• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yes, voter fraud is VERY real. Here are some of the MANY cases, with documentation

but the precious and Renfield vote by mail.

You're happy with a 1/50th success rate?

Other states have all mail-in systems. Colorado's just happens to be the gold standard. The other states could run the same system Colorado has and have a great mail-in system.

Even you must know by now that there was nothing to either of these progressive left conspiracy theories pedaled by the MSM to the lemmings who continue to follow them into the abyss.

So you think the same guys that can't run a local mayoral race are going to be able to properly handle mail-in ballots for the Presidential election? It doesn't have to be a conspiracy to make the prospect of millions more mail in ballots being handled by incompetent government employees frightening. If these guys can't run a mayoral race how are you going to have any assurance that the vote is accurate regardless of which way it goes?

OK, if you don't trust mail in ballots, should we cancel the mail in ballots for the military, or Trump's family, or Trump, since there's no way to ensure against fraud?

Or maybe it's OK if some people vote by mail, but not others. How should society decide that?

OK, if you don't trust mail in ballots, should we cancel the mail in ballots for the military, or Trump's family, or Trump, since there's no way to ensure against fraud?

Or maybe it's OK if some people vote by mail, but not others. How should society decide that?

The key words are "millions of more" mail-in ballots. In states like Nevada, where the liberal governor and legislature have decided to make this option available to everyone, there is no infrastructure available to deal with this. It will result in delays and potential fraud that may cause the election results to remain in question for weeks.

Georgia Reveals Double-Voting Cases But No Evidence Of Malign Intentions : NPR

Georgia's top election official sounded the alarm Tuesday because he said 1,000 people voted twice in the state's elections so far this year — although when pressed, he acknowledged he didn't know whether any of them did so intentionally.

"The way that [Raffensperger] is phrasing it makes it sound like [voters are] doing it maliciously," said Tammy Patrick, a former Arizona election official and now a senior adviser for Democracy Fund. "I think that what they will find in their investigation is that voters were trying to make sure they cast a ballot that counted."

Raffensperger added that the double votes did not sway any election results, and he promised that similar issues would not occur in November's general election.

So it could very well be a case of people having mailed out ballots, but showing up to vote to ensure that their vote is counted. Additionally, these "double votes" did not sway any election results. Additionally:

The secretary of state's office said even if someone votes twice, Georgia's voting system is designed to count only one vote from one person. Part of the state's investigation will determine if county officials properly followed that procedure or if some of the double votes were not caught.

It seems that Georgia's system is set up to catch anything like this and count each person's vote only once.

Voter Fraud: Georgia Voters Face Prosecution | National Review

Would one of you fine people inform the Georgia SOS that voter fraud isn’t happening before he sends 1000 people (58% of them Democrats) to prison?

Interesting. As the article points out, all they did was what the President of the United States urged voters to do in North Carolina. I hope you're not suggesting that these people did something wrong by following the advice of our Dear Leader President!!

The key words are "millions of more" mail-in ballots. In states like Nevada, where the liberal governor and legislature have decided to make this option available to everyone, there is no infrastructure available to deal with this. It will result in delays and potential fraud that may cause the election results to remain in question for weeks.

You didn't answer my questions. :roll:

Other states have all mail-in systems. Colorado's just happens to be the gold standard. The other states could run the same system Colorado has and have a great mail-in system.

could a, would a, should a! A mess in the making!

Interesting. As the article points out, all they did was what the President of the United States urged voters to do in North Carolina. I hope you're not suggesting that these people did something wrong by following the advice of our Dear Leader President!!
Only 42% of them, maybe.

Only 42% of them, maybe.

Is it wrong or not to do what the President told voters to do, which is vote absentee then show up and try to vote again?

Doesn't matter if they're registered as Democrats or Republicans - yes or no?

You didn't answer my questions. :roll:

There has been a system in place for absentee voting for the military, expatriates, politicians, etc. for many years. The problems arise when localities decide for political expediency to wholesale the practice of online voting when the infrastructure is not in place to handle it.

