• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yale Law School Students Interrupt Event, Demand Right To Talk Over Speakers

They're a hate group as well. They're big on white supremacists.
Thats why Indian-American liberals such as Akhil Amar (Yale Law) often attend Federalist Society meetings. Three of the five founders have Jewish heritage and one was Lebanese. You clearly haven't a clue what you are talking about

You don't think this is downplaying the capital riot?

Basically just downplaying and pointing "BUT LEFTISTS RIOTS TOO".

You don't think a mob chanting to "Hang Mike Pence" didn't terrorize him and his family at that time?

Hey if those 1/6 rioters just acted like children and didn't beat police officers or look for the VP to hang, it'd be the exact same thing as this situation. People acting like children and getting removed.
See? Even in your attempt to justify your stupid position you present a dishonest argument. You have conflated peaceful protests in a state capital building by law abiding citizens exercising a legal right to the 6 January attacks. No one entering the capital on 6 January was armed. And do you deny that most people in the capital building on 6 January laughing and posting selfies? And lets not lose site of the CONTENT of what you are posting...I said and still say that a bunch of retarded leftists that endorsed the burning down of cities in the name of their cause to shit themselves over a 3 hour occupation is the absolute HEIGHT of hypocrisy. Context matters. Does that mean those people shouldnt be held accountable?Of COURSE NOT...it means people that are still shitting themselves over 6 Jan while voting for elected officials that bailed out rioters and looters are a collection of piece of shit hypocrites. My comments are far more about the hypocrites than the Jan 6 'rioters'...or even the BLM rioters.

around 1980, at the famed Yale Political Union-a debate was sponsored and it featured -one side, Roy Innis, the leader of the Congress of Racial Equality and on the other side-Professor Ernest Van den Haag

the topic was affirmative action at schools such as Yale with Innis supporting it, and Van Den Haag opposing it. Shortly before the debate started-the black law student organization-including Anita Hill, tried to prevent the debate by picketing the Union's meeting house. It was unsuccessful-most students ignored the childish picketers, the speaker of the Union-invited several of the picketers in and told them they could speak ahead of the student members. They refused to do so-saying their status at Yale Law was "not debatable. Even Mr Innis found that claim lacking credit, and Van Den Haag used the failure to debate rather effectively. So this sort of nonsense has been going on for decades
Isn't that the same guy who argued in favor of school segregation due to the alleged "intellectual inferiority of Africans"?

Yeah, I can see why the Black student body wouldn't want him speaking there.

And yet still completely true.
No it isn't- You are just posting bullshit lies that you figure others won't know as Lies. Since I was close friends with the founders of this group-indeed I was asked to be one of its first members, I know you are lying. You seem to think your pathetically dishonest arguments are going to work with those of us who know better

They were exercising their right to free speech, why do you support oppression
You don't understand "free speech". Why do you support stupid people doing stupid things?

Then you should encourage debate, not run around like chimpanzees whooping and shaking trees.
What's to debate? Either gay people deserve civil rights, or they don't. Seems like a pretty simple question to me, you don't need a debate to figure out the right answer to that one.

Isn't that the same guy who argued in favor of school segregation due to the alleged "intellectual inferiority of Africans"?

Yeah, I can see why the Black student body wouldn't want him speaking there.
He may well have but that was not at issue at the time. He pointed out that affirmative action led to students with far lower academic credentials being admitted over those students with much higher credentials. He was correct. at the time there was almost a .5 GPA difference between successful white vs black applicants to Yale law and well over 100 points (on the 800 point scale) on the LSAT

You don't understand "free speech". Why do you support stupid people doing stupid things?

The right to say what you want with out consequences.

White power parades, yelling over other people talking, all free speech, you just hate freedom

The right to say what you want with out consequences.

White power parades, yelling over other people talking, all free speech, you just hate freedom
Like I said...you don't understand free speech...and are backing stupid people doing stupid things.

Thats why Indian-American liberals such as Akhil Amar (Yale Law) often attend Federalist Society meetings. Three of the five founders have Jewish heritage and one was Lebanese. You clearly haven't a clue what you are talking about
Because he's an idealist who believes he can change them from within. He's wrong.

