• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2010-2011 NHL Thread

That sucked.

I know, but on the other hand, I got to get to sleep soon, so it's good.

By the way, is it just me, or is putting Chara in front of the net on power plays really ****ing stupid?

By the way, is it just me, or is putting Chara in front of the net on power plays really ****ing stupid?

He's not Big Buff that's for sure.

He's not Big Buff that's for sure.

Big is not a particularly important issue for being in front of the net. Best at it is Holstrom, who is only 6 foot(barely). Being strong, able and willing to take the pounding, and knowing when to deflect, when to get out of the way, that is important. Chara's strength is that he has a great point shot and long reach for keep ins. Putting him in front of the net takes those strengths away, and puts him in a position where he is not strong.

Big is not a particularly important issue for being in front of the net. Best at it is Holstrom, who is only 6 foot(barely). Being strong, able and willing to take the pounding, and knowing when to deflect, when to get out of the way, that is important. Chara's strength is that he has a great point shot and long reach for keep ins. Putting him in front of the net takes those strengths away, and puts him in a position where he is not strong.

And Big Buff possess all of those qualities.

And Big Buff possess all of those qualities.

Winnipeg will appreciate them.

Sorry, that was mean.

I do hope he gets moved back to forward though, he is a better fit as a forward, and the team needs better defense.

It's hard to find anything that's smart when it comes to the Bruins' mixing with a PP.

On a side note, Kaberle finally started stepping up for the Bruins last few games - maybe he's started clicking?

On the game: True, honest goaltending match. I wasn't impressed with either team first two periods to be honest, but the Canucks were better last period. I'm rooting for Boston, though.

Winnipeg will appreciate them.

Sorry, that was mean.

I do hope he gets moved back to forward though, he is a better fit as a forward, and the team needs better defense.

This ****ing blows.

Actually!

To be more specific, we don't have socialized medicine, let's say for example you're a foreigner in England visitinh and you get hurt or sick, theres a good chance you can get your hospital/doctors visit for free.

Canada doesnt have a national health service, it has independent provincial socialized health insurance... So for example, I just moved from ontario to alberta, and now i have to sign up to albertas health plan... Every province has different policies, for example in BC you have to pay 56 dollars a month to use it, whereas here you don't, but for example, here doesn't have provincial GST :mrgreen:

Socialized medicine!

Conservatives these days :2razz:

We used to have a Alberta Health Care bill presented to every Albertan, although if you were of a low enough income, you could be excused from paying it ( less then $20 000 or so per year

Which part of Alberta are you in

Very happy about getting Tim Erixon! Hopefully he's got the same defensive manner and vision as his father (and from the videos I've seen, he does).

****ing defense fell apart with 14 seconds left. this brought to you by a pissed and drunk adam.

and i do feel really bad about the atlanta team. fans like you should never have to face a loss like that.

Don Cherry made a point on Hockey Night in Canada just how stupid this is, and pretty much noted everything you have written here.

Last edited:
Don Cherry made a point on Hockey Night in Canada just how stupid this is, and pretty much noted everything you have written here.

That was a cruel thing to do. I am not like Don Cherry.

Ouch, why would you insult Redress like that?

That was a cruel thing to do. I am not like Don Cherry.

Say anything you want about Don Cherry... with exception to the fact that he doesn't know hockey. Few know the game better than he.

Say anything you want about Don Cherry... with exception to the fact that he doesn't know hockey. Few know the game better than he.

Yes, but he messes up the automatic color control on my TV every time he comes on with one of his suits.

Yeah, but the colors schemes are powerless against me.

d_cherry_techno_suit.jpg

Back
Top Bottom