• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘I’ve Had It With This Guy’: G.O.P. Leaders Privately Blasted Trump After Jan. 6

‘I’ve Had It With This Guy’: G.O.P. Leaders Privately Blasted Trump After Jan. 6

In the days after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol building, the two top Republicans in Congress, Representative Kevin McCarthy and Senator Mitch McConnell, told associates they believed President Trump was responsible for inciting the deadlyYou riot and vowed to drive him from politics.

Mr. McCarthy went so far as to say he would push Mr. Trump to resign immediately: “I’ve had it with this guy,” he told a group of Republican leaders.

But within weeks both men backed off an all-out fight with Mr. Trump because they feared retribution from him and his political movement. Their drive to act faded fast as it became clear it would mean difficult votes that would put them at odds with most of their colleagues.

===================
Today, McCarthy denied he said what the Time published. The only problem is that the Times has an audio tape of McCarthy saying what he denied saying.

The only word that comes to my mind is "Coward." Following Watergate, Barry Goldwater went to Nixon and told him that he should resign or be impeached and removed from office. McCarthy had originally had the right patriotic idea but backed off because he wanted to save his political skin.
You really have a bad case of TDS and the question is why? He isn't in power now as you and others voted out of hatred giving us a total incompetent in Biden that nullified all the good economic data and policies Trump implemented pre pandemic, policies that benefited even you whether you want to admit it or not. Have you sent your Trump tax cut back? How about getting a thank you from your state for all the record revenue the states received due to consumer spending thanks to those tax cuts?

Yeah - odd that the full audio doesn't make it into the articles about the issue.

I've read a bit about it, and the Times came out with a report about GOP leaders having "had it with this guy" - and then McCarthy issued a denial "of the times reporting." Then the media says MCarthy lied because he made some statement on or after January 6, 2021, where he referred to Trump possibly resigning. To know what the deal is here, we have to see the NY Times report (which is paywalled). My experience in these issues is that McCarthy can plausibly deny what the NY times specifically reported, while still having said what he said on January 6.

But, after reading some articles about it - I really don't understand the issue. No Republicans had any qualms about criticizing Trump. There was an entire Never Trump movement in the GOP. Half the Republican establishment openly hated the guy and voted for Joe ****ing Biden.

Whatever.
What comes next is an explanation from McCarthy's campaign explaining their flat out denial wasn't a flat out denial. One of the recordings we can hear McConnell saying "The Democrats are going to take [Trump] out for us."

McCarthy covets the Speaker of the House title. He decided that is would be better to not actually tell Trump to resign if he wants that spot, so he didn't. Today, McCarthy loves Trump. Today he would suck Trump's dick on 5th avenue if Trump told him to, just so he would not lose any votes in his upcoming primary.

I don't know what Trump Fan Nation is. I don't watch Fox. More Democrats watch FoxNews,though, than watch CNN. LOL.

What shows McCarthy lied? Can you quote McCarthy's lie and the statement that shows it is a lie? I can't find two statements juxtaposed. I see articles SAYING he lied, because he "denied the Times' reporting," but denying their reporting is different than denying a specific thing.

I haven't heard it. I don't know why the CNN articles I read about it don't link to the video. I did not get any link. And, I came up with no excuses to defend McCarthy. You act like you can't read. All I said was I couldn't find the audio clip that supposedly shows he lied, and I can't. The lie is supposed to be McCarthy's published denial of "the NY Times reporting." But the Times' reporting is paywalled, and it's not clear what he's denying when he says he denies the Times' reporting.

Your kind of response is just so typical of the Left. The affirmative assertion here is that McCarthy lied when he made his public statement denying the NY Times' reporting. If it's so blatant, it should take anyone 2 seconds to clearly show: "Here is the quote of him lying" and "here is the audio clip saying the opposite..." - yet, that seems to be too much for people who are pushing that argument. If that's your argument, make it. It's not my homework, it's your homework. On a discussion forum, the person making the positive assertion bears the burden of proof. Others are not obliged to go out and find the proof for your argument.
This is a lot of blathering for someone who lied and badly at that.
Of course you can find it, a child could find it and notice where the lying is..

Mrniceguys spin is gonna be since it was a spokesperson for Kevin, then he didn't actually lie and thus this story is false.

