• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Youngkin signs executive orders banning critical race theory, lifting mask mandate in Virginia public schools

No the question should be why is the left so upset about it if was not happening?
Ask the left. I’m just laughing at the hypocrisy of the party of “limited government” once again advocating large government and over regulation.
So funny when people act like it is not happening!! 😜
So funny that you can’t show it happening, in any school, anywhere in the US.

you can research his source and see that CRT in school is a major discussion point. The VA law puts an end to that discussion before it grows.
It wasn't going to happen. It's a college level class.
At best you could have it as an elective in high school.

Lol, "already a lame duck". The 100% - personal wishful thinking only - aspect of that sentence is beyond silly. You have absolutely no idea how he'll be viewed or voted for over time. What a ludicrous sentence to write about any person who recently won an election and began serving a term - YESTERDAY.

He's useless with a Democratic senate in power. Either he governs like the moderate he was elected to be, or he will be irrelevant. His choice.

If you knew anything - anything thing at all about Virginia - you'd know that every Virginia governor is a lame duck. They are prohibited from serving consecutive terms.

Youngkin is even more of a lame duck because he has a senate that will put a halt to anything stupid him and his right wing cohorts would attempt.

So congrats on a symbolic victory. Oh, and I was fully aware of that regarding Virginia.

Ah okay, so CRT is just teaching about certain events and terms that make certain people uncomfortable (and what events and terms count as 'CRT' is up for debate). Since when was history supposed to be comfortable?
Culturally responsive teaching and social emotional learning DO exist in schools. There are tenets of Critical Race Theory in both. Even the NJSBA states that. And NJSBA states that teaching Critical Race Theory is not *required* in K-12, not that it isn’t allowed or is not being taught.

Parents became MORE aware of what students were being taught during 2020-2021 due to virtual learning because classrooms became virtual and parents overheard and saw what their children were being taught.

This repetitive "critical race theory was not/is not" being taught is a lie. If it wasn't being taught then the NJSBA would have said "critical race theory is not taught in schools". They didn't say that. Words matter, and a distinction such as "not required" matters.

Last edited:
I learned that Governors can issue signed executive orders. I didn't know that. Can city counsel administrators do that too? How about our mayor?

He's useless with a Democratic senate in power. Either he governs like the moderate he was elected to be, or he will be irrelevant. His choice.
I believe there is a VA state senate election in 2023, correct? For now, VA has a Democratic senate in power. His relevance and popularity among the people of VA is certainly yet to be determined. We just don't have much to go by yet, after just 1 day;)
But if it's your choice to view Youngkin as a lame duck governor, okay. I find it quite comical and that's okay too.

I believe there is a VA state senate election in 2023, correct? For now, VA has a Democratic senate in power. His relevance and popularity among the people of VA is certainly yet to be determined. We just don't have much to go by yet, after just 1 day;)
But if it's your choice to view Youngkin as a lame duck governor, okay. I find it quite comical and that's okay too.

We'll see what happens. VA isn't Texas. It's in his best interest to govern like a moderate, IMO.

Yay, Virginia harming kids and teachers, I bet they're proud!
Actually, it's just Loudon County School District who are harming kids. Just ask those 2 rape victims.

Speaking of which, the mushbrains' "investigation" into the incidents will never be seen by the public because they essentially classified it.

So, Virginia's new AG will just have to squeeze their balls until they scream "Uncle" and release it.

That doesnt sound right to me.
I dont believe that a Governor can just get out their pen and "ban" certain things from schools.
I can see a WHOLE LOTTA problems with that.
Like when some guy in Mississippi decides to "ban" evolution.
See, I dont believe what you're telling me.
🤷‍♀️

Per the CDC, there have been a total of 582 COVID deaths in the 5-18 age range. Nationwide. For the duration of the entire pandemic. Out of 75 million kids. And Omicron is substantially less deadly than Delta was. And most of those deaths were before vaccines were available to kids. And also I'm not saying kids can't wear the damn mask if they want to.

There's a lot in between death and asymptomatic, "totally fine, no problem" infection. COVID isn't just a respiratory infection; it's a vascular disease which further inflames already inflamed vessels and tissues.

There's a lot in between death and asymptomatic, "totally fine, no problem" infection. COVID isn't just a respiratory infection; it's a vascular disease which further inflames already inflamed vessels and tissues.
He didn’t make any rule that says you can’t vaccinate your child and/or have them wear a mask.

He did away with mask mandates for children to attend school.

He didn’t make any rule that says you can’t vaccinate your child and/or have them wear a mask.

Good, because that would be really, really odd.

He did away with mask mandates for children to attend school.

And I think he's wrong. Public health efforts to control a contagious virus aren't effective if you say that you don't have to comply if you don't want to. I wonder how that would work with other civic duties, like say "You don't have to pay your taxes if you don't want to. Your choice." Wonder how WWII would have turned out if the US government had said "Dear John Doe, You have been selected for active duty in the United States Army. Please report to Camp Lejeune -- if you want to."

Good, because that would be really, really odd.

And I think he's wrong. Public health efforts to control a contagious virus aren't effective if you say that you don't have to comply if you don't want to. I wonder how that would work with other civic duties, like say "You don't have to pay your taxes if you don't want to. Your choice." Wonder how WWII would have turned out if the US government had said "Dear John Doe, You have been selected for active duty in the United States Army. Please report to Camp Lejeune -- if you want to."
The majority of states do not have mask mandates for kids to attend school.

But they don't. So VA just joined the majority of states in the country where parents are free to make decisions for their own children.

Free to do what - infect other people with a harmful infection? Wow, gotta love freedumb. For the record, I'm not singling out Youngkin or Virginia. Ralph Northam essentially threw up his hands and quit on the stool, too, so this is not a 100% partisan issue, but I do think that there are far too many people who are anti-science and who refuse to be good citizens.

Crazy concept isn't it?

Nah, just stupid, low-IQ.

But they don't. So VA just joined the majority of states in the country where parents are free to make decisions for their own children. Crazy concept isn't it?

That question is yet to be settled. See Virginia has a law that says that schools are required to follow CDC Guidelines for in-person instruction. It was passed last March as Senate Bill 1303 and signed into law on March 30, 2021.

The Governor isn't empowered to issue EO's that conflict with state law and some school systems are already pushing back against the EO.

1642379310283.png

That question is yet to be settled. See Virginia has a law that says that schools are required to follow CDC Guidelines for in-person instruction. It was passed last March as Senate Bill 1303 and signed into law on March 30, 2021.

The Governor isn't empowered to issue EO's that conflict with state law and some school systems are already pushing back against the EO.

View attachment 67369574
You realize there is a difference between a *mandate* and individuals making their own choice, correct?

The majority of states do NOT have mask mandates for in-school instruction.

I ask for context and you melt away like a snowflake. If you cannot provide the context then just admit it.
Um, yeah, NO....

You appear to have no argument other than to resort to the usual hyperbole and name-calling.

I see a bigger political future for Youngkin in the years to come.

Good to see some agree with my post above.

Like all of our elected, we'll see if he delivers on the majority of what he has promised while campaigning.
I must say though, he seems to be off to a winning start.

Good to see some agree with my post above.

Like all of our elected, we'll see if he delivers on the majority of what he has promised while campaigning.
I must say though, he seems to be off to a winning start.
So is Miyares. He's cleaned house and further, if Soros-owned DAs don't prosecute crimes, he will.

Back
Top Bottom