• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

50 Cent Says "Vote For Trump" In Light Of Biden's Tax Plan: "I'm Out."

ReubenSherr

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Looks like 50 Cent ain't voting for Biden.

"It appears 50 Cent knows who he's voting for.

The 45-year-old hip-hop mogul -- born Curtis James Jackson III -- took to Instagram on Monday to offer his support for President Trump after seeing figures related to former Vice President Joe Biden's proposed tax plan."

I thought righties despised when celebrities announced their political positions. Why the flip-flop, Reuben? Couldn't be because 50 Cent supports trump. No way that's it. ;)

His tax increase is huge - but you know billionaires will be given exemptions in the tax code.

For example, under Biden's plan, people who make over $400,000 a year will continue to pay 6.2% of their income and their employer pay 6.2% of their income for social security.

Do you really believe Jeff Bezos is going to pay 1,300,000,000.00 more just for social security tax, plus a 25% increase in corporate income tax, plus lose all his tax loopholes to pay $7 billion in federal taxes on the over $20 billion he made just this year due to the 24/7 covid-19 bioterrorism campaign his Washington Post promotes?

Isn't going to happen. But middle class taxes will go up.

A lot of rich people like Trump's tax cuts for the rich. Go figure.

A lot of gun owners and anti abortion types are working class, but they're willing to shoulder the tax burden that the rich used to carry in the hopes that Trump will appoint a Supreme Court justice, so they vote for Trump.

The 45-year-old hip-hop mogul -- born Curtis James Jackson III -- took to Instagram on Monday to offer his support for President Trump after seeing figures related to former Vice President Joe Biden's proposed tax plan."

this comes after Ice Cube praised Trump for adopting some of his contract with black America platform positions

His entire argument is that rich people like him will have to pay more in taxes. Why in the hell would that be justification for those not making $400k or more a year to vote for Trump?

His entire argument is that rich people like him will have to pay more in taxes. Why in the hell would that be justification for those not making $400k or more a year to vote for Trump?

because you make the assumption a Biden admin will not raise taxes on people making under 400,000 grand a year, in fact there is no democratic tax increases in history that have been limited only to a small number of people. Remember the income tax was originally a 1 percent tax on the “rich” to pay for the civil war. It worked so well now everyone pays it At rates far higher. Plus democrats just lie about everything to get elected. If you make under 400 grand you will absolutely see a tax increase. What democrat run state has not raised taxes on the middle class?

I thought righties despised when celebrities announced their political positions. Why the flip-flop, Reuben? Couldn't be because 50 Cent supports trump. No way that's it. ;)

Can't miss an opportunity to parade a black man voting right wing.

because you make the assumption a Biden admin will not raise taxes on people making under 400,000 grand a year, in fact there is no democratic tax increases in history that have been limited only to a small number of people. Remember the income tax was originally a 1 percent tax on the “rich” to pay for the civil war. It worked so well now everyone pays it At rates far higher. Plus democrats just lie about everything to get elected. If you make under 400 grand you will absolutely see a tax increase. What democrat run state has not raised taxes on the middle class?
I'm old enough to remember when Obama promised not to raise taxes on those who made less than $250,000 a year. Didn't take long for Democrats in Congress to say "we never promised that" or for Obama to break the promise himself.

So a guy who makes music about being a selfish greedy person turned out to be a selfish greedy person.

I totally understand why the rich are standing with Trump.

The free ride's over with bitches. LOL!

So a guy who makes music about being a selfish greedy person turned out to be a selfish greedy person.
Him not wanting to give more of his money to you makes him selfish and greedy, does it?

Him not wanting to give more of his money to you makes him selfish and greedy, does it?
Him benefitting from society but not wanting to contribute to society does indeed make him selfish and greedy

Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

super rich complaining about taxes, tell ya' what, I'll exchange places with any of them and be happy to pay the taxes and they in turn can have all of what I own.

fiddy cent has always been a republican. He loved bush. He also liked hillary more than obama. Plus he is a fake gangsta. He claims to be shot 9 times and live in the "hood." Both are false.

59 cent is out!!!!!

Well that changes everything!!!!!!! Lol

Poor and middle class conservatives fighting for a rich (so he says) Yankee and a rich rapper.

Never thought I'd see the day.

OMG.... Lies suddenly bother this guy? ^^^^^

Such a dilemma. Believe the financial gurus or some unknown poster here at Debate Politics?cable guy1.jpg

I don't know where to begin.

Him benefitting from society but not wanting to contribute to society does indeed make him selfish and greedy
Where did he say he didn't want to contribute? If I want to double your taxes so I can pay less, do I get to say that you don't want to benefit society if you protest?

Where did he say he didn't want to contribute? If I want to double your taxes so I can pay less, do I get to say that you don't want to benefit society if you protest?
His actions show he doesn't want to contribute and you should believe someone's actions over what they say.

Taxes for the most wealthy should have never gotten this low in the first place, so this is just getting back to normal. We have a big problem with too few people owning too much wealth right now.

His actions show he doesn't want to contribute and you should believe someone's actions over what they say.

Taxes for the most wealthy should have never gotten this low in the first place, so this is just getting back to normal. We have a big problem with too few people owning too much wealth right now.
I actually agree with you, however taxation policy is not the reason that too few people on too much wealth. The reason for that is the failure of enforcement of anti-trust laws. I mean Donald Trump has tried to enforce the anti-trust laws against Jeff Bezos and he was rebuffed by the courts. We need to start seriously breaking up industries in this country.

Taxation has nothing to do with it. Really really rich people will just pay the taxes or structure their wealth in such a way that they don’t have to pay them. And the burden of higher tax rates will fall on the middle wealthy people who have the ability to start up businesses to compete

Back
Top Bottom