• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

You may not like Trump personally, but look what he has done for the economy

You support the slime Trump, you don't get to say "f'ing amazing!" unchecked! Jesus!:rolleyes:

You have zero idea of who or what I support, but keep on thinking you do.

Answer me this, what does Trumps leadership or non leadership have ANYYTHING TO DO WITH, the Govenor's decisions to do in their states, ie, Cuomo shipping infected patients back to nursing homes, or Newsome locking down his state etc,

Do you think they ran it by Trump first?
Douchey promised to open up slowly, follow the ASU group analysis back in April. He had placed restaurant/non-essential closures in March. The Orange Asshole visited in late April. Douche totally reverses policy, fires the ASU group, demands they return all data (they were working for free!), ends closures....and Maricopa Co experiences one of the biggest spikes in infections IN THE US, resulting in the bulk of the over 3,000 deaths.

Douchey promised to open up slowly, follow the ASU group analysis back in April. He had placed restaurant/non-essential closures in March. The Orange Asshole visited in late April. Douche totally reverses policy, fires the ASU group, demands they return all data (they were working for free!), ends closures....and Maricopa Co experiences one of the biggest spikes in infections IN THE US, resulting in the bulk of the over 3,000 deaths.

And in your world, that's all on Trump...not the guy without a backbone? Interesting.

And in your world, that's all on Trump...not the guy without a backbone? Interesting.
Asks if the Orange Asshole has any influence on Guv's covid policies, gets a perfect example, whines falsely that I'm totally blaming the Orange Asshole.

Even when you have your own words quoted in the response, you can't remember them ...AND....not comprehend what I wrote with any degree of accuracy. But then again, I was expecting WAY TOO MUCH from you. I need to keep that in check, not forget whom I am responding to.

I'm not disappointed in you, it is totally my fault in getting my hopes up. Carry on.

Asks if the Orange Asshole has any influence on Guv's covid policies, gets a perfect example, whines falsely that I'm totally blaming the Orange Asshole.

Even when you have your own words quoted in the response, you can't remember them ...AND....not comprehend what I wrote with any degree of accuracy. But then again, I was expecting WAY TOO MUCH from you. I need to keep that in check, not forget whom I am responding to.

I'm not disappointed in you, it is totally my fault in getting my hopes up. Carry on.

I get it, you are so pissed Trump is President you can't think straight....that's what that world salad above is.

I get it, you are so pissed Trump is President you can't think straight....that's what that world salad above is.
I know you are totally clueless on how Douchey reversed course in AZ, I wouldn't expect you to know ANYTHING about it....but....the point remains, from all evidence we have on Douchey's decision timeline, it is obvious the Orange Asshole did have a more than significant effect.

You can choose to research it yourself....or you can take the easy path and continue your goalpost moves....away from defending your claim the Orange Asshole has no responsibilities from any aspect on state policies regarding covid counter-measures.....to.......attempting to make this about my being "pissed". The fact that many AZ citizens died needlessly because Douchey reversed course when we had the spread somewhat under control should be plenty of reason to be "pissed", most REASONABLE human beings should be upset anytime that happens.

But again, I forgot to whom I am talking to, it is my fault for expecting reasonable, rational debate.
Again, carry on.

I know you are totally clueless on how Douchey reversed course in AZ, I wouldn't expect you to know ANYTHING about it....but....the point remains, from all evidence we have on Douchey's decision timeline, it is obvious the Orange Asshole did have a more than significant effect.

You can choose to research it yourself....or you can take the easy path and continue your goalpost moves....away from defending your claim the Orange Asshole has no responsibilities from any aspect on state policies regarding covid counter-measures.....to.......attempting to make this about my being "pissed". The fact that many AZ citizens died needlessly because Douchey reversed course when we had the spread somewhat under control should be plenty of reason to be "pissed", most REASONABLE human beings should be upset anytime that happens.

But again, I forgot to whom I am talking to, it is my fault for expecting reasonable, rational debate.
Again, carry on.

Completely clueless on AZ, I will give you that, regardless, I know that governor had a choice to make, he apparently chose wrong, and there's only one person responsible for that.....you say that from all evidence you have....its Trumps fault....but the evidence you have.....is that Trump was there, then the governor made his choice, that's literally your evidence. That's called speculation.

