• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

2016 Democratic National Convention

Politics is the art of dealing. If you keep thinking in such asinine black and white views then everyone will always be a sellout to you.

Some of us have trouble being spineless.

And your attitude reminds one of the guy who gets a free pizza with enough hair on it to make a wig. But he's so focused on the fact that it's free, he don't even notice the hair and swallows it in one bite.

The DNC? Hair Pizza Supreme.

That makes no sense.

Why would that be the case?

I'm assuming that you're not asking why negotiation should take place, but why Bernie supporters will be doing the negotiating. Bernie and Hillary supporters agree on many things, but they disagree on some points. With legislative elections taking place in many states this year, I can't say for sure that this rift between establishment politics and other politics will end, and I think it won't. There are a lot of reasons why you might encounter "oddballs" over the course of the next four years. I think that the main talking point of dissenters at the convention is that the establishment has failed and that some politicians are willing to put special interest aside in order to better serve the people of their states and the US.

Bill: "I ain't seen her naked in 20 years, but if it gets me back in the White House, I'll fake it!"

Sanders protesters and BLM have paired up outside of the arena.

Could get nasty.

Well a "fight song," that has the energy of a car commercial song does fit well for Hillary, I'll give them that so far.

Only seen Bill's speech, was eh on watching any of it after how tiring watching 7+ hours last night got. Anyways, enjoyed his speech, saw Lena Dunham spoke earlier so really really glad I missed that. Streep's hasn't been bad so far, bit heavy on the women card but think that is alright considering the setting/event.

I'm assuming that you're not asking why negotiation should take place, but why Bernie supporters will be doing the negotiating. Bernie and Hillary supporters agree on many things, but they disagree on some points. With legislative elections taking place in many states this year, I can't say for sure that this rift between establishment politics and other politics will end, and I think it won't. There are a lot of reasons why you might encounter "oddballs" over the course of the next four years. I think that the main talking point of dissenters at the convention is that the establishment has failed and that some politicians are willing to put special interest aside in order to better serve the people of their states and the US.

The people that I have seen that fit the description of the die hard never give up Bernie folks are NOT office holders and legislators.

He hasn't sold out. He's working to change from within. He's worked over the entire Democratic platform and is now working on rearranging the Democratic primary process. Just because he's not in the news every day anymore doesn't mean he's not working and is sold out.

1. Change from within. Hillary Appointed DWS to be an "honorary chair" of her campaign. Hillary Chose Tim Caine as her VP. Hillary is making sure that her potential WH staff are all going to be Hillary insiders and supporters.

2. The re-arranging of the primary process. He agreed to have a committee to set up a committee to eventually discuss something about how the primary process will maybe eventually get changed. Do you see how that's circumlocution for nothing's going to change and it's a stalling tactic?

3. The platform can be and has been ignored in the past and it can be and will be ignored in the future.

Bernie lost and he lost hard. Not only that but he got hoodwinked and made himself look pathetic in the process by more of Hillary's obviously empty promises.

What I have seen in the first two nights is the plan to pander for the black vote.
They better get busy, only two nights left and a whole lot of "other people" to cover. Hey Hillary, yoo hoo, remember us, hello.... hello.... anyone listening?

It was clear last night that Bill Clinton's lone legacy can be summed up by one word: Monica.

There he was, a pathologically lying serial philanderer trying to speak to the character of his serial and corrupt lying "wife", as if the next season of House of Cards had just been released.

There's no magic left in Bill. Most voters couldn't care less about him, and know little of him other than his scandalous fetish for gullible women. The sea of empty seats said as much, and the lack of response and idle chatter in the background showed how far his star has fallen.

Combine that with being lectured by the moms of thugs and a tipsy mess from Meryl Streep, and the night was a colossal waste of time.

Especially with Bernie supporters walking out and conducting protests against Hillary in the streets. Her sudden switch on TPP will no doubt irk them even more.

Obama will do his best to salvage this tonight, but in the end, Hillary will be left to speak, and that shrilling lack of charisma will crash in the background of deleted emails, ongoing FBI investigations, husband issues and enabling, Benghazi, Assange, and whatever catastrophic news lies ahead for her.

This is what a deal with the devil looks like.

1. Change from within. Hillary Appointed DWS to be an "honorary chair" of her campaign. Hillary Chose Tim Caine as her VP. Hillary is making sure that her potential WH staff are all going to be Hillary insiders and supporters.

