• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

10-1 odds that the mine explosion is Bush's fault by the end of the week.

Middleground said:
Traj, I'm completely flabbergasted by this silly thread. I know that you are extremely partisan but I had no idea you were so separated from reality that you actually believe what you're writing. You remind me of a little kid who refuses to hear something by blocking his ears while singing "LA, LA, LA, LA."

Now whether or not Bush will be blamed for this incident is yet to be seen. And if it does happen, well I personally think it would be a stretch. That said, You have NOT come forth with anything even close to proving your skewed logic.

First off, do you know the difference between a fact and opinion? Based-on your posts in this thread, I think not. So let me give you a bit of education here. A fact is a fact... it's something that has happened. For instance, in the nursery rhyme "Jack and Jill," both Jack and Jill came tumbling down the hill. I think there's no disputing that because it goes "Jack and Jill came tumbling down the hill." Pretty simple, eh? So whether it's Limbaugh or Moore who says that both Jack and Jill came tumbling down the hill, it's a proven fact. Now here's where it's gets more complicated. Moore says that both Jack and Jill fell down the hill because they were so hungry because of Bush's cutbacks to the poor, that they couldn't stand on their feet and that's why they tumbled. Limbaugh says that both Jack and Jill fell down the hill because Clinton was chasing after them to get a blowjob and they tumbled. Now because the nursery rhyme does not contain that specific information -- let alone the mention of both Bush and Clinton -- it would be considered speculation on both Limbaugh and Moore's part, no? And of course, speculation is not fact, but more of an opinion. Perhaps one of them is right, or both are wrong, but because it is not yet proven, then it's purely an opinion.

So now, let get to the articles that you posted. I'll just run-through the text that you bolded.

The President did not nominate a replacement for Mr. Lauriski until September 2005.

So, my dear Traj, please answer the following:

1) Is it fact or opinion that The President did not nominate a replacement for Mr. Lauriski until September 2005?

hint: http://www.utahmining.org/04nov.htm (under SAFETY & HEALTH)

http://www.msha.gov/asinfo.htm

2) Is it fact or opinion that 17 standards to improve safety and health for miners have been withdrawn since President Bush took office?

hint: http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache...+health+for+miners+have+been+withdrawn+&hl=en
(page 12, second paragraph)

(gold stars for every correct answer!)

First you say that this is a stupid thread because the Democrats would not blame Bush for the tragedy of the mine explosion then you go on to list all the reasons the Democrats have made as to why the mine tragedy was Bush's fault.

Your logic is astounding.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
First you say that this is a stupid thread because the Democrats would not blame Bush for the tragedy of the mine explosion then you go on to list all the reasons the Democrats have made as to why the mine tragedy was Bush's fault.

Your logic is astounding.

Sigh. :roll:

Did you not read my post? How come you didn't answer my questions? After all I went through to try to explain the difference between fact and opinion, all you do is :spin: it back to me? Is that what one does when their back is against the wall?

Sorry, Traj, you're dead wrong here. And I don't blame Bush because of that. It's your own personal twisted, skewed, closed-minded and partisan thinking. From what you've written here, the above would be considered as fact, not opinion.

No fault but your own. So go on now and assume the hands on ears position and start singing.

Middleground said:

Did you not read my post? How come you didn't answer my questions? After all I went through to try to explain the difference between fact and opinion, all you do is :spin: it back to me? Is that what one does when their back is against the wall?

Sorry, Traj, you're dead wrong here. And I don't blame Bush because of that. It's your own personal twisted, skewed, closed-minded and partisan thinking. From what you've written here, the above would be considered as fact, not opinion.

No fault but your own. So go on now and assume the hands on ears position and start singing.

