• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

1,015 deaths in America

Could America have saved more lives?

• Yes, a thousand dead a day is for loser countries

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • No, Trump did as best he could

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
According to one active duty nurse in NY, the hospital where she worked was mishandling patients in a way that almost guaranteed they would die, and quickly. Rumor had it the hospital got a large sum of money for every COVID patient it admitted, giving administrators incentive to keep the bodies moving.

rumor has it does it?

typical trump ****

deplorable

According to one active duty nurse in NY, the hospital where she worked was mishandling patients in a way that almost guaranteed they would die, and quickly. Rumor had it the hospital got a large sum of money for every COVID patient it admitted, giving administrators incentive to keep the bodies moving.

While I'm sure there are mistakes made in hospitals overcrowded with pandemic casualties, I don't for a second believe they are purposely killing people for money, nor that they are fraudulently altering the cause of death with any degree of regularity. One or two bad apples in a few instances maybe, but not enough to make a difference in the total death numbers. COVID-19 deaths are under-reported everywhere. The US is doing a decent job of accurate reporting, but the number of actual deaths from the virus will always be higher than the number of reported virus deaths.

Does the new CDC information that only 6% of covid deaths were caused ONLY by covid change the blame game?

There were 1,015 COVID 19 deaths in America 2 days ago. That's over 185,000 deaths total.

UK had 8

France had 20

Germany had 1

Canada had 6

South Korea had 3

Could we have done better and saved more lives?

Coronavirus Update (Live): 25,229,932 Cases and 847,706 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

We could have never done it without the super high covid death rates of our blue states.
Even all these months later our red states do not have a chance of coming close to the massive death rates our blue state leaders were able to chalk up
Those blue states know how to maximize death :
mass graves.jpg

Last edited:
Me thinks they don't "Inflate" the death numbers like we do
Uh, US states have been undercounting deaths due to pandemics for a very long time.
Currently we are looking at covid deaths being under-reported to the tune of 38%.

The deaths are worth money(Follow the money)

Also, if you're terminally ill and get the virus?

Are these are just random thoughts sprouting from your brain? Or do you have something to back up your crazy theories?

It's honestly pretty sick that you would lie and spread misinformation about death from a virus that could have been managed much more efficiently. By a president you voted for and support. Sick.

No country has handled Covid without any mistakes. We've made our share, including our president.

But it's not just about Trump. Cuomo easily made the single biggest mistake when pushed sick people into nursing homes. That one mistake alone accounts for maybe 5% of the total US deaths.

Not true! 4545 people died (as of 8-16-20) in NY nursing homes. 2.4% of US total deaths (185K) and declining since NY state is averaging less than 10 deaths per day for the past few months. Texas has 2844, PA 3891, FL 2366.

Sin and disease was not invented by natural selection, it entered into the world when Adam sinned in the Garden.

You're gonna need a source for that one.

While I'm sure there are mistakes made in hospitals overcrowded with pandemic casualties, I don't for a second believe they are purposely killing people for money, nor that they are fraudulently altering the cause of death with any degree of regularity. One or two bad apples in a few instances maybe, but not enough to make a difference in the total death numbers. COVID-19 deaths are under-reported everywhere. The US is doing a decent job of accurate reporting, but the number of actual deaths from the virus will always be higher than the number of reported virus deaths.

It is time to follow Trump's lead and open the economy back up before it totally collapses.

It is time to follow Trump's lead and open the economy back up before it totally collapses.

Southern states following Trump's lead and opening too early is what caused those states to have to shut down again to avoid hospital overcrowding resulting in a humanitarian crisis. If we had all followed Trump's lead, there would be a lot more dead than 183,000.

Hi Marke,

So there is 6,146 Hospitals in the US with 1,100,000 Doctors and 3,800,000 nurses. Well than if one nurse in New York says this, than it must be true....

Now, yes I agree with you that a dead body is worth money. But not in the same way I am afraid. Yes it costs money to arrange a funeral, and some people have a life insurance that needs to be paid out. But I think a living patient is worth more money because of the high costs of medical care. And there is more people that do not die than there is is people who actually do die, fortunately. And all those patients are also worth a lot of money. And as a matter of fact, for the hospital (read; where your nurse was working) the living patients are obviously worth more money than the diseased. They can keep charging a patient. It is not easy to keep charging dead people beyond a one time fee for the actual death itself. (I guess they have a one time handling fee or something like this. Nothing is free right...)

Joey

We do have less deaths.

