• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2020 presidential poll

If the 2020 election were today, who will you vote for?

• Trump

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Generic Democrat

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Third party

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters
Dont even know if Trump will make it to 2020. Imagine if we started all over with new candidates on both sides? Would your choice in the poll change? Say if it were a generic democrat vs Jeff Flake? Or Ben Sasse?

Only time will tell for sure, but Trump seems to be making something that could be great into something mediocre. His “I’m the TARIFF MAN” tweet hurt a lot of people on Wall Street and across America.

And I say nonsense. If a single tweet can hurt ANYBODY, everybody really REALLY needs to chill a whole bunch.

I bet the Democratic Party wishes they could put "generic Democrat" on the ballot rather than one of their losers.

i bet Trump wishes he was never elected president

i will be surprised if he makes it to the end of his term

and i will be very suprised if he runs for another term

Who ever the Democrat is except Hillary Clinton. Clinton has to much baggage and establishment ideas. Time for someone with pizzazz and charisma.

whoever is the nominee for the Democrats, even if it's *gag* Hillary Clinton. I won't be voting for the GOP for a while after the Trump fiasco. That political party needs to be torched completely, and rebuilt from scratch.

And I say nonsense. If a single tweet can hurt ANYBODY, everybody really REALLY needs to chill a whole bunch.
Turns out the President of the United States has a significant amount of influence over things and when he randomly lashes out like a toddler people get on edge.

Who ever the Democrat is except Hillary Clinton. Clinton has to much baggage and establishment ideas. Time for someone with pizzazz and charisma.

bullcrap. if it were trump vs hillary again youd line up for weeks before the election to vote for your queen

Aren't we a little premature? As of now I don't have any idea who is running.

On the Republican side, we already know who's running--the incumbant. On the Democratic side, there's a good chance that Clinton will elect to humilate herself once again, and Sanders is being pretty coy when it comes to questions about whether he's going to run, which basically means that he's probably going to run, and a couple of progressives, including Richard Ojeda, have already announced their intent to run.

There are definetely unknown factors, and nothing is set-in-stone. I can't say, with any certainty, as to whether or not Beto O'Rourke will run, but it certainly seems like Democratic leadership wants him to run. I really hope that's not the case, because I think he has a much better chance of winning the primary than anyone else the Dem establishment might try to float and he is very weak on progressive stances like Med4All.

I like Ojeda much more than O'Rourke, but wasn't pleased to find out that he's running for president, potentially splitting the anti-establishment vote, but if he makes it to the debates, it should at least prove to be interesting. He's quite . . . animated. At least I won't be bored.

Never too early to speculate about presidential elections in America.

Who you got?

I usually don't vote for democrat presidents but I am in this years mid term and the next presidential election. Trumpism has to be defeated and defeated in its entirety. I will vote for literally anyone who makes the ballot and has the best shot at getting him out of office. I will also vote to put in as many dems into the house and senate as possible until the bull**** Trump put into place has been repealed.

bullcrap. if it were trump vs hillary again youd line up for weeks before the election to vote for your queen

This user has been here for a matter of weeks, and you're already assuming things about their voting habits? Is this based on things the user has said in another thread, or are you just making a guess?

I think Not-Trump will be a stronger candidate than Not-Hillary was.

My faith springs eternal that there's a Republican who is not Trump. I REALLY hope that he doesn't stand for re-election and that his standing down is done as low key as possible.

I feel pretty confident Hillary won't run again. I would vote for anyone against your king.

I'm an ex paratroop, MSc, PhDc, lived in Europe, lived in Africa.

Good for you. Why the **** does that have to do with anything?

How's mom's basement doing? Stupid betas always try to talk ****.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking **** because I'm absolutely stunned. From previous interactions, I've gotten the distinct feeling that when it comes to social issues, you and MrWonka are on the opposite end of the left side of the spectrum from myself. Though, perhaps that's not a fair assessment, given how sparse those interactions have been. You weren't someone that I was expecting to have voted Republican, let alone the guy who exploited one of the nation's worst tragedies to push for two unnecessary, long, and bloody wars, torture, the Patriot Act, and presided over the worst economic crisis in decades.

From where I'm standing, I feel like I'm looking at the worst of both worlds.

So bassically, you're an SJW who twice-voted for easily one of the worst modern presidents.

The worst modern president thus far; bad as Trump is, he has yet to surpass Bush in terms of adverse impact.