"honorary chair" is a meaningless and pointless appiontment. It's a nonexistent position. She's just trying to put a bandage on the nasty ego bruise DWS got in her ass-whooping step-down from chair of the DNC. The appointment means nothing because its not a real position.

2. The re-arranging of the primary process. He agreed to have a committee to set up a committee to eventually discuss something about how the primary process will maybe eventually get changed. Do you see how that's circumlocution for nothing's going to change and it's a stalling tactic?

3. The platform can be and has been ignored in the past and it can be and will be ignored in the future.

Bernie lost and he lost hard. Not only that but he got hoodwinked and made himself look pathetic in the process by more of Hillary's obviously empty promises.

Disagree. But we'll see. Both of us are only speculating at this poing... nothing more.

And some of us have trouble being brainless.

I can't help you with that unfortunately.

I cannot support a candidate who on one hand says they disagree with the policies of an opponent and then after getting beat says well now I support such behavior. I am sorry that is 2 faced and clearly a person who really doesn't stand up for what they believe in. That is the major problem with politicians today. They either don't believe in what the say and/or are not willing to stand up for what they believe. They are spineless and 2 faced. Sorry but the shoe fits.

I can't help you with that unfortunately.

I cannot support a candidate who on one hand says they disagree with the policies of an opponent and then after getting beat says well now I support such behavior. I am sorry that is 2 faced and clearly a person who really doesn't stand up for what they believe in. That is the major problem with politicians today. They either don't believe in what the say and/or are not willing to stand up for what they believe. They are spineless and 2 faced. Sorry but the shoe fits.

It's not like I was thinking I could or even trying to sell you on voting for anything that isn't rabid right-wing pol so whatever point you are trying to make here is rather moot when it comes to Bernie Sanders.

Trump demonstrating his Wharton Education.

TrumpTweet1 (2).jpg

It's not like I was thinking I could or even trying to sell you on voting for anything that isn't rabid right-wing pol so whatever point you are trying to make here is rather moot when it comes to Bernie Sanders.

So standing up for what you believe in is rabbit right wing? I guess that means the left does not believe in standing up for what they believe?

It is not just Bernie but anyone. I think he should have made it clear he doesn't support Trump either but don't throw away everything you fought for and back someone you clearly don't believe would make a good president. We all have our values and standing up for what you believe is one of mine.

What I have seen in the first two nights is the plan to pander for the black vote.
They better get busy, only two nights left and a whole lot of "other people" to cover. Hey Hillary, yoo hoo, remember us, hello.... hello.... anyone listening?

I will be voting for the best person. I try not to let party, race, or gender determine who I vote for.:thumbs:

I hate her pick for veep. That kind of pissed me off. But the truth is, I didn't want her to pick Warren to that useless position. I want Warren as AG.

Bernie has done so much for the party and thanks to his working hard on the Democratic platform making it the most progressive in Democratic party history and also thanks to the wikileak emails of the DNC... Bernie may very well just have finally killed the remnants of that Goddamn DLC wing of the Democratic Party. All's it takes to pretty much finish it off at this point is for Debbie Wasserman Schultz to lose her primary and for Donna Brazille to also step down from the Democratic National Committee and into political oblivion where she belongs.

Bernie is going to get a HUGE say in who next takes over as head of the DNC. I like what he's done for the party. He's definitely changing it from within.

What exactly is wrong with you people, this is your party!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2QOwAJ2ez6U

Biden's speech was pretty good.

an interesting thing I heard today from a local talk show host in Cincinnati. the mothers who whined about their "children" being killed by cops: not one of them had the same last name as the child of theirs who was shot or killed

I wonder is that has some relationship to what ultimately happened to their dead offspring?

scheduled to speak are Gwen Carr, the mother of Garner, who was killed in an illegal police chokehold on Staten Island; Sybrina Fulton, the mother of Trayvon Martin, the Florida teenager shot dead by a self-appointed neighborhood watchman; Geneva Reed-Veal, the mother of Sandra Bland, who found hanged in a Texas jail cell after she was arrested during a traffic stop; and Lezley McSpadden, the mother of Michael Brown, whose shooting death at the hands of Ferguson, Mo., police in 2014 set off riots across the nation.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/moms-blacks-killed-cops-speak-dnc-article-1.2724383

Back
Top Bottom