• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Woman Sues After Being Forcibly Stripped by Male Police

I think a lot of folks are jumping to unsupportable conclusions.

The initial take down looks to be in response to her displayed belligerence, as it does look like she is trying to kick when she lifts her second leg @ 4:20.

Then she can clearly be seen kicking @ 4:29.
The Officer even had to get up in an attempt to control her legs.

She doesn't deserve anything other than a stiff sentence for DUI.

There clearly is a distinction between removing someones clothing and an actual strip search, as there is much more to a strip search than the simple removal of clothing.

We don't see any strip search in the video.
None.

October 10, 2013 (WLS) -- The LaSalle County Sheriff is denying allegations that officers strip-searched a woman following a DUI arrest.

Dana Holmes filed a lawsuit against the department over what she calls an improper strip search following her arrest last May.

The incident was caught on the department's surveillance cameras.

The LaSalle County Sheriff says the accusations are false and have resulted in death threats against some of its officers.

On Thursday, the department says she was not strip-searched and left naked in a cell.

The statement says Holmes was placed in a padded cell so would calm down after twice kicking at a female officer.

And that after her clothes were removed, she was promptly provided with a tear-proof suit.

LaSalle County sheriff denies Dana Holmes' illegal strip-search allegations | abc7chicago.com

So belligerence should be resolved by stripping someone!?!? Busslhit. Sure, put her in a padded room, but strip her first???? F' that. I don't see or hear about men being treated thusly for drunk and disorderly.

She shouldnt have been drunk driving and getting mouthy. See, it works both ways.

You always throw in a sentence or two but never really say anything. Are you saying that if a citizen breaks the law then a police officer can break the law when dealing with that person? Or if a person breaks the law then they should just shut up, take whatever happens and suck it up?

In your opinion:
Should police be allowed to break the law whenever they like?
Should they only break the law when they have an arrestee under their care?
Should they never break the law?

Why post comments when the comments do not actually say anything. Your other comment concerning what the lady looked like was equally nonsensical. Were you wondering whether it would be okay for police to break the law if the victim was less attractive?

Slam dunk case. I'd hate to be those cops while I am sure that Dana is going to get a nice settlement.

So belligerence should be resolved by stripping someone!?!? Busslhit. Sure, put her in a padded room, but strip her first???? F' that. I don't see or hear about men being treated thusly for drunk and disorderly.

Last time I was D&D, they threw me into a cell with other drunks to sleep it off. No one threw me to the ground and ripped my clothes off. What I saw up n that video was...insane.

Last time I was D&D, they threw me into a cell with other drunks to sleep it off. No one threw me to the ground and ripped my clothes off. What I saw up n that video was...insane.

Exactly my point. If she doesn't win on the just general assault, she should go for it being a hate crime against a woman, that does not happen to men.

sry hunny she's not a lesbian
Perhaps, but women are a minority group with regards to rights and equality, so I'm thinking it could work. Anything, imo, that shows a particular treatment different than white males, should be able to be considered the same as hate crimes.

Perhaps, but women are a minority group with regards to rights and equality, so I'm thinking it could work. Anything, imo, that shows a particular treatment different than white males, should be able to be considered the same as hate crimes.

In the United States, there are more females than males. That would make males the minority group.

In the United States, there are more females than males. That would make males the minority group.
That's why I clarified. Nice try but there's no way any rational human thinks American women have equality to American men.

You shouldn't use the word "minority" when it doesn't apply.
I didn't use "minority", I used "minority group with regards to rights and equality" but you chose to clip it to suit your desire to argue.

I didn't use "minority", I used "minority group with regards to rights and equality" but you chose to clip it to suit your desire to argue.

I'm fully aware of what you did. Women are not a minority group. Find a different term that accurately describes their position.

She shouldnt have been drunk driving and getting mouthy. See, it works both ways.

So you're willing to throw our rights out the window because of your personal issues with people driving intoxicated?

And no way that any rational human thinks that a group that is in the majority is a “minority”.
Truly???? Hmm, then what do you call women in places like Saudi Arabia, where goats are more valuable to man than a woman, women have virtually no independent rights, and I'm sure there are more women than men or polygamy as they exercise it wouldn't be very successful.
Perhaps things have changed drastically in the past couple of decades, but I do believe these things are still true in SA. So if women their would not be considered an effective minority, what word would you use, and I will consider using it.

However, I do agree and haven't made it clear, that the laws as they stand wouldn't include just any ol' woman, and a white woman is specifically excluded as she is not part of a recognized minority re: hate crimes. I'm just saying I disagree with that estimation made the law. People in power are known to discriminate against women, corporations as well, authority figures high and low....

Truly???? Hmm, then what do you call women in places like Saudi Arabia, where goats are more valuable to man than a woman, women have virtually no independent rights, and I'm sure there are more women than men or polygamy as they exercise it wouldn't be very successful.
Perhaps things have changed drastically in the past couple of decades, but I do believe these things are still true in SA. So if women their would not be considered an effective minority, what word would you use, and I will consider using it.

How does Saudi Arabia fit into the subject of this thread? Are we going to talk about North Korea, too?

However, I do agree and haven't made it clear, that the laws as they stand wouldn't include just any ol' woman, and a white woman is specifically excluded as she is not part of a recognized minority re: hate crimes. I'm just saying I disagree with that estimation made the law. People in power are known to discriminate against women, corporations as well, authority figures high and low....

That's the thing with political correctness. Truth has no meaning, to those like you, when put up against propaganda.

The word “minority” does not mean what you want it to mean. But it carries a connotation that you want to use, so you use that word anyway. Propaganda, emotionalism, and ideology, taking priority over truth and logic.

How does Saudi Arabia fit into the subject of this thread? Are we going to talk about North Korea, too?
Just looking for a term that you think suits better so that I can decide whether or not to adopt it.

Oh, I don't know, how about one whose definition fits however it is you're trying to characterize women in the United States?
Hey, I'm totally and sincerely accepting that the word minority isn't the best, I'm not able to really pull another one out that is better to describe the injustices similar to "true" minorities that women face. You're the one that wanted to dicker over a word. So can you come up with a better one, or just bitch because mine isn't perfect when taken out of context?

Hey, I'm totally and sincerely accepting that the word minority isn't the best, I'm not able to really pull another one out that is better to describe the injustices similar to "true" minorities that women face. You're the one that wanted to dicker over a word. So can you come up with a better one, or just bitch because mine isn't perfect when taken out of context?

Here's a crazy idea -- call them women, and say that they face injustices X Y and Z and leave it at that. That should keep you from using words that don't apply.

Here's a crazy idea -- call them women, and say that they face injustices X Y and Z and leave it at that. That should keep you from using words that don't apply.
You're either being entirely obtuse, or you're trying to create a strawman to skew what I posted. Either way... bless your heart. (Hopefully you hear a very strong southern drawl when you read that last part.)

Back
Top Bottom