• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you support a ban on Russian oil if it resulted in a temporary increase in gas prices?

Would you support a ban on Russian oil if it resulted in a temporary increase in gas prices?

• Total voters

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Would you support the U.S. imposing a ban on Russian oil imports if it resulted in a temporary increase in gas prices?

The choices are very complex, so read carefully:

1) Yes
2) No

Yes, but I either drive a co. vehicle, or don't drive far. Plus, we can absorb some food cost increases.

Lots of others, those impacts are much more immediate. I understand any hesitation.

Define temporary.

tem·po·rar·y| ˈtempəˌrerē |
adjective
lasting for only a limited period of time; not permanent: a temporary job.

tem·po·rar·y| ˈtempəˌrerē |
adjective
lasting for only a limited period of time; not permanent: a temporary job.

So five years could be temporary or 15 years. Nothing is forever so the poll as you define it is meaningless.

Russia must be crushed no matter the cost.

If the administration agreed with you they would have authorized blowing to bits the Russian convoy that seems to be just sitting there. BTW I agree with you.

So five years could be temporary or 15 years. Nothing is forever so the poll as you define it is meaningless.
If we knew how long everything lasted, that would for all intents and purposes mean the end of uncertainty, and therefore the end of anxiety. Also, we'd all be rich because we'd know how long bear and bull markets lasted.

No, "temporary" is what you get to work with. If you find that unsettling then this is not the thread for you.

Please ban it now. The money flow must be stopped immediately if not sooner.

Would you support the U.S. imposing a ban on Russian oil imports if it resulted in a temporary increase in gas prices?

1) Yes
2) No
Irrelevant.

All we need to do is produce our own oil and we won't have to worry about Russian oil.

But that's not what the Biden pukes will do. They will cause an increase in ALL energy prices...not just gas...because they want us to abandon oil. They not only don't give a rat's ass if prices increase, it's what they want.

btw, energy...oil...affects EVERYTHING in our lives. Not just gas for our vehicles. Increased energy prices makes EVERYTHING more expensive. It's called "inflation".

We have four earning adults, a decent plot of land, a big enough house at the edge of a small city, egger chickens, friends with an orchard, guns and clean water. Most of us are close to work, or have subsidized transport costs.

Our temporary is much longer than a young couple with two small children already barely surviving.

It has to be a case by case term.

Please ban it now. The money flow must be stopped immediately if not sooner.
Apparently many companies aren't waiting on Biden to sanction Russian oil. They're doing it on their own. I applaud those that stopped buying anything from Russia.

Irrelevant.

All we need to do is produce our own oil and we won't have to worry about Russian oil.

But that's not what the Biden pukes will do. They will cause an increase in ALL energy prices...not just gas...because they want us to abandon oil. They not only don't give a rat's ass if prices increase, it's what they want.

btw, energy...oil...affects EVERYTHING in our lives. Not just gas for our vehicles. Increased energy prices makes EVERYTHING more expensive. It's called "inflation".
There are thousands of uncompleted wells that can be completed and pumping oil to day at a profit,

We have four earning adults, a decent plot of land, a big enough house at the edge of a small city, egger chickens, friends with an orchard, guns and clean water. Most of us are close to work, or have subsidized transport costs.

Our temporary is much longer than a young couple with two small children already barely surviving.

It has to be a case by case term.

Using that logic, there is virtually no price of oil that will change my life. Thus temporary could be the next 30 years or forever. However when I think about fellow citizens I know many are not that fortunate.

In addition this might make some people feel better. However this is a meaningless gesture that will not save one life in Ukraine.

Irrelevant.

It's an election year and we've had enough inflation. If they wanted to increase the cost of oil they would have sanctioned Russian oil already. The Biden administration must be terrified of losing the trifecta of power.

1) Yes
2) No
Actually, if this article is right, we get 3% of our oil from Russia.

We could easily make up that up if we wanted and were willing from our own oil located here in the states.

1) Yes
2) No

1.) Yes

1) Yes
2) No
I certainly would, but I think we would need to know if it would result in cripplingly high oil prices as that could literally result in famines in much of the world.

It's an election year and we've had enough inflation. If they wanted to increase the cost of oil they would have sanctioned Russian oil already. The Biden administration must be terrified of losing the trifecta of power.
Inflation is only going to get worse...but they have something new to blame it on. It used to be COVID. Now, it's Russia.

And don't put it past them to sanction Russian oil. They are still considering it.

Back
Top Bottom