• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your top ten favorite TV shows

I forgot:

Moonlighting
Moon Over Miami (not the movie - there was a short lived tv series)

Soap
And
Mash
After those all my others fight for their spot depending on the episode...

Homicide: Life on the Street (1993-1999)

Westerns seems to be a popular genre, as I got good responses to your top 10 westerns.
Not too many responses though to your top 10 albums.
So - let's try TV series.

What are your top 10 TV series of all time?

For me:

Downton Abbey
800 Words
The Newsroom
All in the Family
Star Trek - the original
Cheers
Californication
Doctor Doctor
Mrs. Brown's Boys
Laugh In
Star Trek TOS
Friends
Star Trek TNG
Star Trek Voyager
Seinfeld
Modern Family
Law and Order Criminal Intent
The West Wing
Saturday Night Live
Bonanza

Star Trek TOS
Friends
Star Trek TNG
Star Trek Voyager
Seinfeld
Modern Family
Law and Order Criminal Intent
The West Wing
Saturday Night Live
Bonanza
all the star treks except deep space 9? same here, plus it all went downhill starting with Enterprise :(

all the star treks except deep space 9? same here, plus it all went downhill starting with Enterprise :(
I agree.. I could not get into DS9 (I tried) the characters just weren't believable. You know they were jumping the shark when they brought in Warf and changed the venue to a starship. Enterprise... I could watch that.. but poor Bakula is such an overacter (like Shatner) LOL.. we jews.. we're such hams!

I'm assuming it doesn't have to be currently running series, because if it did, I wouldn't have much to post. These are shows from as far back as when I was still of single-digit age. Not in any particular order of rank:

* Star Trek Next Gen
* The Wire
* The Virginian
* Happy Days(before it "jumped the shark", LOL)
* Three's Company
* The Venture Brothers
* Adventures of Rick & Morty
* The Sopranos(except last season)
* Carnivale
* Family Guy
* Rome
* Dukes of Hazzard
* Adventure Time With Finn & Jake
* The Walking Dead(first few seasons anyway).
* One Punch Man(1st 2 seasons)
* Deadwood(first 2 seasons)
* The Real World(first 2 seasons, definitely NOT the scripted and contrived later seasons)
* Breaking Bad(except end of final season)
* The Night Stalker
* What's Happening
* The Jeffersons
* Seinfeld

I agree.. I could not get into DS9 (I tried) the characters just weren't believable. You know they were jumping the shark when they brought in Warf and changed the venue to a starship. Enterprise... I could watch that.. but poor Bakula is such an overacter (like Shatner) LOL.. we jews.. we're such hams!
Wait, "Bakula" is a Jewish surname? I thought it was "vampire derived"! It sure sounds suspiciously similar! Lol.

We need a new thread for cartoons I think. Futurama is one of the GOAT.
Damn, I forgot to add
* Futurama!!!
* The A-Team
* John From Cincinnati
* The 6 Million Dollar Man(I was 5 when it began)
* Beavis & Butthead(first 3 seasons)

Friends.
Big Bang Theory.
Original Odd Couple.
Original Star Trek
1st 5 years of MASH. After that it became a prime time soap opera..
Columbo.
Frasier.
The Dick Van Dyke Show.
Mission Impossible.
Barney Miller.

Friends.
Big Bang Theory.
Original Odd Couple.
Original Star Trek
Columbo.
Frasier.
The Dick Van Dyke Show.
Mission Impossible.
Barney Miller.
I loved Barney Miller, not in my top 10, but find so few people who would list that show in their top 20 let alone top 10, but it was brilliant.

I loved Barney Miller, not in my top 10, but find so few people who would list that show in their top 20 let alone top 10, but it was brilliant.
The characters on that show were awesome.

Friends.
Big Bang Theory.
Original Odd Couple.
Original Star Trek
Columbo.
Frasier.
The Dick Van Dyke Show.
Mission Impossible.
Barney Miller.
Dick Van Dyke did an exercise video for CBS This Morning to demonstrate his agility. He's 95.