GDP growth 2016: 1.7%
GDP growth today: -3.8% (note the negative sign)

The unemployment rate 2016: 4.7%
The unemployment rate today: 8.4%

Budget Deficit 2016: $587 Billion
Budget Deficit today: $3,300 Billion

National Debt 2016: $19 Trillion
National Debt today: $26 Trillion

Annual Trade Deficit 2016: $502.3 Billion
Annual Trade Deficit today: $616.8 Billion

The economy was empirically better off when Joe Biden was in the White House.

So you are holding Trump personally responsible for the coronavirus happening?

So you are holding Trump personally responsible for the coronavirus happening?

No, but I do hold him responsible for his response to it. Other countries also had to deal with COVID-19, but still have positive growth. The E.U., China, and Taiwan for example.

For the sake of argument though, lets suppose we give President Trump a pass on the pandemic, since he didn't realize that he would have to deal with some challenges when he made all those promises about how great he would make our economy.

His economic failures long predated the virus.

Job growth, GDP growth, eliminating trade deficits, shrinking the budget deficit, and eliminating the national debt, were Trump's answers to everything related to the economy during his campaign and during the debates.

Job growth was slower every single year even before the pandemic. GDP growth hasn't been at the 5% he promised, or even the 4% that he says was too low since 2014. Not a single quarter since he took office. The budget deficit was higher every single year even before the pandemic. Our trade deficit was higher every single year even before the pandemic. Our national debt was higher every single year, even before the pandemic.

Trump promised to balance the budget. He failed, even before the pandemic. He promised to reduce the trade deficit. He failed, even before the pandemic. He promised to reduce the national debt. He failed, even before the pandemic.

To top it all off, after all these failures to follow through on his campaign promises, he gives himself an "A+" for the "tremendous job" he's done.

Our economy is worse off by nearly every metric now than it was before Donald Trump took office.

Completely clueless on AZ, I will give you that, regardless, I know that governor had a choice to make, he apparently chose wrong, and there's only one person responsible for that.....you say that from all evidence you have....its Trumps fault....but the evidence you have.....is that Trump was there, then the governor made his choice, that's literally your evidence. That's called speculation.
I knew from the beginning that your response would be simplistic denial because you are, admittedly, totally ignorant on what happened in AZ....and yet....you have the temerity to claim the Orange Asshole had NO, ZERO influence on Douchey's decision.

It is typical, it is expected....and it is what you do, argue often from a position of ignorance. And again, it is my fault for expecting more than that.

Carry on.

I knew from the beginning that your response would be simplistic denial because you are, admittedly, totally ignorant on what happened in AZ....and yet....you have the temerity to claim the Orange Asshole had NO, ZERO influence on Douchey's decision.

It is typical, it is expected....and it is what you do, argue often from a position of ignorance. And again, it is my fault for expecting more than that.

Carry on.

Please tell me where I said he had NO or ZERO influence....I can wait.

Trump inherited the Obama economy. That's why we're at were we are today.

What did Trump do? Cut taxes for the rich?

Please tell me where I said he had NO or ZERO influence....I can wait.
It is implicit in all of your responses, but especially made manifest when you say:

"there's only one person responsible for that (governors choice)"

I hope I did not keep you waiting too long so that you forget again what your point was.....that the Orange Asshole has no influence on governors decisions.

Ok, Ok, maybe economy isn't great thanks to his mismanagement of COVID and all the other stuff, but think of all the great things Trump got us

- threw out all those terrible Obama regulations that required companies to contribute to cleaning up our air and water and to fight global warming

- threw out all those terrible post-Global-Recession regulations to try to prevent it from happening again as well as fiduciary rule making it a requirement for financial advisors' interests to be aligned with their clients

- got all those great tax cuts for the 0.1% and for the corporations so they could buy up all those stocks to have a great stock market!

- only 200,000 dead after the 15 cases that would go to nothing if Deep State would just stop testing already!

