• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

yes we can

curisz

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
YouTube - Yes We Can - Barack Obama Music Video

The difference between Barack and Hillary is simple. Hillary sees the presidency as a job for her to do. Barack sees it as the fulcrum of a movement led by the American people. There policy prescriptions may be similar, but their ideas on leadership and how government should work are light years apart. Hillary wants the power for herself. Barack wants to empower each of us.

Enjoy the video.

Good video. It is exactly what he is saying all along with a nice tune. Hehe had to listen 3x. :cool:

The presidency should have nothing to do with color. Sometimes when I hear him speak and even seeing this video, that is all I hear and see and that saddens me. Should I vote for him simply because he is a black person? We need to prove to the world that we are no longer discriminatory against persons of color or gender. But at any cost?

I love the idea of change. We need change, but change to *what* exactly? The only thing I have heard from him, honestly, is that his Health Care is different than Hillarys.

He seems a lot of "it would be cool if" with a mess of buzzwords and polished responses but without much substance.

Gunna play that vid again... it is catchy. :mrgreen:

Thank you, there indeed appears to be substance there. He doesn't seem to talk about that substance when he speaks. lol

However, I just wholeheartedly disagree with his position on just about every topic presented. I believe in individual liberties, his ideas for civil rights will exacerbate the problem. Minorities are not the only ones with disenfranchised votes.

Shine Light on Earmarks and Pork Barrel Spending: Obama's Transparency and Integrity in Earmarks Act will shed light on all earmarks by disclosing the name of the legislator who asked for each earmark, along with a written justification, 72 hours before they can be approved by the full Senate.
Congress makes the rules on how they conduct business - not the president. There are quite a few of these ideas to nowhere in his message. Sounds damn good though.

Thank you, there indeed appears to be substance there. He doesn't seem to talk about that substance when he speaks. lol

However, I just wholeheartedly disagree with his position on just about every topic presented. I believe in individual liberties, his ideas for civil rights will exacerbate the problem. Minorities are not the only ones with disenfranchised votes.

Shine Light on Earmarks and Pork Barrel Spending: Obama's Transparency and Integrity in Earmarks Act will shed light on all earmarks by disclosing the name of the legislator who asked for each earmark, along with a written justification, 72 hours before they can be approved by the full Senate.

Congress makes the rules on how they conduct business - not the president. There are quite a few of these ideas to nowhere in his message. Sounds damn good though.

Yes, but if he pushes that legislation how can congress get away from it? Who wants to tell their constituents "No, i don't want you to know where I'm spending your money"? When Obama and Coburn got the google for government deal passed, it was secretly stifled by leadership in both parties at first, but once it came to light and the bloggers started calling them on it, they had no choice but to let it get voted on, and congress had no choice but to pass it nearly unanimously. A lot of congress is against transparency and ethics reform, but noone wants to be KNOWN as against transparency and ethics reform.

Back
Top Bottom