"During the state’s primary in June, 1,000 Georgia voters successfully voted twice, Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger announced Tuesday.

The 1,000 Georgia residents cast votes by absentee ballot and then went in person to polling places on June 9 and voted again, Raffensperger said, adding that they will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Of the 1,000 voters who voted twice, 58 percent requested Democratic ballots, according to Raffensperger’s office. Georgia does not offer the option to affiliate with a political party during voter registration, meaning voters who wish to vote in primary elections must request either a Republican or Democratic ballot. ..."
Voter Fraud: Georgia Voters Face Prosecution | National Review

"Society" has "decide(d)", (as I cringe), for many decades to have most voters get off their ass and actually go to a polling place. It should be an honor and a privilege. If an otherwise capable individual can't do that then it is unlikely that individual has spent more than a nanosecond actually learning about the issues. Liberals who would like to "harvest" these votes or cheat in an election really don't care about what "society has decided." They just wish to maintain their power (with the help of the oppressed masses), and spread their elitist views.

There has been a system in place for absentee voting for the military, expatriates, politicians, etc. for many years. The problems arise when localities decide for political expediency to wholesale the practice of online voting when the infrastructure is not in place to handle it.

There is no online voting - I assume you mean mail in voting/absentee voting.

If that's what you meant, red and blue states offer excuse-free absentee voting because, you might have noticed, we're in a pandemic, and lots of people don't want to get sick and die. If that is "political expediency" then I'm for it.

"During the state’s primary in June, 1,000 Georgia voters successfully...."

I read the story and have commented on it. So they did what Trump told voters to do.... :roll:

Did anyone's second vote count? If not, then the 'voter fraud' was prevented. That's what almost always happens - actual "voter" fraud is extremely rare.

"Society" has "decide(d)", (as I cringe), for many decades to have most voters get off their ass and actually go to a polling place. It should be an honor and a privilege. If an otherwise capable individual can't do that then it is unlikely that individual has spent more than a nanosecond actually learning about the issues. Liberals who would like to "harvest" these votes or cheat in an election really don't care about what "society has decided." They just wish to maintain their power (with the help of the oppressed masses), and spread their elitist views.

That's just baseless. Prior to the pandemic, most absentee voters were Republicans, which is why in the rush to pass "voter ID" laws, the legislatures ignored absentee voting. Republicans didn't want to put barriers in place that discouraged or made more difficult voting that was predictably Republican. All that's changed is you fear that the increase in voting will help Democrats and Trump doesn't like it so right wingers now oppose it.

And "society" changes its mind when conditions change. For many decades "society" "decided" that blacks in the South shouldn't ever vote. That changed. "Society" "decided" that we'd vote on paper for most if its history, now I vote on a glitchy, hackable computer terminal. "Society" decided that when there is a big risk of a pandemic that kills about 1% of people my age that it should allow us the OPTION of voting by mail so I don't have to risk standing in a long line with idiots and others who are sick and are too damn stupid or stubborn to stay home, getting sick and then possibly dying.

And it's just partisan nonsense to assume that absentee voting targets the stupid or lazy. If it makes you feel better about yourself to believe the dumb people vote Democratic, and you vote Republican or libertarian or whatever, so you're smart!, then I'm all for maximizing your personal happiness, but it's bull****.

There's no justifiable reason for mass mail in ballots, and even Dr Faucci and others have stated thats the case, while approving standard, in person voting. Plus, there are many proven cases of mail in voter fraud, mostly involving democrats, many of which involved the cheaters winning office, then later being thrown out of office and successfully prosecuted!

Voter Fraud Is Real—Here's How Democrats Want to Steal the 2020 Election | Opinion

Fifteen Election Results That Were Thrown Out Because of Fraudulent Mail-In Ballots - Tennessee Star

I'm more concerned with voter suppression. However with election time around the corner I guess it's time for the R's to bring back the dead horse and start beating it once again. Keep talking to each other, you're the only ones who believes this stuff.

