• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘They were all shot’: "russia" accused of war crimes as Bucha reveals horror of invasion

Shell Pootler and Moscow´s imperial leadership be prosecuted by The Hague Tribunal ?

• Total voters
Were they the civilian army, the one Zelensky armed and taught to make Molotov cocktails? Suddenly, the civilian resistance is never mentioned. I'm not saying the Russians couldn't kill civilians just because, but it's a question I've had.
Even if true, executing prisoners of war is a war crime.

March 14 BBC:

Four-hundred miles to the north west, on the edge of the capital Kyiv, a mass grave was dug near a church in the town of Bucha, local MP Mykhailyna Skoryk-Shkarivska said. It contains more than 60 bodies.
Video of the burial was posted on Facebook by a doctor working in nearby Irpin, Andriy Levkivsky. Doctors buried the victims, who had been brought to Irpin hospital.

We saw vids of these mass graves being dug by Ukranians after bombings. Now they are war crimes? Help me sort this out.

I don’t understand why you’re putting that in the same bucket as the incidents in the OP.

Trying to equate this to the Holocaust is absurd.

It’s a despicable war crime. Claiming its equivalent to the slaughter of well over six million people(and specifically choosing Babi Yar is an.....interesting choice given the rehabilitation of Nazi collaborators like Stepan Bandera in recent years) is nonsensical.

ALL IVAN LOVERS/useful idiots SUDDENLY show up here, looks like you DO feel already whats coming to you

watch this ivan

Watch your mouth, Litwin. I am far from being on Russia's side, but I don't want to be manipulated or lied to by anyone, not even the good guys. There has been a tremendous amount of propaganda on both sides. I think my questions are reasonable. I watched your clip. If the authorities are calling it a massacre and they've already taken into account what I mentioned, fine. They are there; I am not. I will continue to wonder, though, until it's addressed.

Really? I did not know that.

Yeah, once someone surrenders you aren’t supposed to abuse them in any way. So killing them is obviously a no-no, but you also aren’t supposed to torture them(i.e. like shooting them in the legs) and give them a decent amount of food, clothing, and medical care.

Really? I did not know that.
Try with WIKI

As part of the 2022 Invasion of Ukraine, the Russian military pushed across the southern borders of Belarus. One of the initial moves was a push towards Kyiv, and together with a huge column of military vehicles, the Russian military moved into Ukraine north of Kyiv.

In March 2022, Russian advanced forces moved into the town of Bucha, making it one of the first outlying areas of Kyiv that Russian forces moved into.[citation needed]

Unlike in other towns, the mayor continued to remain in office during the occupation. He was not abducted or executed.[9]

In late March, prior to the Russian retreat from Kyiv, Prosecutor General of Ukraine Iryna Venediktova stated that Ukrainian prosecutors had collected evidence of 2500 suspected cases of war crimes in the 2022 Russian invasion and had identified "several hundred suspects."[10]

As part of a general retreat of Russian forces north of Kyiv, as well as attacks on Russian formations by the Ukrainian military, Russian troops in the Bucha area retreated north. Ukrainian forces entered the town on 1 April.[11]

Bucha_Massacre_2.jpg

If nothing else, more extreme sanctions - and this time, start going after Putin's stash for real. He's probably using his family members to hide his assets - freeze up the assets of anyone and everyone who knows Putin personally.

I don’t understand why you’re putting that in the same bucket as the incidents in the OP.
The OP mentioned mass graves as evidence of war crimes. Well, yes, I guess we've known all along that bombing civilians intentionally--which the Russians have-- is a war crime. So in that sense, the mass graves are evidence. The current coverage makes it sound as if the Russians were killing all these people and burying them to hide their crimes. I'm not sure. I am certainly open to the possibility.

Litwin in my opinion -> you are manipulating the same the Russians are manipulating on their Telegram. This is what they do there as well to rally up people. That is why you have rallies in Germany, Cyprus, Serbia, etc. Every day they post pictures, and horrible videos for their side to feed them information.

Let me clarify: not denying the videos are real, don't confuse me with some of the other people you engage with.

I can't engage them so I will engage you:

Do you get off on these pictures? Why would you not post the spoilers tag? Is this some freedom of speech I am not educated enough to understand? or is it a tactic that you might have learned in West Germany intelligence? ---> satire.

I think some respect for human beings is needed, even though they are deceased.

Don't give me the line that the world needs to know, is pure propaganda what you are doing. 100 % what the KGB does and always did. Using fear to rile up people without any investigation. You are just the same coin, the opposite side in my view.

As for the conclusion, that is up to the UN which put up a statement that the investigation has started.

Last edited:
we work on this

and me on this:

UN considers that the discovery of mass graves in Bucea, a town near the Ukrainian capital Kiev, after the withdrawal of Russian forces raises serious questions about "possible war crimes", while emphasizing the importance of keeping any evidence, reports AFP.

I think some respect for human beings is needed, even though they are deceased.
My heart aches for them, and as I saw the pics, I wondered how I would feel if that was my brother, husband, father or daughter that the whole world was seeing in undignified death.

nobody cares what ivan war- criminals think today , the next station is The Hague !
Israel
🇮🇱
also acknowledges russia's war crimes in Ukraine #BuchaMassacre

.....by definition, you have to care about what the definition of a war crime is if you want to prosecute someone for committing war crimes. Duh.

and me on this:

UN considers that the discovery of mass graves in Bucea, a town near the Ukrainian capital Kiev, after the withdrawal of Russian forces raises serious questions about "possible war crimes", while emphasizing the importance of keeping any evidence, reports AFP.
Germany:

Back
Top Bottom