• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘I’ve Had It With This Guy’: G.O.P. Leaders Privately Blasted Trump After Jan. 6

Yep. The key word is "establishment". McConnell and other RINOs were never anything more then establishment "librul lite" politicians whose's primarily goals were to mostly go along to get along and hold onto their seats. They were from the beginning against a populist candidate upsetting the establishment apple cart. McConnell was even prepared to vote to convict Trump in the Senate after the 2nd impeachment, then backed down when it became clear that Trump still held major sway with conservative voters.

Is a RINO defined as any Republican who does not show fealty to one man in Donald Trump?

Seems like the DNC strategy is to keep Trump on the front page to divert from the Biden results and disaster. 74 million Americans aren't paying attention to the anti Trump rhetoric nor are those with buyers remorse in voting against Trump putting Biden/Harris in power

You have to admit that an attempted insurrection is a unique and profound story that is unfolding more everyday.

Seems like the DNC strategy is to keep Trump on the front page to divert from the Biden results and disaster. 74 million Americans aren't paying attention to the anti Trump rhetoric nor are those with buyers remorse in voting against Trump putting Biden/Harris in power
Well, he doesn't have to be on the front page. If he satisfactorily convinced everyone that he wouldn't run in 2024, that would definitely knock him back a couple pages. But when a guy who really gave it his all to end the American experiment wants a second shot at it, that's gonna keep him on the front page.

‘I’ve Had It With This Guy’: G.O.P. Leaders Privately Blasted Trump After Jan. 6

In the days after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol building, the two top Republicans in Congress, Representative Kevin McCarthy and Senator Mitch McConnell, told associates they believed President Trump was responsible for inciting the deadly riot and vowed to drive him from politics.

Mr. McCarthy went so far as to say he would push Mr. Trump to resign immediately: “I’ve had it with this guy,” he told a group of Republican leaders.

But within weeks both men backed off an all-out fight with Mr. Trump because they feared retribution from him and his political movement. Their drive to act faded fast as it became clear it would mean difficult votes that would put them at odds with most of their colleagues.

===================
Today, McCarthy denied he said what the Time published. The only problem is that the Times has an audio tape of McCarthy saying what he denied saying.

The only word that comes to my mind is "Coward." Following Watergate, Barry Goldwater went to Nixon and told him that he should resign or be impeached and removed from office. McCarthy had originally had the right patriotic idea but backed off because he wanted to save his political skin.
the good news is that we know which republicans are actually on our side, and which ones work with democrats like Nancy Pelosi. The democrat media, in their ego, are inadvertantly helping us purge the RINOS from the ranks of the GOP.

and they say you hated america :LOL:

the good news is that we know which republicans are actually on our side, and which ones work with democrats like Nancy Pelosi. The democrat media, in their ego, are inadvertantly helping us purge the RINOS from the ranks of the GOP.

and they say you hated america :LOL:

Always a good idea for a political party to have purges and get rid of people.

Is a RINO defined as any Republican who does not show fealty to one man in Donald Trump?
No it defines republicans who do not support and practice the principles laid out in the Republican Party platform. You know....that document that the republicans claim they stand for?

McCarthy lied?

Look at his speech just after 6JAN and the next one after he kissed Trump’s ring @ Mar-a-Lago.
A republican who blatantly lies becomes a republican hero to their base.

Saying negative things about Mr. Donald Trump, whether true or not, may not result in his permanent ire if, later, the person making the comment sucks up to him. Some of the comments of a few years back by Senator Raphael Cruz stand as examples.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.
Add to the list Lindsey Graham.

It really has you libruls stressed out, huh?

Yep. Trump is essentially the true "deep state" now.

A losing politician with no elected position is dictating congressional policy, in the open and almost certainly in private, via his sychophants, to promote his self serving agenda.

I pretty much expect that everything McCarthy says is what Trump told him to say.

That is an actual deep state.
RNC is paying his court tab. ;)
Can someone please link to the audio clip of McCarthy saying that?
See #13

Yeah - odd that the full audio doesn't make it into the articles about the issue.

I've read a bit about it, and the Times came out with a report about GOP leaders having "had it with this guy" - and then McCarthy issued a denial "of the times reporting." Then the media says MCarthy lied because he made some statement on or after January 6, 2021, where he referred to Trump possibly resigning. To know what the deal is here, we have to see the NY Times report (which is paywalled). My experience in these issues is that McCarthy can plausibly deny what the NY times specifically reported, while still having said what he said on January 6.

But, after reading some articles about it - I really don't understand the issue. No Republicans had any qualms about criticizing Trump. There was an entire Never Trump movement in the GOP. Half the Republican establishment openly hated the guy and voted for Joe ****ing Biden.

Whatever.
Never Drumpfers aren't in office (anymore).

Exactly! It's like Steve Bannon ripping off Trump supporters for millions of dollars, without any backlash from Trump supporters -- they still listen to his broadcasts. Trump then pardoned Bannon when a federal court convicted Bannon for fraud. Let that sink in -- Trump pardoned the guy who ripped off Trump's supporters. You'd think that these supporters would be mad a Trump for pardoning the guy that stole from them, but no. It's a cult and the cultists always stick with the cult leaders. GOP voters will stick with McCarthy, who blatantly got caught in a substantive lie.

I think GOP voters have been conditioned to accept lies and they're now immune from them. They were sold on the lie that tax-cuts yield more tax revenue, when there is no evidence that it does. GOP voters believe that GOP officials are on their side, even though whenever the GOP is in power they cut taxes on the rich, cut safety, worker and environmental protections and try to take away health insurance from millions of Americans.
I know McCarthy groveled at the feet of #1 MAGA Cult Leader, but will Drumpf still throw his support to him for Speaker, if the Cult should win the house, or throw him under the bus?
p.s. McC admitted saying it after the tape came out, saying it was a poor attempt at humor. ;)

I know McCarthy groveled at the feet of #1 MAGA Cult Leader, but will Drumpf still throw his support to him for Speaker, if the Cult should win the house, or throw him under the bus?
p.s. McC admitted saying it after the tape came out, saying it was a poor attempt at humor. ;)

He's "My Kevin."

But Stefanik is knocking at the door.

Where's the audio of the tape? The link is to a paywall. If someone has the link to the audio please post it.

The thing is, if you honestly wanted to hear that recording you would have done a search on it yourself.

Like I did.

It didn't take long, I just went to YouTube and typed in mccarthy tape. Video of it came right up.

Yes, it's from long winded Rachel Maddow. The woman should get to the point but the audio is played on her show.

It's at time stamp 3:32 into the video so just forward it to that point and you will hear the audio.

He's "My Kevin."

But Stefanik is knocking at the door.
I've suspected Jim Jordan to do an end around McCarthy, myself. Matt Gaetz, the party hound, is seemingly pushing Jordan out loud. BUT - I also sense that DJT knows that he has McCarthy by his cream puffs and squeezing them anytime he wishes. McCarthy may wildly hard suck his way into Speakership despite all the other suck asses - sucking. Kevin and the Donald are to fundraise together next month at the National Republican Congressional Committee. More lovey dovey pictures to enjoy. 🤢

My point is not about McCarthy.

Back
Top Bottom