• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will you ever respect you Trumpist neighbors again?

The real question is can anyone ever respect democrats after running this crooked election?

The real question is can anyone ever respect democrats after running this crooked election?

I think it time the forum adapt a new rule as Twitter and Facebook have for posts like this.
Frankly, it's just annoying.

There were plenty of people who voted for Trump because they're just Republicans and vote party lines, much like there are many people who voted Biden because they're just Democrats and vote party lines. I'm sure there's quite a few Trump supporters out there who are fine people. Fine people on both sides. lol

But the ones buying hard into this "Election was stolen" conspiracy...I don't think I'll look at them any better than flat-earthers for some time.

Thanks for expressing your opinion.
i read that as ludin complaining he has not seen respect shown toward said forum member for 4 years
each of us can conclude for him/herself why that might have happened

You bet .. it's codified in the Liberal Lexicon, and denying it makes one either disingenuous or part of the alternate reality you referenced earlier.

My loving recommendation to you, lay off the wing nut media or your mind will rot.

My loving recommendation to you, lay off the wing nut media or your mind will rot.

Just so I interpret this correctly .. you're suggesting that many on the left have not been accusing Trump supporters of being racists, Nazis, white supremists, etc over the last 4 years?

Just so I interpret this correctly .. you're suggesting that many on the left have not been accusing Trump supporters of being racists, Nazis, white supremists, etc over the last 4 years?

accursing? They are.

an accusation is simply a charge, it's not a charge, it's a fact

I know I wont. Not out of malice or to be vindictive but rather because they have exposed themselves.

TRump cultists turned their back on America in favor of hate, orange hate. I will never look at them the same.

Will you?

You dont respect people because they believe different politics than you? Lol.

You guys live pretty sad lives if a vote could make you lose all respect for someone.

There were plenty of people who voted for Trump because they're just Republicans and vote party lines, much like there are many people who voted Biden because they're just Democrats and vote party lines. I'm sure there's quite a few Trump supporters out there who are fine people. Fine people on both sides. lol

But the ones buying hard into this "Election was stolen" conspiracy...I don't think I'll look at them any better than flat-earthers for some time.
Except that flat earthers are not a threat to American democracy.

Well the deplorables and their enablers in congress are a real and present danger to America.

I have nothing but disgust for them. I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire!

Of course the true republican party, Mitch McConnell, is holding true to the course. Protect the wealth of the wealthy first and foremost.

You dont respect people because they believe different politics than you?

Different politics?

This is a struggle between good and evil, a struggle between truth and lies. This is about out country staying a democracy.

This is not about policies, this is much much more than politics.

No but I realized the guy was a ****ing duck way before I new he supported trump...

After I moved here I've heard dozens of times oh no you live by ______....

You guys live pretty sad lives if a vote could make you lose all respect for someone.

No, that's not it. LOL

By the way, you literally quoted one of the explanations. Then for some reason, you changed it into a strawman.

That makes your user name funny.

Goes much deeper than a vote.

Goes much deeper than politics

Their entire belief system, ideology, reality is aberrant to me.

I know I wont. Not out of malice or to be vindictive but rather because they have exposed themselves.

TRump cultists turned their back on America in favor of hate, orange hate. I will never look at them the same.

Will you?
I live in a rural area. Most of my neighbors are Trump supporters and most are good, well meaning people.

The problem is that they are deliberately being misinformed, and manipulated. They get all their news from Fox, Newsmax, OANN, and AM radio. Although the majority are very intelligent in specific ways, mechanically, etc. Frankly they lack a broad based higher education or wordliness that would allow them to realize they are being lied to.

In their defense, if you got all your info from those sources, and BELIEVED it, it would make sense to support Trump.

I think the right wing propaganda, posing as news, manipulating them, is the real culprit.

As for the solution.......I have no idea.

I live in a rural area. Most of my neighbors are Trump supporters and most are good, well meaning people.

The problem is that they are deliberately being misinformed, and manipulated. They get all their news from Fox, Newsmax, OANN, and AM radio. Although the majority are very intelligent in specific ways, mechanically, etc. Frankly they lack a broad based higher education or wordliness that would allow them to realize they are being lied to.

In their defense, if you got all your info from those sources, and BELIEVED it, it would make sense to support Trump.

I think the right wing propaganda, posing as news, manipulating them, is the real culprit.

I think a part of the problem is that if someone has expertise or strong knowledge in one area--mechanically, via higher education, or simply strong talent in one field or another--then they become vulnerable to falling into the trap of believing that they are knowledgeable in other areas.

I think this is why during the pandemic, experts in the law, economics, and other fields suddenly made know-it-all pronouncements about Covid, as if they had the foggiest of clues what they were talking about.

On the flip side of that coin, I think that someone who perceives himself as competent in one area will believe he can't be fooled in another.

That how conservative news sources have been able to fool so many of the people you describe.

Another element is longevity. Some of these sources have been beating the drum for decades.

Oh right wing propaganda is very effective

That is the problem. Decades of indoctrination by right wing media

But something makes them seek out those kind of news sources

Obviously you didn't. What makes you different?

Different politics?

This is a struggle between good and evil, a struggle between truth and lies. This is about out country staying a democracy.

This is not about policies, this is much much more than politics.
I think we enjoy more wealth and freedom than any country in the world 🌍 that is similar size. I believe my happiness comes from within. We each get one life. If I am materially comfortable, then it’s up to me to have sense enough to seek joy.

I don’t think never forgiving my neighbor for supporting Joe Biden is a very good way to find happiness and peace of mind.

I think we enjoy more wealth and freedom than any country in the world 🌍 that is similar size. I believe my happiness comes from within. We each get one life. If I am materially comfortable, then it’s up to me to have sense enough to seek joy.

I don’t think never forgiving my neighbor for supporting Joe Biden is a very good way to find happiness and peace of mind.

So am I to assume you voted for the other guy.

Glad I don't know you.

"Similar size." Many other countries enjoy more wealth and freedom than any other country in the world that is similar size to that country. China immediately springs to mind. Weird hedge.

Under any measure except for a few, the United States is not the best country in the world to live. Whether it is the "best" country shouldn't matter for a "real" American, but unfortunately too many "real" Americans feel the need to claim incorrectly that the United States is the "best" for one reason or another, thereby showing more about themselves than about the country in which they live.

"Similar size." Weird qualifier. Under any measure except for a few, the United States is not the best country in the world to live. Whether it is the "best" country shouldn't matter for a "real" American, but unfortunately too many "real" Americans feel the need to claim incorrectly that the United States is the best for one reason or another.

Definitely the best country in the world for the wealthy elite.

But not so much for the rest of us.

Back
Top Bottom