• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would You Support A Wall?

Would You Support A Border Wall Not Paid By The US Government?

• Total voters
I don't know the numbers. That may or may not be true. It's irrelevant to my point, though.

There is no reason we cannot take steps to eliminate aliens who illegally cross our border AND take steps to eliminate those who enter our country legally and then illegally remain.

I was addressing those who illegally cross our border.

Here's a suggestion- put more resources into finding the illegals in your country now and arrest and fine those who are employing them. Then you can put the greedy bastards to work on the wall using material bought with their money. You might find that before its built it's no longer needed.

I support "a wall", meaning a manned security system of walls, double fences (electrified), razor wire, guard towers, searchlights, vehicle traps, non-lethal gun emplacements and armed drones. I don't care who funds it. And, by the way, I also support E-Verify, citizenship identity cards, visa tracking, and criminal misdemeanors (first offenders) for employers or illegals violating the law. I support a vastly enlarged internal ICE police force, and support for a law that would mandate the arrest and prosecution those (including state and local officials) who provide sanctuary to illegals.

In other words, I support taking our borders seriously and vigorously stopping, removing, incarcerating, punishing, and instantly deporting all illegals, and punishing their American co-conspirators.

Waste of money: most illegals are overstayers

They all are once inside the border. What, exactly, does that have to do with making it more difficult to illegally cross the border?

IF the money absolutely would go towards the barrier I'd contribute on behalf of American blue collar workers.

Here's a suggestion- put more resources into finding the illegals in your country now and arrest and fine those who are employing them. Then you can put the greedy bastards to work on the wall using material bought with their money. You might find that before its built it's no longer needed.

I agree we need to put more resources in finding and removing illegal aliens already in our country.

I have no idea what you are talking about with "put the greedy bastards to work...blah, blah, blah", but it sounds illegal.

In any case, removing people already in the country won't prevent them from coming back. A wall would.

I agree we need to put more resources in finding and removing illegal aliens already in our country.

I have no idea what you are talking about with "put the greedy bastards to work...blah, blah, blah", but it sounds illegal.

In any case, removing people already in the country won't prevent them from coming back. A wall would.

I'm talking about the greedy bastards who employ illegal aliens to profit off cheap labour. Fine 'em, incarcerate 'em, drive 'em out of business. They're what's luring illegal immigration. Illegals don't take jobs away from citizens, the greedy bastards take the jobs away from citizens and give them to illegals

:yawn:

I already gave you my answer, and it is final.

This is EXACTLY why Democrats can't be trusted with immigration legislation. They are takers. All they want to do is get concessions from Republicans on immigration but are willing to give up absolutely nothing on controlling the border and stopping illegal immigration, as evidenced by the refusal to have the wall, even if tax dollars are removed from the equation. They want open borders. Democrats favor sanctuary cities and now even have a sanctuary state and they have no intention of ever clamping down on border security, ever.

Is there any part of American governance that you aren't willing put up for sale? We are already selling our foreign policy positions to the highest bidder.

What foreign policy positions? You mean like Obama allowing the annexation of Crimea, allowing Russia to interfere in our elections, allowing Syria to use chemical weapons, or making a deal with our enemy Iran in exchange for allowing them to have missiles and nukes when the 10 year deal expires and allowing them to fund terrorism throughout the world and delivering them a cash payment of billions of dollars, delivered to their front door?

A business building a toy doesn't take private landowner's land away from them, as others mentioned.

The government (local, state, and federal) takes land away from people all the time.

I don't agree with that either in most cases unless they have a good reason, it really does benefit the public, and they provide fair compensation.

In most all cases it does benefit the public and they provide fair compensation.

In most all cases it does benefit the public and they provide fair compensation.

That's a matter of opinion. It's biggest abuse has been the allowance of government transferring it to a private owner. Would you just give up land and property that has been in your family for generations so a new strip mall could be built? To me, that would seem crazy. It's my land.

Yeah "Walls" are immoral and so is locking your door at night.

No locked door would keep someone out if they knew you kept $15,000 in cash under your bed. Just like a wall won't keep out people knowing they can sell drugs or get work.