On the Republican side, we already know who's running--the incumbant. On the Democratic side, there's a good chance that Clinton will elect to humilate herself once again, and Sanders is being pretty coy when it comes to questions about whether he's going to run, which basically means that he's probably going to run, and a couple of progressives, including Richard Ojeda, have already announced their intent to run.

There are definetely unknown factors, and nothing is set-in-stone. I can't say, with any certainty, as to whether or not Beto O'Rourke will run, but it certainly seems like Democratic leadership wants him to run. I really hope that's not the case, because I think he has a much better chance of winning the primary than anyone else the Dem establishment might try to float and he is very weak on progressive stances like Med4All.

I like Ojeda much more than O'Rourke, but wasn't pleased to find out that he's running for president, potentially splitting the anti-establishment vote, but if he makes it to the debates, it should at least prove to be interesting. He's quite . . . animated. At least I won't be bored.

Beto is essentially white Obama; the exact same sort of pseudo progressive clothed in flowery rhetoric and topical positions of convenience which conceals (and not particularly well) largely establishment views; the evidence is pretty abound if you look for it at all between his voting record, recent stances, and perhaps most alarmingly, the establishment's overwhelming support for the guy.

If we're going to go with a southerner, Ojeda all the way. I don't agree with him on everything, but I agree with him on enough, and I know where he actually stands without having to research the guy.

I'm not so sure that Trump will get through the Primary. Mueller is a life-long Republican, and I think his most damaging anti-Trump evidence will be released during the Primary. I think Trump is out the door.

I'm not so sure that Trump will get through the Primary. Mueller is a life-long Republican, and I think his most damaging anti-Trump evidence will be released during the Primary. I think Trump is out the door.

I'm probably the only liberal in the country that wants to see Trump make it to the general election. I want to see Bernie Sanders Vs Donald Trump.

If he makes it to the primary, however, that should alleviate the concerns I have with impeachment. If he leaves office through resignation or being forced out, then that's going to open up an opportunity for his supporters to deny the consequences/results of this administration.

Keep calling people SJWs and ****ting on their opinion and expecting a reaction other than '**** off'.

Some opinions are worth being **** on, at every given opportunity.

Beto is essentially white Obama; the exact same sort of pseudo progressive clothed in flowery rhetoric and topical positions of convenience which conceals (and not particularly well) largely establishment views; the evidence is pretty abound if you look for it at all between his voting record, recent stances, and perhaps most alarmingly, the establishment's overwhelming support for the guy.

If we're going to go with a southerner, Ojeda all the way. I don't agree with him on everything, but I agree with him on enough, and I know where he actually stands without having to research the guy.

I think Beto's one saving grace is that he didn't take pac-money, which leads me to believe that he actually buys into a centrist mentality. If I had to pick between him and a bunch of other establishment assholes, I'd go with him, but between him and Sanders-style progressives? No contest. I'll support him for a Texas election all day long, but I'm not interested in his bid for the presidency.

Ojeda is my second-favorite to win, but I would actually prefer that only one progressive be running in this race. I see this going badly for us if we end up with three progressives and a Hillary Clinton or Obama clone running as the single candidate representing establishment. Furthermore, there's a lot to be said of the popularity and name-recognition that Sanders built up in the last election. Ojeda would be spending most of the primary just trying to make himself known.

Now if he to run, throw himself into the circus-ring and then quickly start supporting Sanders? (assuming that Sanders proves to be the strongest of the progressive candidates) I would think that Ojeda would add some much-needed feisty-ness into the mix. He doesn't play as nice as Sanders does, and I like that about him.

The worst modern president thus far; bad as Trump is, he has yet to surpass Bush in terms of adverse impact.

I'm not going to argue, but truth be told, I felt that I needed to take the time to double-check if I'm forgetting anyone, or neglecting some other policy-position that's on par with the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and was simply too lazy to do that. 'One of' was simply me taking the easy way out. ><

Last edited:
I'm probably the only liberal in the country that wants to see Trump make it to the general election. I want to see Bernie Sanders Vs Donald Trump.

If he makes it to the primary, however, that should alleviate the concerns I have with impeachment. If he leaves office through resignation or being forced out, then that's going to open up an opportunity for his supporters to deny the consequences/results of this administration.

I agree. Unfortunately that's the way Politics works. Look at the mess Obama inherited. In 2008, one of my best friends was a Conservative, and we both agreed, whoever won, McCain or Obama, would have a long 4 years of cleaning up the mess. Today, he points to the debt that Obama accumulated. So typical, even though Obama reduced the deficit almost every year he was president.

Back
Top Bottom