2020-09-01: 09:46 (GMT +6)
- The US has 6,211,796 infected people since the beginning. That is the highest number of any country. US is No. 01 in the rankings.
- The US has 187,736 Deaths. And that too is both the highest number and the first rank in the charts again.
- The us has 2,567,797 Active cases. Again; both the highest number and the first rank in the charts again...
- The US has 18,748 cases per 1M people. Wow, the us has dropped to 10th place. They are doing very well here.
- The US has 567 deaths per 1M people. The us has dropped to 11th place! They are doing even better here.
- The US does 249,373 tests per 1M people. And now here is the only one where the US actually scores reasonably good at 18th place. Ironically, even Russia still scores better than the US here.

So maybe you have less death in your family, but I am seriously confused as to what your statement could possibly refer to.

Joey

Southern states following Trump's lead and opening too early is what caused those states to have to shut down again to avoid hospital overcrowding resulting in a humanitarian crisis. If we had all followed Trump's lead, there would be a lot more dead than 183,000.

Silly. The unsaved critic typically seeks to dishonestly blame others for things which are not their fault. Americans need God in order to cure disgruntled bitterness, envy, anger, and unhappiness.

Hi Marke,

So there is 6,146 Hospitals in the US with 1,100,000 Doctors and 3,800,000 nurses. Well than if one nurse in New York says this, than it must be true....

Now, yes I agree with you that a dead body is worth money. But not in the same way I am afraid. Yes it costs money to arrange a funeral, and some people have a life insurance that needs to be paid out. But I think a living patient is worth more money because of the high costs of medical care. And there is more people that do not die than there is is people who actually do die, fortunately. And all those patients are also worth a lot of money. And as a matter of fact, for the hospital (read; where your nurse was working) the living patients are obviously worth more money than the diseased. They can keep charging a patient. It is not easy to keep charging dead people beyond a one time fee for the actual death itself. (I guess they have a one time handling fee or something like this. Nothing is free right...)

Joey

I think Americans should at least look into claims to see if there is any validity to them. The one nurse said the death rate on her COVID floor, including patients who first came to her floor without COVID, was greater than 98%. A doctor in Texas claimed she used a concoction of well known drugs to combat COVID and had not had a single fatality in over 300 patients. Nobody should write either of these off. The wise thing to do would be to investigate, for the sakes of all Americans.

I think Americans should at least look into claims to see if there is any validity to them. The one nurse said the death rate on her COVID floor, including patients who first came to her floor without COVID, was greater than 98%. A doctor in Texas claimed she used a concoction of well known drugs to combat COVID and had not had a single fatality in over 300 patients. Nobody should write either of these off. The wise thing to do would be to investigate, for the sakes of all Americans.

Hi Marke,

And with that I do, of course, fully agree. Would be interesting to see what comes out of there. I have heard (Just heard, I can not substantiate this with hard data) that once Covid-19 patients go into the IC unit and have to start using a ventilator that the chances of survival drastically reduce. So this may have something to do with it. Let's see, I am sure something will come up in this regard.

You know Marke, I am not challenging soo much what she says, I am merely pointing out that it is a bit of a stretch to go from her observations to her conclusions. At least without the by yourself suggested investigation. There may be a variety of reasons that could explain her observations.

Joey

2020-09-01: 09:46 (GMT +6)
- The US has 6,211,796 infected people since the beginning. That is the highest number of any country. US is No. 01 in the rankings.
- The US has 187,736 Deaths. And that too is both the highest number and the first rank in the charts again.
- The us has 2,567,797 Active cases. Again; both the highest number and the first rank in the charts again...
- The US has 18,748 cases per 1M people. Wow, the us has dropped to 10th place. They are doing very well here.
- The US has 567 deaths per 1M people. The us has dropped to 11th place! They are doing even better here.
- The US does 249,373 tests per 1M people. And now here is the only one where the US actually scores reasonably good at 18th place. Ironically, even Russia still scores better than the US here.

So maybe you have less death in your family, but I am seriously confused as to what your statement could possibly refer to.

Joey

The US has 567 deaths per 1M people. Brazil, Sweden, Italy, Chile, Uk, Spain, Peru, all have more death per million.

We have less deaths.

Government? China? WHO? Politicians initially telling people the virus was not so bad and masks were not important? Local rules requiring COVID patients to be crammed into rest homes? Failing to shut down the China border before it was shut down? Politicians opposing the shut down of travel at our borders?

Democrats are all about assessing blame. They cannot allow that some things happen by accident or happen in a way that nobody could have prevented if they had tried. That is because democrats have become brainwashed into thinking like lawyers who ask themselves, "Who can I blame and who can I sue for big bucks in this crisis?"

Word on the street is that mass gatherings, like democrat protests, are the root cause of tens of thousands of COVID deaths, so stay away from democrat protests.

...and Trump rallies. You conveniently forgot that part.

Back
Top Bottom