It's not really a comparison, the door on someone's house to a 1,954-mile diverse terrain border. :shrug:

No. A wall treats a symptom, but not the underlying malady.

Wall money would be far better spent assisting the nations from which people flee rampant unemployment and violent crime, and prosecuting US employers that hire illegals.

We also need to up our game regarding the cross-border drug cartels.

I'm talking about the greedy bastards who employ illegal aliens to profit off cheap labour. Fine 'em, incarcerate 'em, drive 'em out of business. They're what's luring illegal immigration. Illegals don't take jobs away from citizens, the greedy bastards take the jobs away from citizens and give them to illegals

Well, I don't share your obvious passion, but I do agree we need more enforcement for existing laws that deal with every aspect of illegal aliens. I would also support more stringent laws.

A border wall, of some kind, also has a place in the border/illegal alien control environment.

No locked door would keep someone out if they knew you kept $15,000 in cash under your bed. Just like a wall won't keep out people knowing they can sell drugs or get work.

It's not really a comparison, the door on someone's house to a 1,954-mile diverse terrain border. :shrug:

Locking your door at night or anytime is "immoral". A person may just need a glass of water. It's not hard to understand, if you need further assistance in understanding this "immoral act of locking your door" contact Nancy Pelosi.

Would you support a wall along the Mexican border if it was paid for by private enterprise instead of out of tax dollars? Of course it would somehow have to be turned into a profit making operation in one form or another.
I thought Mexico was supposed to pay for it?

I said yes I would but a wall along the entire southern border is impractical and tremendously expensive for private enterprise to do. I think only government can do it but there is not political support to do it the way Trump wants. Substantial walls only in certain areas is the only practical solution.

No. A wall treats a symptom, but not the underlying malady.

Wall money would be far better spent assisting the nations from which people flee rampant unemployment and violent crime, and prosecuting US employers that hire illegals.

We also need to up our game regarding the cross-border drug cartels.

How many nations are on your list, and how many billions do you want to give these nations?

They all are once inside the border. What, exactly, does that have to do with making it more difficult to illegally cross the border?

Most enter legally but overstay. They come through ports of entry. Not nearly enough swim the rivers or cross the desert to make a wall worthwhile. It's very expensive - disproportionate to the problem.

Would you support a wall along the Mexican border if it was paid for by private enterprise instead of out of tax dollars? Of course it would somehow have to be turned into a profit making operation in one form or another.

It was promised Mexico would pay for it. Does this mean the Mexican govt will invest in US construction firms?

It's also a bit of a myth that private enterprise solves everything. Private companies will need a return on investment.

I thought Mexico was supposed to pay for it?

That was all campaign BS for the 2016 election. The same type of campaign BS Trump put out before the mid term elections with sending all the troops to the Mexican border.

And not everybody act surprised when numbskull pulls the same crap before the 2020 election.

It just like the gun debate about new gun laws when we already have laws. We already have laws that prevent employers from hiring illegals but we don't enforce them.

Here is a fine example of our inept immigration system.

Six months to the day after Mohamed Atta and Marwan Al-Shehhi flew planes into the World Trade Center, the Immigration and Naturalization Service notified a Venice, Florida, flight school that the two men had been approved for student visas.

CNN.com - Six months after Sept. 11, hijackers' visa approval letters received - March 13, 2002

and i can tell you how to do that in one week.

all that has to be done is a slight change to our I-9 form. the form that is use to qualify you to work in America.

presently all an illegal immigrant has to do is present his employer with a fake social security card and fake green card. all the employer is required to do is fill out the I-9, make copies of the SS card and green card and file it. If INS comes and finds Jose is illegal and you have a properly filled out I-9 you are clear and Jose gets a trip to the border.

now should we require that the employer certify the social security card and green card with Everify and incorporate a $10,000 fine for every employee you have that you haven't Everified everything would change. Suddenly it is not cheaper to hire illegal workers. Suddenly employers are being held accountable. Suddenly those jobs evaporate along with the incentive to come to America for work.

Much cheaper and more effective than any wall. Wonder why they haven't done it. it is simple the truth is those who own our government want that cheap labor here.

Back
Top Bottom