• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

5 Bicyclists Killed in Michigan After Pickup Truck Crashes Into Them

In Texas, where I live, if you leave people dying when you flee the scene, you go to prison for a very long time.

Some people go into shock in a traumatic situation. It depends on the circumstances.

Bicycles are vehicles and are bound by the rules of the road just like any other vehicle.

Yes & No -in specific areas bikes are prohibited, as I mentioned earlier
In the link you provided they can move above the 5 MPH limit.

I agree, but we still don't really know who's at fault here. The hand wringers automatically want to blame the driver, but we don't know.

Well it was reported that prior to the accident, the truck had been reported to the police a few times for erratic driving. So it seems like it's not looking too good for the ol' Crash and Run dude.

I agree, but we still don't really know who's at fault here. The hand wringers automatically want to blame the driver, but we don't know.

He certainly didn't help his case.

Some people go into shock in a traumatic situation. It depends on the circumstances.

That's no excuse. We are responsible, under the law, for our own actions.

NOTE: I can't believe the number of people who are actually defending this douche bag.

Nah.

There is nothing like a good old fashion witch hunt to bring the good people together.

Witch hunt? Are you saying he didn't run over those people?

"You're". Hard to take anyone seriously that doesn't know the difference.

We get it. You got beat up a lot in high school and a handsome soldier took the only woman you loved.

Move on

Saw that on the national news this morning. What a horrific awful thing.

Charges haven't been filed yet. They better be forthcoming - and big. If he had a heart attack behind the wheel and this was a terrible, tragic accident, I would understand and feel awful for him. But he fled the scene. How the hell could he do that? That alone shows he was in control. I would charge him with some semblance of murder or manslaughter.

Those poor people.

The Afluenza Kid got probation for DUI manslaughter (or whatever the charge was). Hopefully Michigan can show the ******s in Texas how sentencing is done.

We get it. You got beat up a lot in high school and a handsome soldier took the only woman you loved.

Move on

Thanks for playing "Really Bad Analogy"

So being unfortunate enough to be in an accident is the same as leaving the scene of a fatality and failing to report it or call for help. Wow.

The Afluenza Kid got probation for DUI manslaughter (or whatever the charge was). Hopefully Michigan can show the ******s in Texas how sentencing is done.

Yea because Michigan makes all the right decision.

#Detroit

Witch hunt? Are you saying he didn't run over those people?

No but I don't assume to know the details of the cause of the accident. I will pass judgement after I get the facts. Otherwise it is a witch hunt by prejudice people assuming this person has done wrong without any facts. Most likely he is in the wrong but until the facts are released as far as I am concerned it is a witch hunt.

So being unfortunate enough to be in an accident is the same as leaving the scene of a fatality and failing to report it or call for help. Wow.

No Laura didn't run. But it's pretty clear something doesn't add up in her case.

Back
Top Bottom