I might have to do an OP some time on what is everyone's favorite Star Trek, because I seem to be the only one who didn't think TNG was much to get excited about, I mean a Captain who is supposed to be French and speaks with an English accent? And Troy was as goofy as any character they ever created.

Then there is Voyager, who people I talk to say they disliked, not sure why, a female Captain (finally), and then there was Seven of Nine (yummy).
Doesnt seem that odd to me that a Frenchman would speak English with with a British accent.... After all, I watched 2 seasons of Rome, and it was there that I learned that the ancient Roman's not only spoke English with a British accent, they even LOOKED British! Apparently the ancient Egyptians also spoke English with a British accent, as did the ancient Spartans and even the Persians who they fought against! Yep, English obviously transcends all space and time..... Lol

Corny shows were great when I was little.
Family Affair
Waltons
Family
Bonanza

Even later in life some of that "family" genre hung in there:
House on the Prairie
One Day at a Time
Different Strokes
Benson
Fresh Prince of Belle Air

Dick Van Dyke did an exercise video for CBS This Morning to demonstrate his agility. He's 95.

Van Dyke’s book was titled “Keep Moving.”

I'm assuming it doesn't have to be currently running series, because if it did, I wouldn't have much to post. These are shows from as far back as when I was still of single-digit age. Not in any particular order of rank:

* Star Trek Next Gen
* The Wire
* The Virginian
* Happy Days(before it "jumped the shark", LOL)
* Three's Company
* The Venture Brothers
* Adventures of Rick & Morty
* The Sopranos(except last season)
* Carnivale
* Family Guy
* Rome
* Dukes of Hazzard
* Adventure Time With Finn & Jake
* The Walking Dead(first few seasons anyway).
* One Punch Man(1st 2 seasons)
* Deadwood(first 2 seasons)
* The Real World(first 2 seasons, definitely NOT the scripted and contrived later seasons)
* Breaking Bad(except end of final season)
* The Night Stalker
* What's Happening
* The Jeffersons
* Seinfeld
I FORGOT ABOUT THE NIGHT STALKER!!!! DARIN MCGAVIN (OF "A CHRISTMAS STORY" FAME). I LOVED THAT SHOW :)

This is a great video he did with The Dustbowl Revival. Showing off his dancing skills at 88 years old. Pretty smooth!

I still see Dick tripping over the ottoman, (IIRC,) in the intro to the Dick Van Dyke Show.

Westerns seems to be a popular genre, as I got good responses to your top 10 westerns.
Not too many responses though to your top 10 albums.
So - let's try TV series.

What are your top 10 TV series of all time?

For me:

Downton Abbey
800 Words
The Newsroom
All in the Family
Star Trek - the original
Cheers
Californication
Doctor Doctor
Mrs. Brown's Boys
Laugh In
"The Newsroom" Aaron Sorkin's dialog style always cracks me up.

Fawlty Towers
Judge Judy
The Andy Griffith Show
Dexter
Breaking Bad
Law and Order: Criminal Intent
The Expanse
Raised by Wolves
Columbo
Perry Mason
Matlock

Bonus points for Cheers and Newsroom.
FAWLTY TOWERS!!!! FORGOT ABOUT THAT ONE... I got near peeing myself laughing several times laughing at that show! John Cleese.. comic genius!

Hogan's Heroes
MASH
NYPD Blue
Hawaii 5-0 (both the old and the new)
West Wing
Barney Miller
Emergency!
Married...With Children
Rifleman
Baa Baa Black Sheep
You're a conservative and you like West Wing? Didn't it anger you with it's wokeness?

Doesnt seem that odd to me that a Frenchman would speak English with with a British accent.... After all, I watched 2 seasons of Rome, and it was there that I learned that the ancient Roman's not only spoke English with a British accent, they even LOOKED British! Apparently the ancient Egyptians also spoke English with a British accent, as did the ancient Spartans and even the Persians who they fought against! Yep, English obviously transcends all space and time..... Lol
Don't forget an English speaking Jesus who is blond and has blue eyes :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom