through a constant racial filter doesn't mean I don't realize it's possible. In this case, it's a strong possibility.

See why race-crime laws are ridiculous? It puts the focus of hte punishment and the motive ON the potential race involvement, rather than the crime itself. Black or white - shouldn't matter when it comes to the eyes of the law.

With the suggestion that some of these recent events are actually gang-related, I'm starting to wonder if there's more to them.

Who in the **** beats an elderly person to death? . . . What did he do, confront them? I don't think so. I see NO motivation BUT race here.

Just because I don't view things through a constant racial filter doesn't mean I don't realize it's possible. In this case, it's a strong possibility.

See why race-crime laws are ridiculous? It puts the focus of hte punishment and the motive ON the potential race involvement, rather than the crime itself. Black or white - shouldn't matter when it comes to the eyes of the law.
The truth is way to inconvienent.
I doubt no matter what evidence that either of these crimes were race sparked, there will ever be a race charge by either the MSM or the real race baiters.

The truth is way to inconvienent.
I doubt no matter what evidence that either of these crimes were race sparked, there will ever be a race charge by either the MSM or the real race baiters.

Honestly, not much is put into proving if something is racially motivated or not - it takes a verbal exchanged or racial slur of that nature at the time or immediately leading up to event.

Whatever - throw the book at them. Evidence or not, in this case, I strongly suspect it's racially motivated. Unless you think "because we were bored/we wanted to" is going to fit here, as well. That's not a motivation, that's just a lame ass pathetic - sick - excuse.

Honestly, not much is put into proving if something is racially motivated or not - it takes a verbal exchanged or racial slur of that nature at the time or immediately leading up to event.

Whatever - throw the book at them. Evidence or not, in this case, I strongly suspect it's racially motivated. Unless you think "because we were bored/we wanted to" is going to fit here, as well. That's not a motivation, that's just a lame ass pathetic - sick - excuse.

It definitely could be. I suspect it was because the target was old and crimes against old people are on the rise because of the lack of resistance they put up. It could be racially motivated too but who knows. Personally, I'd rather no one accuse it of being a racially motivated crime unless there's evidence and like you said throw the book at both of them for brutally killing a helpless old man.

When they find and convict these yahoos their full charges should be read to the general prison population where they are serving their sentence. Okay, not really, but it's a nice fantasy.

EDIT: just have to ask, do we know if the victim had any verbal play with the thugs beforehand? Not a justification at all, but he may have said something to the teens that sparked them off. Heck he was an almost 90 year old white dude from Spokane, not the most racially diverse allowing place in his youth.

Last edited:
I've seen no evidence that this attack or the Oklahoma shooting was based on race. I'd guess that this one was just based on the man being old, as old targets are less likely to fight back effectively. Everything I've seen says the Oklahoma shooting was purposely random. I don't know as much about the other cases, but I've seen no evidence that race was a factor for any of them either.

What about the tweets where the one kid from OK talked about how he hates white people?

So the tweets and face book postings by the OK shooters does not mean race had anything to do with it.
Gotcha. LOL

Hence my comment that the killing of the Australian might well be racially motivated.

The issue is that not all white on black and black on white killing is immediately racially motivated.

What about the tweets where the one kid from OK talked about how he hates white people?

I hadn't seen those last night. It does seem like race was probably a factor in their target selection.

Back
Top Bottom