Then something about the left putting a finger in his cupcake when he was younger and thus thats why he is a conservative

Saying negative things about Mr. Donald Trump, whether true or not, may not result in his permanent ire if, later, the person making the comment sucks up to him. Some of the comments of a few years back by Senator Raphael Cruz stand as examples.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

onneYeah - odd that the full audio doesn't make it into the articles about the issue.

I've read a bit about it, and the Times came out with a report about GOP leaders having "had it with this guy" - and then McCarthy issued a denial "of the times reporting." Then the media says MCarthy lied because he made some statement on or after January 6, 2021, where he referred to Trump possibly resigning. To know what the deal is here, we have to see the NY Times report (which is paywalled). My experience in these issues is that McCarthy can plausibly deny what the NY times specifically reported, while still having said what he said on January 6.

But, after reading some articles about it - I really don't understand the issue. No Republicans had any qualms about criticizing Trump. There was an entire Never Trump movement in the GOP. Half the Republican establishment openly hated the guy and voted for Joe ****ing Biden.

Whatever.
Yep. The key word is "establishment". McConnell and other RINOs were never anything more then establishment "librul lite" politicians whose's primarily goals were to mostly go along to get along and hold onto their seats. They were from the beginning against a populist candidate upsetting the establishment apple cart. McConnell was even prepared to vote to convict Trump in the Senate after the 2nd impeachment, then backed down when it became clear that Trump still held major sway with conservative voters.

I posted quite a few of the audio tapes in this thread:. They are on the last page

In the days after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol building, the two top Republicans in Congress, Representative Kevin McCarthy and Senator Mitch McConnell, told associates they believed President Trump was responsible for inciting the deadly riot and vowed to drive him from politics.

Mr. McCarthy went so far as to say he would push Mr. Trump to resign immediately: “I’ve had it with this guy,” he told a group of Republican leaders.

But within weeks both men backed off an all-out fight with Mr. Trump because they feared retribution from him and his political movement. Their drive to act faded fast as it became clear it would mean difficult votes that would put them at odds with most of their colleagues.

===================
Today, McCarthy denied he said what the Time published. The only problem is that the Times has an audio tape of McCarthy saying what he denied saying.

The only word that comes to my mind is "Coward." Following Watergate, Barry Goldwater went to Nixon and told him that he should resign or be impeached and removed from office. McCarthy had originally had the right patriotic idea but backed off because he wanted to save his political skin.
I was almost at "had it" with Trump before Jan. 6.
Jan. 6 was the last straw for me.

Yep. The key word is "establishment". McConnell and other RINOs were never anything more then establishment "librul lite" politicians whose's primarily goals were to mostly go along to get along and hold onto their seats. They were from the beginning against a populist candidate upsetting the establishment apple cart. McConnell was even prepared to vote to convict Trump in the Senate after the 2nd impeachment, then backed down when it became clear that Trump still held major sway with conservative voters.
Also, populists are stupid.

Seems the latest is McCarthy saying he was just placating Cheney on that call. And Trump's not mad, so Keven must have done some quick ass kissing. I don't have any links for that, just heard it on tv.

Also, populists are stupid.
If that gets you through the nights, you are welcome to think that way, however it makes you look like a tribal partisan lackey.

I don't know what Trump Fan Nation is. I don't watch Fox. More Democrats watch FoxNews,though, than watch CNN. LOL.

What shows McCarthy lied? Can you quote McCarthy's lie and the statement that shows it is a lie? I can't find two statements juxtaposed. I see articles SAYING he lied, because he "denied the Times' reporting," but denying their reporting is different than denying a specific thing.

I haven't heard it. I don't know why the CNN articles I read about it don't link to the video. I did not get any link. And, I came up with no excuses to defend McCarthy. You act like you can't read. All I said was I couldn't find the audio clip that supposedly shows he lied, and I can't. The lie is supposed to be McCarthy's published denial of "the NY Times reporting." But the Times' reporting is paywalled, and it's not clear what he's denying when he says he denies the Times' reporting.