- Russia is finally our ally! Well, Trump's ally - we might have a Trump tower in Moscow even! Would not that be a US crowning achievement?
You have simply seized on the last years economic woes based on a pandemic that is no fault of the President. The numbers you ignore are the stock market, the unemployment rate, the rise in household income, the rise in job numbers, and all those numbers are improved for every demographic. Those as well as the buildup of the military, we forced NATO nations to pay their 'fair share" as well as the UN nations. We got out of several poorly negotiated treaty such as the Paris Accords, which put little to no restrictions on China, India, Russia and left us with a heavy burden to fix "climate change" at tremendous expense to the US and little to others. We got out of the Iran deal which handed them billions, allowed them to pursue nuclear weapons and gave us nothing but a delay in return.
The current state of the country is due to a democrat party which has never accepted the result of the 2016 election, which has made up accusations that were either not proven or were proven to be totally false. Trump is no saint, but he had the country on the right road despite the democrats working to interfere with everything he attempted. The country will bounce back with Trump, the economy which is still strong will get even stronger, taxes will not go up and our nation will have a reliable SCOTUS that rules cases according to how the law in written and not by how some liberal thinks he/she would like it to be. The nations problems are that our leaders are not working together. Democrats lost the election and immediately set out to remove the President. That more than any other one thing created an ever deeper divide in our country.

No, but I do hold him responsible for his response to it. Other countries also had to deal with COVID-19, but still have positive growth. The E.U., China, and Taiwan for example.

GDP growth for the EU is down like 8% last time I checked. China is doing well, but it has huge growth to begin with. It also took authoritarian measures that aren't possible in democratic countries. Taiwan does have positive growth, but it is an isolated island that didn't get many covid cases relative to other developed nations. Their people also have a different culture about masks and conformity than Americans.

GDP growth hasn't been at the 5% he promised, or even the 4% that he says was too low since 2014.

The economy was actually pretty good before the pandemic. It was his best selling point, whether or not he was all that responsible. It was better than under Obama. Economists usually expect GDP growth to decline as economic expansions continue. They were expecting GDP growth average below 2% during Trump. Instead, it actually increased. Problem is that you don't want too much growth during expansions because it makes recessions worse.

eliminating trade deficits,
He promised to reduce the trade deficit. He failed, even before the pandemic. Our trade deficit was higher every single year even before the pandemic.

His claim about eliminating the trade deficit was a lie and wasn't ever going to happen. At best, it would have taken a long time to adjust our trade deals with other countries that would be resisting this. Also, during times of economic growth, we always see an explosion in the trade deficit. He would have been lucky if it stayed the same.

shrinking the budget deficit
Trump promised to balance the budget. He failed, even before the pandemic. Not a single quarter since he took office. The budget deficit was higher every single year even before the pandemic.

I agree that he definitely broke his promise on the deficit and he didn't even try to shrink it. But democrats didn't care about the deficit either. I don't think Congress would have passed a bill that would have reduced the deficit.

and eliminating the national debt,
He promised to reduce the national debt. He failed, even before the pandemic. Our national debt was higher every single year, even before the pandemic.

There is no way that we would have paid off a 20 trillion deficit in 20 year. This is another lie on his part and would never have happened. Instead of paying it off, we should get let inflation shrink its value.

Job growth was slower every single year even before the pandemic.

But that is to be expected when we reach full employed. When we have an unemployment rate of 3.7%, its hard to add jobs at the same rate.

Our economy is worse off by nearly every metric now than it was before Donald Trump took office.

I think you are holding the president responsible for everything that happens to the economy. This is a fallacy the Trump supporters committed when the economy was good.

It is implicit in all of your responses, but especially made manifest when you say:

"there's only one person responsible for that (governors choice)"

I hope I did not keep you waiting too long so that you forget again what your point was.....that the Orange Asshole has no influence on governors decisions.

Holy shit, you didn't realize I was talking about the governor himself, did you?

Holy shit, you didn't realize I was talking about the governor himself, did you?
Holly shit, the entire conversation, the one YOU started, is all about INFLUENCING DECISIONS.

Like I said, you continually forget what YOUR point was, what the ARGUMENT is.
Allow me to requote you AGAIN;

"what does Trumps leadership or non leadership have ANYYTHING (sic) TO DO WITH, the Govenor's (sic) decisions to do in their states "

For once in your posting history, try to remember YOUR OWN ARGUMENT........mkay?