No it isn't- You are just posting bullshit lies that you figure others won't know as Lies. Since I was close friends with the founders of this group-indeed I was asked to be one of its first members, I know you are lying. You seem to think your pathetically dishonest arguments are going to work with those of us who know better
YOur status as a brainwashing victim doesn't mean you "know better" no matter how you feel.

What's to debate? Either gay people deserve civil rights, or they don't. Seems like a pretty simple question to me, you don't need a debate to figure out the right answer to that one.
Under the Woodward protocols at Yale-which I believe are still in place-disrupting an event like this on campus is a violation of the school's code.I know because I had to testify in a free speech matter where a fellow student attempted to interrupt a panel that had the Ambassador from South Africa. I was an officer of said political union. I testified that the student in question was peacefully removed from the meeting before he actually was able to disrupt it, and thus, the Union did not find his conduct to have violated the rules on campus.

The federalist society, a hate group in it's own right, invited a leader of an even more hateful group to speak on their campus. I say good for the students.
Post specifics.

He may well have but that was not at issue at the time. He pointed out that affirmative action led to students with far lower academic credentials being admitted over those students with much higher credentials. He was correct. at the time there was almost a .5 GPA difference between successful white vs black applicants to Yale law and well over 100 points (on the 800 point scale) on the LSAT
For black students, a man who openly calls them racially inferior is always going to be an issue, especially when he's allowed a platform to advocate his racism on their campus. Sad that you can't see that.

Because he's an idealist who believes he can change them from within. He's wrong.
Yeah he is one of the most intelligent legal scholars in US History and you know more than he does. You have already proven you will lie about the Federalist Society and your hate filled defamation is appallingly dishonest

Post specifics.
It's a trolling post that cannot be supported with facts. It is common on this board-anything that challenges the dominant reactionary collectivist mindset must be "hate"

Yeah he is one of the most intelligent legal scholars in US History and you know more than he does. You have already proven you will lie about the Federalist Society and your hate filled defamation is appallingly dishonest
I don't claim to know more about law than he does, but I certainly understand people better than him just based on his actions.

For black students, a man who openly calls them racially inferior is always going to be an issue, especially when he's allowed a platform to advocate his racism on their campus. Sad that you can't see that.
He never said that at the debate. He did note that affirmative action recipients at the Law school had much lower academic credentials. That was undisputed. Innis conceded that point. Innis argued that the societal benefit of given blacks slots at the most elite law and medical schools outweighed the cost to those who were denied entrance in favor of less qualified applicants.

I don't claim to know more about law than he does, but I certainly understand people better than him just based on his actions.
I have not seen anything from your posts that even hint that is true. You are already on record lying about the Society with your idiotic claim of white supremacy.

Under the Woodward protocols at Yale-which I believe are still in place-disrupting an event like this on campus is a violation of the school's code.I know because I had to testify in a free speech matter where a fellow student attempted to interrupt a panel that had the Ambassador from South Africa. I was an officer of said political union. I testified that the student in question was peacefully removed from the meeting before he actually was able to disrupt it, and thus, the Union did not find his conduct to have violated the rules on campus.
Fascinating anecdote, but I simply don't care. I wouldn't debate the South African ambassador about racism, anymore than I would debate the Russian ambassador about the Ukraine. I would run them out of town.

YOur status as a brainwashing victim doesn't mean you "know better" no matter how you feel.
Your stupid lies about others only prove you are unable to debate this issue. You think anyone who doesn't buy into your reactionary parasitic statist political agenda is "brainwashed" or a "white supremacist" is proof enough that you haven't a clue about what you are talking about.

Yes or no-you support what happened at Yale?

Fascinating anecdote, but I simply don't care. I wouldn't debate the South African ambassador about racism, anymore than I would debate the Russian ambassador about the Ukraine. I would run them out of town.
good for you. But that isn't the issue. It is about free speech-an issue that so many left-wingers seem to hate

He never said that at the debate. He did note that affirmative action recipients at the Law school had much lower academic credentials. That was undisputed. Innis conceded that point. Innis argued that the societal benefit of given blacks slots at the most elite law and medical schools outweighed the cost to those who were denied entrance in favor of less qualified applicants.
Given his openly racist view of black people, anything professor Ernest might have to say about the matter is suspect at best, and ought to be denounced and disregarded, due to his clear racial bias.

Back
Top Bottom