Oh, it's Democrats trying to steal the election?
That would be correct. In this election, it would be the Democrats who were cheating. They are the ones looking to get buried. Those expecting an easy win typically don't try to cheat.

Not the guy who invited and knowingly accepted - and is accepting - help from Russia? Not the guy who started kneecapping USPS once people started talking about using mail-in ballots because of COVID? Right.
Still good.

Remember folks: when they're accusing the left of something, they're admitting it's what they are doing.
Now you have drifted. The accusations are of things they are observing. I understand it's natural for you to project like that. Old habits.

The last administration that tried to prove voter fraud came up with less than 150 cases, and something like half of them were in national elections. I think something like 86 of them were technically invalidly cast ballots, but not deliberate fraud. Something like 30% of the total lead to conviction. This was after the Bush DOJ did a five year deep dive searching for this stuff. It just isn't this big thing, and perps tend to get caught. In 5-Year Effort, Scant Evidence of Voter Fraud - The New York Times
It is true that very few fraud cases go to trial, because relatively few races are close enough for the fraud to matter and in still fewer the fraud does matter. As a criminal matter it is not a priority. The Times article, despite the racy headline, acknowledges the difficulties. You also might have mentioned the article is from the Bush administration.

Did a new poll get released?
None necessary. The warning is in the ones already out if you know how to read them.

I'm more concerned with voter suppression. However with election time around the corner I guess it's time for the R's to bring back the dead horse and start beating it once again. Keep talking to each other, you're the only ones who believes this stuff.
That's a race card. :beatdeadhorse:

Seems like a yes or no question. Trump told voters to vote by mail, then show up and if they can vote, do it. Was he right or wrong to urge voters to do that, which is what the charges are in GA?
As I understood what he said there’s nothing wrong. Even by your own words you admit that he didn’t tell his voters to do anything illegal. Hopefully I won’t have to point out what you said.

As I understood what he said there’s nothing wrong. Even by your own words you admit that he didn’t tell his voters to do anything illegal. Hopefully I won’t have to point out what you said.

OK, so Georgia should not prosecute these individuals. If that's what you believe, why not say it? It's not voter fraud according to you or Trump.

That would be correct. In this election, it would be the Democrats who were cheating. They are the ones looking to get buried. Those expecting an easy win typically don't try to cheat.

Newt didn't type a single word demonstrating any intent of Democrats to cheat or that the party is cheating. Voting by mail isn't cheating. Millions do it every election, including seniors, the military, and your Dear Leader Trump. Newt is opposed to expanded mail in voting, which is his prerogative. It's not evidence of anyone cheating or trying to.

Still good.

Now you have drifted. The accusations are of things they are observing. I understand it's natural for you to project like that. Old habits.

What "things" are "they" observing specifically that are evidence of Democrats cheating or intending to cheat?

It is true that very few fraud cases go to trial, because relatively few races are close enough for the fraud to matter and in still fewer the fraud does matter. As a criminal matter it is not a priority. The Times article, despite the racy headline, acknowledges the difficulties. You also might have mentioned the article is from the Bush administration.

But the Bush administration spent a huge amount of effort to try to find evidence of "voter" fraud, and the vote margins weren't relevant. They failed like every other effort to uncover "voter" fraud above the trivial has failed. It happens, obviously, but the numbers are small and there's never been evidence of any kind of widespread conspiracy. Mostly what we see are very stupid individuals committing isolated cases of fraud or people acting ignorantly but illegally. Most actual fraud is by insiders, not 'voters.' Insider fraud is always the big risk.

I agree that mail voting is not cheating. However, it is difficult to monitor.

In many elections mail ballots are never even counted because the total is less than the margin of victory. If that is going to change, then significant safeguards are necessary and none have been proposed. much less implemented.

Back
Top Bottom