Because I knew all along that the Democrats would be angling to blame this accidental tragedy on Bush that's there strategy and that's the whole point of this thread to prove how laughable this is just as it was with Katrina. I'm not going to try to defend against yet another Democratic smear campaign intended to use a national tragedy for partisan political fodder against the president. You people denied that the Democrats would use this tragedy to attack the President when I first started this thread on Monday, it didn't even take a week, the bodies aren't even in the ground yet and already the Democrats have turned a national tragedy into a partisan issue. Gimme a ****ing break anybody with a shread of intelligence can see what the Democrats are trying to do here and it's shameful!

Middleground said:

Well said! Annoying isn't it? I think that's the pont here, to enflame people who disagree with his opinion. This thread is Trolling 101 and the Mods should close it or move it to the basement.

The Democrats don't give a damn about the miners or their families or mine safety in general for that matter all they do care about is power and how they can regain it!

This is how this bullshit went down:

Howard Dean: "Hay did you guys hear about this mine disaster."

DNC members: "Ya isn't it great? 12 dead and 1 in critical condition, I wonder how we can pin this on Bush."

Howard Dean: "I'm not sure yet start digging for dirt I'm sure that we'll find something and our dupes in the media will spin it whatever way we tell them to."

DNC members: "Hell ya we're all over it and don't you worry sir you can count on us sir, fu*k Bush let's crucify the ****er and parade down the street with his head on a stick! And if anybody gets in our way well then fu*k them too they'll rue the day that they ever dared to question what we said simply because we said it!"

Last edited:
26 X World Champs said:
Well said! Annoying isn't it? I think that's the pont here, to enflame people who disagree with his opinion. This thread is Trolling 101 and the Mods should close it or move it to the basement.

How is it trolling I made a prediction on Monday that the Democrats would be angling to blame the mine tragedy on Bush and then the Democrats infact blamed the tragedy on Bush so wtf is your problem exactly? That I was right?

How is it trolling I made a prediction on Monday that the Democrats would be angling to blame the mine tragedy on Bush and then the Democrats infact blamed the tragedy on Bush so wtf is your problem exactly? That I was right?
You've proven nothing other than this thread is worthless. Read your last post! You make up $hit and want others who don't know you well enough to believe the bullshit that post contains.

I think it's pathetic to believe that Americans of either party would post bullshit like this as if it is fact:
DNC members: "Ya isn't it great? 12 dead and 1 in critical condition, I wonder how we can pin this on Bush."
That particular post of yours is certifiable proof that this thread is from Troll University and this thread is Intro To Pathetic Trolling.

I for one will officially request that this thread be closed by the MODS and use your first post and your last post as proof that your one and only reason for this thread is to make up lies against people who are smart enough to disagree with you.

26 X World Champs said:
You've proven nothing other than this thread is worthless. Read your last post! You make up $hit and want others who don't know you well enough to believe the bullshit that post contains.

I think it's pathetic to believe that Americans of either party would post bullshit like this as if it is fact:

That particular post of yours is certifiable proof that this thread is from Troll University and this thread is Intro To Pathetic Trolling.

I for one will officially request that this thread be closed by the MODS and use your first post and your last post as proof that your one and only reason for this thread is to make up lies against people who are smart enough to disagree with you.

LMFAO so it's a bad thing to call the Democrats on them using a national tragedy as political fodder against the president, but it's just fine and dandy if the Democrats use the national tragedy as political fodder against the president,

I love that logic.

And you go right ahead and do what you got to do because my prediction was correct and if this thread which is in fact factual is closed I'm outta here:

My First post on this thread said:
Since we all know that anything and everything that goes wrong in this country (or the world for that matter, tsunami anyone?) is Bush's fault, I'm willing to bet that the liberal media spin pins this one on Bush by the end of the week, any takers?

Subsequent post by me said:
You mark my words this will be Bush's fault somehow by the end of the week guaranteed, just like Katrina and the tsunami, they will find a way and you can take that to the bank, I guarantee Dean's got a memo already in circulation to all members of the DNC to figure out the best way to pin this on Bush, this is politics there's no such thing as paranoia.