You have simply seized on the last years economic woes based on a pandemic that is no fault of the President. The numbers you ignore are the stock market, the unemployment rate, the rise in household income, the rise in job numbers, and all those numbers are improved for every demographic. Those as well as the buildup of the military, we forced NATO nations to pay their 'fair share" as well as the UN nations. We got out of several poorly negotiated treaty such as the Paris Accords, which put little to no restrictions on China, India, Russia and left us with a heavy burden to fix "climate change" at tremendous expense to the US and little to others. We got out of the Iran deal which handed them billions, allowed them to pursue nuclear weapons and gave us nothing but a delay in return.
The current state of the country is due to a democrat party which has never accepted the result of the 2016 election, which has made up accusations that were either not proven or were proven to be totally false. Trump is no saint, but he had the country on the right road despite the democrats working to interfere with everything he attempted. The country will bounce back with Trump, the economy which is still strong will get even stronger, taxes will not go up and our nation will have a reliable SCOTUS that rules cases according to how the law in written and not by how some liberal thinks he/she would like it to be. The nations problems are that our leaders are not working together. Democrats lost the election and immediately set out to remove the President. That more than any other one thing created an ever deeper divide in our country.

1. Pandemic response where 4% of world population (us) has 20%+ deaths is certainly thanks to Trump and Trump policies on LACK of testing, LACK of PPE when we needed it, and most importantly spread of MISINFORMATION resulting in 30%-40% of our population believing virus is no big deal. With that it's MUCH harder to control the pandemic spread and that's why we are in the worst shape of most countries. So as a consequence the BAD economy we find ourselves in as a result of pandemic is ALSO his fault.

2. Stock market highs is just a result of companies spending their new-found wealth thanks to Trump tax cuts on buying back stocks.

3. Other economic "achievements" are on the back of our DEBT and HEALTH and FINANCIAL RISKS going forward and nothing else. It's like spending on credit card and believing you have a great month while not worrying about all the debt you'll have to pay. And I already covered all those terrible deregulations that also helped the economy under Trump but that future generations will pay for in their health (thanks to environmental rollbacks) and more rip offs by financial industry and other businesses (e.g. we gutted our consumer protection agency).

4. In case you did not know, China, Russia, India and almost everyone else is part of Paris Accord. I know your propaganda sources don't want to mention it but both Russian and China reaffirmed their commitments after US Trump decided to leave.

5. Iran deal was great. You have no idea what you are talking about. NOW, under Trump, they are free to pursue NUKE development and stated that much too.

6. We could go on, but I know you are a Cultist, so I am wasting the keystrokes...

Holly shit, the entire conversation, the one YOU started, is all about INFLUENCING DECISIONS.

Like I said, you continually forget what YOUR point was, what the ARGUMENT is.
Allow me to requote you AGAIN;

"what does Trumps leadership or non leadership have ANYYTHING (sic) TO DO WITH, the Govenor's (sic) decisions to do in their states "

For once in your posting history, try to remember YOUR OWN ARGUMENT........mkay?

Wanna make sure I get this straight, you think Trump came through AZ on a stump visit, and talked the Governor into doing something stupid, which the Governor wasn't predisposed to do ? Interesting, I mean, possible....just like it's possible I won the lottery tonight....

GDP growth for the EU is down like 8% last time I checked. China is doing well, but it has huge growth to begin with. It also took authoritarian measures that aren't possible in democratic countries. Taiwan does have positive growth, but it is an isolated island that didn't get many covid cases relative to other developed nations. Their people also have a different culture about masks and conformity than Americans.

I don't disagree with any of that. My point is that the US hasn't fared too well in comparison to a number of other countries during the pandemic, contrary to the protestations from the President.

The economy was actually pretty good before the pandemic. It was his best selling point, whether or not he was all that responsible. It was better than under Obama. Economists usually expect GDP growth to decline as economic expansions continue. They were expecting GDP growth average below 2% during Trump. Instead, it actually increased. Problem is that you don't want too much growth during expansions because it makes recessions worse.

I don't see that the economy was better than it was under Obama. Certainly going by the metrics that Trump campaigned on, we never saw more than 3.8% GDP growth, whereas he assured us of 5% and above. Last time we saw 5% was in Q2 and Q3 of 2014 under Obama. He also made trade deficits, budget deficits, and the national debt staples of his campaign, so I think it only fair to evaluate him on what he said he would accomplish.

When someone accidentally hits the bullseye while aiming for the outer bull, I don't attribute it to skill.

His claim about eliminating the trade deficit was a lie and wasn't ever going to happen. At best, it would have taken a long time to adjust our trade deals with other countries that would be resisting this. Also, during times of economic growth, we always see an explosion in the trade deficit. He would have been lucky if it stayed the same.

I agree that he definitely broke his promise on the deficit and he didn't even try to shrink it. But democrats didn't care about the deficit either. I don't think Congress would have passed a bill that would have reduced the deficit.

