• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

You don't speak for me Cindy.

Calm2Chaos said:
Gimmie a break. reporting of the war to this degree is unprecedented. Never before have we had realtime coverage of this magnitude. Your seeing more now then you ever did. And the truth is if there are 100 good things going on you can gaurantee that the news will show the one bad. The amazing slant to network news is almost astounding if it wasn't so evident. It is there to feed in to the anti-america, anti-bush, anti-military feelings. You should not have full coverage of everything going on in a war. There are things you can't see. If you see them then the enemy sees them. You try to keep certain tactical advantages to yourself.

If there was this kind of coverage in 1776, we'd still be giving England taxes on our tea...

cnredd said:
If there was this kind of coverage in 1776, we'd still be giving England taxes on our tea...

And the same people would be bitching we were treating the redcoats unfairly. And that the whole things is our fault anyway. :roll:

vandree said:
Both sides (Conservatives and liberals) should be out there asking questions and demanding answers. Everyone should be outraged and angry for being lied to and manipulated. War is not a videogame in Iraq: it is real. And people are dying, and suffering for real while Bush takes his vacation.

Good post...I couldn't agree more.

We were all led to believe this war would be a 'cakewalk.' It is another failure of the Bush administration to properly plan for the aftermath.

Because of Bush's lack of foresight and refusal to increase the troop levels to maintain a better degree of security, Cindy Sheehan lost her son.

We sent our young soldiers over there without even equipping them with body armor and re-enforced humvees.

We sneak coffins back into the country in the dead of night and hear continuous lies about how well things are going in Iraq, yet reports are predicting that this month of August could very well be the bloodiest yet in the Iraq war....this is not progress.

I applaud Cindy for bringing the complacency of this war to the forefront. We sit here in the U.S. and go about our daily routines, immune from the horror of Iraq.

This country needs Cindy, and more like her.

Hoot said:
Good post...I couldn't agree more.

We were all led to believe this war would be a 'cakewalk.' It is another failure of the Bush administration to properly plan for the aftermath.

Because of Bush's lack of foresight and refusal to increase the troop levels to maintain a better degree of security, Cindy Sheehan lost her son.

We sent our young soldiers over there without even equipping them with body armor and re-enforced humvees.

We sneak coffins back into the country in the dead of night and hear continuous lies about how well things are going in Iraq, yet reports are predicting that this month of August could very well be the bloodiest yet in the Iraq war....this is not progress.

I applaud Cindy for bringing the complacency of this war to the forefront. We sit here in the U.S. and go about our daily routines, immune from the horror of Iraq.

This country needs Cindy, and more like her.

I agree with Most of that sentiment, however, Cindy Sheehan's son knew he could die in the line of duty. I deeply sympathize with anyone who lost a loved-one anywhere, especially in this false war. I think if she felt so strongly about this war then, she probably should have urged her son not to go, not protest W's decision After the fact.

Her son and most of their family disagreed with her......He felt the war in Iraq was right and even re enlisted while in country........Unlike his mother he was a true patriot and I believe a great American.....May he rest in peace..

Even before he was killed she was a partisan democrat and voted for Kerry in the 2004 election......There has never been a question of her politics but it is not even about her son anymore...........That is just and excuse to slam the President on Israel and other issues........

She is fooling very few people and her act is growing state and she knows it.........

Navy Pride said:
She is fooling very few people and her act is growing state and she knows it.........

It might be growing stale too....

Thanks for the update on the tour, NavyPride! I talked to the organizers at the Texas Military Families Foundation (Ft. Hood) and seems there will be a contingent going to Crawford from there as well (some are already there).

They need donations of water, sunscreen, chairs, tents and food. For those that can't make it in person (with a few needed supplies), you can make a donation to the Texas Military Families Foundation (PM me for the address).

I hope there's a good showing (thousands) :)

Back
Top Bottom