• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

‘Third-party candidate’ spikes on Google amid GOP convention

Same type of Google spike, I would guess.

I imagine the Democrats' convention will be more boring, though with better music, unless Bernie pulls a surprise on everyone, which I highly doubt.

I imagine the Democrats' convention will be more boring, though with better music, unless Bernie pulls a surprise on everyone, which I highly doubt.

Bernie supporters were clearly falling in line. Then she just betrayed him and his supporters by picking Tim Kaine. So we'll see.

Bernie supporters were clearly falling in line. Then she just betrayed him and his supporters by picking Tim Kaine. So we'll see.

if she wanted to give Bernie supporters and progressives at least an Olive Branch she would have chosen someone like Warren. Picking a Wallstreet errand boy like Kaine is a conscious, deliberate "FU" to those people.

Had she picked someone like Warren there probably would have been a 50% chance I would vote for her. Now it is next to zero.

She obviously thinks she doesn't need our vote. Given how horrible her opponent is she may be right.

if she wanted to give Bernie supporters and progressives at least an Olive Branch she would have chosen someone like Warren. Picking a Wallstreet errand boy like Kaine is a conscious, deliberate "FU" to those people.

100% right. She just said for weeks... "Yes I'll adopt this and this and this and that from your platform..." This pick just said, "Nevermind!"

Had she picked someone like Warren there probably would have been a 50% chance I would vote for her. Now it is next to zero.

Same here.

She obviously thinks she doesn't need our vote. Given how horrible her opponent is she may be right.

Warren as a veep would've given her all the excitement she needed to gain fundraising and push her over the top with the excitement of all those white Bernie supporters + the black vote + the latino vote. He's about to steal all the blue collar vote. He may be lying about what he'll do for the blue collars but he's about to get their vote nontheless.

that being said, I didn't want warren in the useless veep position. I want her in the Attorney General position.

This is off-topic, but I used to think you and poweRob were the same person. :)

100% right. She just said for weeks... "Yes I'll adopt this and this and this and that from your platform..." This pick just said, "Nevermind!"

Same here.

Warren as a veep would've given her all the excitement she needed to gain fundraising and push her over the top with the excitement of all those white Bernie supporters + the black vote + the latino vote. He's about to steal all the blue collar vote. He may be lying about what he'll do for the blue collars but he's about to get their vote nontheless.

that being said, I didn't want warren in the useless veep position. I want her in the Attorney General position.

AG would be a good roll for her. But probably even less likely than VP.

I'm not convinced that Warren would have been a great pick. Yes, she would get the excitement factor from the Bernie voters. And she does have the populist, anti Wall Street message. But when she campaigned with Hillary, I didn't think they had much chemistry. It seem forced. Warren played the anti Trump attack dog role a little thick and Hillary looked ill at ease around her. Would Midwestern white voters who by in large are more conservative than Warren have felt the same way? The last time the Democrats forced a marriage of opposites, Jack Kennedy/Lyndon Johnson won by a few thousand votes, some of them dead if you believe the Daley conspiracy theories. Big risk.

Truth be told, I don't think Hillary was going to win over the Bernie or Bust or Bernie or Semi-Bust folks in any real significant way no matter who she picked as VP. Those Bernie supporters who really want to stop Trump will vote for the only person who can do that: Hillary.

AG would be a good roll for her. But probably even less likely than VP.

Hillary will put a ****ing Goldman Sachs executive in the AG position. Gotta make sure Wall Street never faces prosecution for any Goddamn thing they do.

I'm not convinced that Warren would have been a great pick. Yes, she would get the excitement factor from the Bernie voters. And she does have the populist, anti Wall Street message. But when she campaigned with Hillary, I didn't think they had much chemistry. It seem forced. Warren played the anti Trump attack dog role a little thick and Hillary looked ill at ease around her. Would Midwestern white voters who by in large are more conservative than Warren have felt the same way? The last time the Democrats forced a marriage of opposites, Jack Kennedy/Lyndon Johnson won by a few thousand votes, some of them dead if you believe the Daley conspiracy theories. Big risk.

Truth be told, I don't think Hillary was going to win over the Bernie or Bust or Bernie or Semi-Bust folks in any real significant way no matter who she picked as VP. Those Bernie supporters who really want to stop Trump will vote for the only person who can do that: Hillary.

Donald Trump’s bad month just got worse, because Sanders backers just rallied to Clinton
June 26

Sanders supporters aren't just rallying around Clinton; they're doing it rather quickly. And it's a big reason Clinton just extended her lead over Trump into the double digits, 51 percent to 39 percent.

A new Washington Post-ABC News poll shows that Sanders backers, who polls have shown were reluctant to jump over to Clinton and even flirted with supporting Trump, are coming home faster than we might have expected.

Last month, 20 percent of Sanders supporters said they would back Trump over Clinton in the general election. This month, that figure is down to 8 percent.​

You can kiss that **** goodbye.

Donald Trump’s bad month just got worse, because Sanders backers just rallied to Clinton
June 26

Sanders supporters aren't just rallying around Clinton; they're doing it rather quickly. And it's a big reason Clinton just extended her lead over Trump into the double digits, 51 percent to 39 percent.

A new Washington Post-ABC News poll shows that Sanders backers, who polls have shown were reluctant to jump over to Clinton and even flirted with supporting Trump, are coming home faster than we might have expected.

Last month, 20 percent of Sanders supporters said they would back Trump over Clinton in the general election. This month, that figure is down to 8 percent.​

You can kiss that **** goodbye.
If those Bernie supporters really think that Clinton/Kaine will appoint the same USSC justices and institute the same immigration policies as Trump, then I fully understand their decision to vote for the Republican or someone else. If not, then they are only hurting their own interests by making Kaine a deal breaker.

If those Bernie supporters really think that Clinton/Kaine will appoint the same USSC justices and institute the same immigration policies as Trump, then I fully understand their decision to vote for the Republican or someone else. If not, then they are only hurting their own interests by making Kaine a deal breaker.

I'm not going to vote republican. But I'll tell you this, if hillary and her supporters are going to play the "vote for hillary because... well... trump!!!1111!" fear card. **** that. I'm going to vote FOR something. I'll be damned if I'm so weak that I'll throw my vote away voting against something.

Back
Top Bottom