There is no way that we would have paid off a 20 trillion deficit in 20 year. This is another lie on his part and would never have happened. Instead of paying it off, we should get let inflation shrink its value.

I agree on all points.

But that is to be expected when we reach full employed. When we have an unemployment rate of 3.7%, its hard to add jobs at the same rate.

True, but promising to add lots more jobs was a cornerstone of his campaign.

I think you are holding the president responsible for everything that happens to the economy. This is a fallacy the Trump supporters committed when the economy was good.

He was the one who gave himself credit for everything that happened to the economy. His supporters bought the line that he was responsible for everything that happened to the economy.

All I said was that "our economy is worse off by nearly every metric now than it was before Donald Trump took office" which is entirely true. Those who believe that the President is wholly responsible for the successes and failures of the economy can make of that what they will.

Wanna make sure I get this straight
I went ahead and reposted your own argument, where you question whether the Orange Asshole has any influence on governor's decisions on covid policy......and yet you still are not sure what your own argument was.

Your frigging posts, a reflection of your intellect, are increadibly pathetic.

you think Trump came through AZ on a stump visit,
Stump, the action of promoting a cause....sure...the Orange Asshole at that time was stumping to get the economy opened up, to get governors to end their shutdowns.

and talked the Governor into doing something stupid, which the Governor wasn't predisposed to do ?
It was, by definition, STUPID.

Interesting, I mean, possible....just like it's possible I won the lottery tonight....
Speaking in the past tense about an event in the future....is stupid.

Ok, Ok, maybe economy isn't great thanks to his mismanagement of COVID and all the other stuff, but think of all the great things Trump got us

- threw out all those terrible Obama regulations that required companies to contribute to cleaning up our air and water and to fight global warming

- threw out all those terrible post-Global-Recession regulations to try to prevent it from happening again as well as fiduciary rule making it a requirement for financial advisors' interests to be aligned with their clients

- got all those great tax cuts for the 0.1% and for the corporations so they could buy up all those stocks to have a great stock market!

- only 200,000 dead after the 15 cases that would go to nothing if Deep State would just stop testing already!

- Russia is finally our ally! Well, Trump's ally - we might have a Trump tower in Moscow even! Would not that be a US crowning achievement?
And don't forget, when President Obama was around we were the acknowledged leader of the free world, now we don't have to worry about that responsibility!

I don't disagree with any of that. My point is that the US hasn't fared too well in comparison to a number of other countries during the pandemic, contrary to the protestations from the President.

Can you show that the US hasn't fared well compared to other developed nations in terms of unemployment rate and GDP growth? These countries also locked down which caused damage too.

I don't see that the economy was better than it was under Obama.

Obama first term GDP growth
2009: Leaving this out to be fair
2010: 2.6%
2011: 1.6%
2012: 2.2%
Average: 2.13%

Obama second term GDP growth:
2013: 1.8%
2014: 2.5%
2015: 2.9%
2016: 1.6%
Average: 2.2%

Trump first term:
2017: 2.4%
2018: 2.9%
2019: 2.3%
2020: Leaving this out to be fair
Average: 2.53%

Certainly going by the metrics that Trump campaigned on, we never saw more than 3.8% GDP growth, whereas he assured us of 5% and above. Last time we saw 5% was in Q2 and Q3 of 2014 under Obama. He also made trade deficits, budget deficits, and the national debt staples of his campaign, so I think it only fair to evaluate him on what he said he would accomplish.

Trump made a bunch of unrealistic promises that not even the best president had any chance of achieving. But Obama did the same thing in 2008. Just watch one of his old campaign speeches. Its the voters' fault for believing this stuff every time.

When someone accidentally hits the bullseye while aiming for the outer bull, I don't attribute it to skill.

The booming economy was very predictable. The deficit increased from 500 billion to 1 trillion every year. That is a lot of money being borrowed and injected into the economy. Part of that was tax cuts for big businesses. The government also didn't raise interest very much like they were supposed to. As a result, GDP growth averaged 2.5% under Trump instead of less than 2% if we hadn't done all that. Trump and Republicans were responsible for this growth.

Problem is that you don't want all this government-fueled booming growth during expansions. People, the government, and businesses will start taking on larger debts in anticipation of future growth. People will spend more money on stuff they don't need (e.g. $200 air pods). The stock market and the housing market will become inflated. Also, the national debt will just grow out of control if it doesn't decline relative to GDP during good times. When the crash happens, it will be a lot more severe and the government will have less room to help the economy.