Proof that my prediction was correct said:
This is how the article begins:

Lawmakers Call For Immediate Congressional Hearings into Mine Safety to Help Prevent Another Tragedy

Say Congress Has Abdicated its Oversight Responsibilities on Worker Safety Issues, While Bush Administration has Filled Worker Safety Agencies with Industry Insiders
Wednesday, January 04, 2006

WASHINGTON, DC -- In response to the devastating mine incident in West Virginia that has killed 12 mine workers and injured one other, Representatives George Miller (D-CA) and Major Owens (D-NY) today called for immediate Congressional hearings into mine safety. Miller said the hearings are critical to getting Congress the information it needs to determine what went wrong in West Virginia and to act to prevent another tragedy.

This is where they blame Bush:

Since Mr. Lauriski resigned his position in November 2004, the agency has been operating under an acting administrator. The President did not nominate a replacement for Mr. Lauriski until September 2005. That replacement has yet to take his seat.

With mining company officials at the helm of MSHA, the agency’s focus has clearly shifted away from protecting miners. A 2005 report by the AFL-CIO found that “at MSHA, 17 standards to improve safety and health for miners have been withdrawn since President Bush took office, including the Air Quality, Chemical Substances and Respiratory standards…For the most part at MSHA, those standards that have been proposed during the Bush Administration favor industry by moving to roll back existing protections. There are no pending standards to protect miners from hazards on their job.”

http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/ed31_democrats/rel1406.html

You want my thread closed because it proves how low the Democrats will go to regain their power.

Last edited:
26 X World Champs said:

Champ, it's utterly amazing and sad to me that someone that cannot discern fact from opinion has the right to cast a ballot.

Fortunately, Traj does have one thing going for him. He's still young and impressionable so maybe with maturity he'll learn to think with openess. That said, I'd only give him 10-1 odds. ;) (Of course, this is strictly an opinion)

Thank goodness there are many on this board -- from both sides -- that can debate with logic and reason. You're right, Champ... we're wasting our time here.

Middleground said:
Champ, it's utterly amazing and sad to me that someone that cannot discern fact from opinion has the right to cast a ballot.

Fortunately, Traj does have one thing going for him. He's still young and impressionable so maybe with maturity he'll learn to think with openess. That said, I'd only give him 10-1 odds. ;) (Of course, this is strictly an opinion)

Thank goodness there are many on this board -- from both sides -- that can debate with logic and reason. You're right, Champ... we're wasting our time here.

What you call fact I call politically biased spin shown in such a light as to prove a falsehood,

sh!t give me a bunch of facts and enough time and I'll prove that the world is dominated by the Illuminati.

It's called connecting the non-existent dots.

hipsterdufus said:
Look, there were over 200 safety violations at this mine. This is a bi-partisan issue about the safety of Americans, and the gutting of the regulatory power of the government - not just for mine safety, but EPA, OSHA, FDA and all of the other programs that Bush is slashing. Do you think Dems would care less if the miners down there were Republicans? Of course not. The fines levied against the company were anywhere between $5.00 and $250.00 - peanuts. I'll wait to see what the investigation says, but at first glance, it looks like this mine should have been shut down until safety concerns were properly addressed.

Well, which of the known 200 violations are directly respoonsible for the accident, if any?

If there were safety violations already present, then it's pretty ridiculous to argue, as some already have, that more regulations could have prevented the accident.

Actually, I'm sure the Dems are ruing the lost 12 votes. That's the way they are.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Well, which of the known 200 violations are directly respoonsible for the accident, if any?

If there were safety violations already present, then it's pretty ridiculous to argue, as some already have, that more regulations could have prevented the accident.

Actually, I'm sure the Dems are ruing the lost 12 votes. That's the way they are.

That's a good point. Perhaps we need better enforcement of the regulations or steeper fines for disobeying them as opposed to simply adding regulations.

Back
Top Bottom