Your kind of response is just so typical of the Left. The affirmative assertion here is that McCarthy lied when he made his public statement denying the NY Times' reporting. If it's so blatant, it should take anyone 2 seconds to clearly show: "Here is the quote of him lying" and "here is the audio clip saying the opposite..." - yet, that seems to be too much for people who are pushing that argument. If that's your argument, make it. It's not my homework, it's your homework. On a discussion forum, the person making the positive assertion bears the burden of proof. Others are not obliged to go out and find the proof for your argument.
What a painfully stupid post rooted in Trump worship and ignorance.

In the days after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol building, the two top Republicans in Congress, Representative Kevin McCarthy and Senator Mitch McConnell, told associates they believed President Trump was responsible for inciting the deadly riot and vowed to drive him from politics.

===================

Sounds just like an abusive relationship. They keep coming back for more.

1650756124408.png

You really have a bad case of TDS and the question is why? He isn't in power now as you and others voted out of hatred giving us a total incompetent in Biden that nullified all the good economic data and policies Trump implemented pre pandemic, policies that benefited even you whether you want to admit it or not. Have you sent your Trump tax cut back? How about getting a thank you from your state for all the record revenue the states received due to consumer spending thanks to those tax cuts?

QUESTION: You really have a bad case of TDS and the question is why?

ANSWER: Given that Donald J Trump has made a conscious decision to retain control of the Republican Party, purge those "stepping-out-of-line" and remain the presumptive Republican Presidential Candidate for 2024, those are hardly the actions of someone intent on maintaining a low political profile in his retirement!

As for TDS, "Conservative's" rant displays a classic case of BTS - Biden Derangement Syndrome!

Last edited:
View attachment 67387179

QUESTION: You really have a bad case of TDS and the question is why?

ANSWER: Given that Donald J Trump has made a conscious decision to retain control of the Republican Party, purge those "stepping-out-of-line" and remain the presumptive Republican Presidential Candidate for 2024, those are hardly the actions of someone intent on maintaining a low political profile in his retirement!

As for TDS, "Conservative's" rant displays a classic case of BTS - Biden Derangement Syndrome!
The American people control the Republican Party and do so because Trump believed enough in them that he created the tax cuts which put them in charge not the bureaucrats that apparently you need for your own personal responsibility issues funded by those taxpayers. You ought to be scared of Trump as he is destroying liberalism as it should be done

More "There's no cure for this"...

Okay, we've had this crazy forever. For as long as I've lived people have claimed Elvis is alive and well in Duluth. What's precisely so bad is that these crazy people are drawn to Trump like a moth to flame, and their brand of crazy is weaponized in the worst possible ways. When you combine political power with a total divorce from reality, all horrors are possible.

More "There's no cure for this"...

Okay, we've had this crazy forever. For as long as I've lived people have claimed Elvis is alive and well in Duluth. What's precisely so bad is that these crazy people are drawn to Trump like a moth to flame, and their brand of crazy is weaponized in the worst possible ways. When you combine political power with a total divorce from reality, all horrors are possible.

So, it’s all in code?

These interviews have to be staged, no?

There cannot be this level of disconnect in rural US…….Michael Jackson and Diana Spence………;)

So, it’s all in code?

These interviews have to be staged, no?

There cannot be this level of disconnect in rural US…….Michael Jackson and Diana Spence………;)
Well, like I said, we've had this brand of crazy forever. The problem is that all the craziest people are specifically converging on Trump rallies and, bizarrely, fascism.

If you asked me five years ago, "Hey Cardinal, what's the connection between Elvis Lives and fascism and I would have said, "Um....nothing?" Boy, would I have been wrong.

Well, like I said, we've had this brand of crazy forever. The problem is that all the craziest people are specifically converging on Trump rallies.
Is alcohol served at these “rallies?”

Seems like the DNC strategy is to keep Trump on the front page to divert from the Biden results and disaster. 74 million Americans aren't paying attention to the anti Trump rhetoric nor are those with buyers remorse in voting against Trump putting Biden/Harris in power

Seems the latest is McCarthy saying he was just placating Cheney on that call. And Trump's not mad, so Keven must have done some quick ass kissing. I don't have any links for that, just heard it on tv.

Yes this is true, which brings up the question about situational ethics. A lie is not a lie , it justdepends who you are lying to ?????
Obvious lie to cover previous lies.

Back
Top Bottom