• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yale Law School Students Interrupt Event, Demand Right To Talk Over Speakers

If you defend all groups the right to speak, all groups would include the protestors and this wouldn't even be a big deal to you.
I will defend their right to protest, quietly, and wait their turn to speak but instead they acted like 3 yr olds having a tantrum. They got removed, as any 3 yr old would have and put in time out. They decided to act out even more so.
Sounds like they need more time out.

Sorry...but you are just being dishonest. This wasnt an open debate forum...it was a scheduled event that invited a panel in to present sides to a viewing audience. The idiots that disrupted the event werent there to participate in a free speech activity, they were intent on PREVENTING free speech. I highly doubt you would champion peoples 'right' to stand and chant in a theater while a movie was playing, or to go into a random classroom and disrupt the education process because they have a 'right' to free speech. I doubt you actually BELIEVE anything you are typing because its so stupid. Rather, you are dutifully presenting the kneejerk leftist support expected of you.

So then don't say you support all group to speak and be a little more clear you support groups scheduled to talk and not groups coming in to interrupt and speak their side. 🤷‍♀️ But thanks for thinking good of me that I only type stupid but don't believe it. :giggle:

There is plenty to be learned from "listening" to a view you don't agree with. That is true for Right leaning speakers on campus and left leaning speakers on campus. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

The speakers on campus are invited by University Administration. Take it for granted that they know more about educating than you or me. Oh by the way, your local school board knows more about educating than you or me as well.
My distaste for the ADF has nothing to do with their political leanings. They stand in opposition to basic human rights. I care nothing for what motivations anyone might have had for allowing them to speak. They deserve far worse than the welcome they got, and I applaud the student body for seeing to their hasty exit.

So then don't say you support all group to speak and be a little more clear you support groups scheduled to talk and not groups coming in to interrupt and speak their side. 🤷‍♀️ But thanks for thinking good of me that I only type stupid but don't believe it. :giggle:
No...I dont support any random gorup of shitheads and their right to stop any organized activity they want to just because they feel like they have the right to. And neither do you. You are promoting a stupid narrative almost like you feel its your job. You arent doing yourself any favors.

No...I dont support any random gorup of shitheads and their right to stop any organized activity they want to just because they feel like they have the right to. And neither do you. You are promoting a stupid narrative almost like you feel its your job. You arent doing yourself any favors.

Actually, I've seen you downplaying the idiots protesting a the Capital during the electoral count , aka an organized activity, and stopping it just because they feel they have a right to "stop the steal" so let's not act like you don't promote a narrative that sometimes it's okay for that to happen as legitimate political discourse.

If people want to protest and act like children over a group I don't personally care for in a school I don't have any ties to, why should I care either way?

The irony...

Yes, it's okay for some groups to protest and stop the steal an event, right? ;) Just not liberals protesting an anti-LGBTQ group. Either way, I am leaning towards this kind of non violent incident where no one gets killed. Act like children but at least they aren't beating up police officers.

The ADF are little better than the KKK in my opinion. They deserve neither respect nor consideration. They can only be opposed wherever they rear their ugly heads.

You dont beleive in free speech then.

Actually, I've seen you downplaying the idiots protesting a the Capital during the electoral count , aka an organized activity, and stopping it just because they feel they have a right to "stop the steal" so let's not act like you don't promote a narrative that sometimes it's okay for that to happen as legitimate political discourse.

If people want to protest and act like children over a group I don't personally care for in a school I don't have any ties to, why should I care either way?
You are lying. I have never downplayed the people that stormed the capital. In fact I defy you to find a single time where I have said ANYTHING other than those that illegally entered the capital building should be held to the highest execution of the law.

Just stop. You are presenting a stupid argument and lying to try to justify it. You are massacring your integrity.

Actually I am right.

You even said below, it would be okay for a group of citizens to burn down the government. Hopefully the rioters check the tyrannical government's appointment book and don't be so rude as to stop them during an event.

No, liberty involves liberty. Rioting against a tyrannical govt is pretty standard in this country. I personally wouldnt do it because I want to live, but Im not too opposed to the citizens burning down the govt.

You are lying. I have never downplayed the people that stormed the capital. In fact I defy you to find a single time where I have said ANYTHING other than those that illegally entered the capital building should be held to the highest execution of the law.

Just stop. You are presenting a stupid argument and lying to try to justify it. You are massacring your integrity.

You don't think this is downplaying the capital riot?

Other than causing a bunch of leftists to pee themselves, did anyone die? Were shots fired? Did so much as a chair get knocked over? Did they at LEAST litter?

A bunch of citizens exercised their Constitutional right to protest AND to carry firearms in the state capital building. Was it smart. Nah...I dont think was altogether smart. But here we are with cities burning, and you are still pissing yourselves over people peacefully protesting over government overreach on personal freedoms.