During booming times, you want to tamper down growth. You want to raise interest rates. Make taking on debts harder. Raise taxes, and cut government spending. That way, we start recessions with a balanced budget, can raise interest rates a lot, and cut taxes, and raise spending to increase the economy. People will be more accustomed to living within their means. As a result, the economy will be more stable and shift less wildly from expansion to contraction. Stability is good for long-term growth, business, and individuals.

He was the one who gave himself credit for everything that happened to the economy. His supporters bought the line that he was responsible for everything that happened to the economy.

All I said was that "our economy is worse off by nearly every metric now than it was before Donald Trump took office" which is entirely true. Those who believe that the President is wholly responsible for the successes and failures of the economy can make of that what they will.

This fallacy that the president is responsible for everything that happens is a fallacy that both sides make when it is convenient for them. Its is the responsibility of more intelligent people like you and I to not make this fallacy, even when other people do, and even when it is very convenient. Trump is partially responsible for some stuff, but not completely.

Can you show that the US hasn't fared well compared to other developed nations in terms of unemployment rate and GDP growth? These countries also locked down which caused damage too.

Here is a comparison across both economic outcomes and health outcomes.

Obama first term GDP growth...

GDP growth is a single metric, and 2.53% against 2.2% isn't much of a difference. Not compared with the 5%+ we were promised. Now factor in budget deficits, trade deficits, cost of living and wage growth, and see where that leaves us for the economy as a whole.

Trump made a bunch of unrealistic promises that not even the best president had any chance of achieving. But Obama did the same thing in 2008. Just watch one of his old campaign speeches. Its the voters' fault for believing this stuff every time.

I know. I have also been critical of Obama's failed campaign promises.

I disagree that it is the voters' fault for believing. It is the voters' fault for permitting it, and then making excuses for them as long as they are on their 'team.'

When you hire someone who promises to deliver a product, it shouldn't be unreasonable to expect them to deliver the product that they said they would deliver. And when they fail to deliver, they should be held accountable for their failures. I would much rather work with someone who promises less but who actually delivers.

The booming economy was very predictable. The deficit increased from 500 billion to 1 trillion every year. That is a lot of money being borrowed and injected into the economy. Part of that was tax cuts for big businesses. The government also didn't raise interest very much like they were supposed to. As a result, GDP growth averaged 2.5% under Trump instead of less than 2% if we hadn't done all that. Trump and Republicans were responsible for this growth.

Problem is that you don't want all this government-fueled booming growth during expansions. People, the government, and businesses will start taking on larger debts in anticipation of future growth. People will spend more money on stuff they don't need (e.g. $200 air pods). The stock market and the housing market will become inflated. Also, the national debt will just grow out of control if it doesn't decline relative to GDP during good times. When the crash happens, it will be a lot more severe and the government will have less room to help the economy.

During booming times, you want to tamper down growth. You want to raise interest rates. Make taking on debts harder. Raise taxes, and cut government spending. That way, we start recessions with a balanced budget, can raise interest rates a lot, and cut taxes, and raise spending to increase the economy. People will be more accustomed to living within their means. As a result, the economy will be more stable and shift less wildly from expansion to contraction. Stability is good for long-term growth, business, and individuals.

You aren't wrong.

As an aside, I don't really see how the "increase-the-deficit-to-inject-into-the-economy" party is supposed to be the "conservative" party.

This fallacy that the president is responsible for everything that happens is a fallacy that both sides make when it is convenient for them. Its is the responsibility of more intelligent people like you and I to not make this fallacy, even when other people do, and even when it is very convenient. Trump is partially responsible for some stuff, but not completely.

What the President is responsible for is making outlandish boasts, failing to follow through on them, and failing to acknowledge any of his own failures. That is what I am holding him accountable for.

As for our economy, my posts are not meant to arbitrate exactly how much responsibility the president bears for the economy. I leave that to the discretion of the reader. Those who believe the President single-handedly gave us the very greatest economy this nation has ever seen are welcome to follow that logic to see that he single-handedly wrecked our economy as well. Those who consider that the President isn't entirely responsible for our economic troubles are welcome to consider that he was also not entirely to credit for our economic successes.

Back
Top Bottom