Yeah...a mob protested and obstructed for all of about 3 hours. Its huilarious watching people that celebrated 2 years worth of mob rule, violence, bloodshed, rioting, looting, and destruction absolutely shit themselves over a 3 hour 'occupation'.

I watched the videos. A few were committing acts of violence. MOST of them were laughing and posting selfies. Far from terrorizing the poor demented politicians (you know the piece of shit liars you support that claimed they were at deaths door when they were a quarter mile away in another building...those guys), they were for the most part having discussions with cops that were asking them them nicely to leave the chambers. Hell...YOU lot, after spending a year defending the violent riots and murders across the country,would call that just another 'mostly peaceful protest' if they were leftists.

Why arent the people that are being charged being charged with treason?

Basically just downplaying and pointing "BUT LEFTISTS RIOTS TOO".

You don't think a mob chanting to "Hang Mike Pence" didn't terrorize him and his family at that time?

Hey if those 1/6 rioters just acted like children and didn't beat police officers or look for the VP to hang, it'd be the exact same thing as this situation. People acting like children and getting removed.

Guilty until proven innocent is not how it works.
I cannot see any way that a group which wants to roll back LGBT civil rights could be considered as anything other than a hate group.

It's infantile. You learn NOTHING while you are shouting. The sound of your own voice rarely yields much in the way of education. Even hearing stuff you don't want to hear trains your brain. The sound of your own voice doesn't do anything beyond exercising your vocal cords. Tell daddy his $77k per year is going to exercising your vocal cords. See how far that gets you.

Free speech according to many in the US is not about learning, it is about being able to be as obnoxious as you want without any consequences for it.

A parade promoting white power free speech, yelling over other people talking is free speech as well.

Sorry...but you are just being dishonest. This wasnt an open debate forum...it was a scheduled event that invited a panel in to present sides to a viewing audience. The idiots that disrupted the event werent there to participate in a free speech activity, they were intent on PREVENTING free speech. I highly doubt you would champion peoples 'right' to stand and chant in a theater while a movie was playing, or to go into a random classroom and disrupt the education process because they have a 'right' to free speech. I doubt you actually BELIEVE anything you are typing because its so stupid. Rather, you are dutifully presenting the kneejerk leftist support expected of you.

They were exercising their right to free speech, why do you support oppression

Okay, back that group, whatever Hopefully they represent what you really believe and you are not just knee jerking because they are conservative.
Why do I need to "back them" to allow them to speak? Why are you so afraid of discourse?

We should probably just have a cancel culture section, because heres another example.

TLDR
Student group invites speakers to discuss a legal case
Other students disrupt it, claiming they have more freedom of speech than the speakers
After theyre ejected, they claim the speakers are intolerant and shouldnt be tolerated
After the police show up to stop their peaceful banging on the walls, harrasment, and blocking exits, they claim the police are harmful and should be ejected (by who?)

Which makes me wonder if they teach irony at Yale.
around 1980, at the famed Yale Political Union-a debate was sponsored and it featured -one side, Roy Innis, the leader of the Congress of Racial Equality and on the other side-Professor Ernest Van den Haag

the topic was affirmative action at schools such as Yale with Innis supporting it, and Van Den Haag opposing it. Shortly before the debate started-the black law student organization-including Anita Hill, tried to prevent the debate by picketing the Union's meeting house. It was unsuccessful-most students ignored the childish picketers, the speaker of the Union-invited several of the picketers in and told them they could speak ahead of the student members. They refused to do so-saying their status at Yale Law was "not debatable. Even Mr Innis found that claim lacking credit, and Van Den Haag used the failure to debate rather effectively. So this sort of nonsense has been going on for decades

Garbage link so likely complete bullshit. Anyway, ironic coming from right wingers when republicans hoot and holler during state of union speeches. Anyway, typical stupid trolling projection

on to the next stupid troll post
speaking of stupid trolling posts.

To be clear, they're not a hate group; they're an utterly corrupt group attacking democracy to replace it with plutocracy. They're grooming ideologues to take over our courts in order to destroy the American people's constitutional rights and their power, among other things like helping Republicans steal elections and wealthy interests to buy them.
They're a hate group as well. They're big on white supremacists.

The federalist society, a hate group in it's own right, invited a leader of an even more hateful group to speak on their campus. I say good for the students.
this has to be one of the most stupid things I have ever seen in almost 17 years on this board. This is complete psychobabbling bullshit.

I cannot see any way that a group which wants to roll back LGBT civil rights could be considered as anything other than a hate group.
Then you should encourage debate, not run around like chimpanzees whooping and shaking trees.

this has to be one of the most stupid things I have ever seen in almost 17 years on this board. This is complete psychobabbling bullshit.
And yet still completely true.

psycho-babbling has a hyphen.

Back
Top Bottom