• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Trump Drop Pence?

Will Trump Now Drop Pence?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Drop Pence because Biden copycatted the Green Party in selecting a black female VP candidate LOL. Not going to happen.

No, but the VP debates just a whole lot more interesting. :mrgreen:

Pence is safe. He possesses the one and only character trait Trump cherishes and that's loyalty to Trump.

Pence was on his way out of politics when he picked him and he will ride the Trumptanic all the way to the bottom. It's a one way ticket.

With Kammy Harris now on the D ticket, with Trump try spicing his up a bit by replacing Pence with Nikki Haley?

If Pence goes on vacation and comes back with a tan, would you now consider our ticket "spiced up"?

With Kammy Harris now on the D ticket, with Trump try spicing his up a bit by replacing Pence with Nikki Haley?

No, he needs the religious fanatic vote.

Trump has already said that Pence is on the ticket during a news conference.

He really should OMFG that would be GLORIOUS! :lamo Imagine when they can't shut down any and all dissent just by accusing you of being a racist/sexist smear because the other party is also using Machiavellian identity politics tactics :lamo

Omg this country would lose it...

I think that is what Nikki Haley has sacrificed any dignity she had left in hopes of him doing, but I think it's too late and he won't do it.

As a side note, Pence was not brought on to appease the white evangelicals, Trump already had them, they were his first supporters. Pence was brought on to appease the super high-income donor class that was concerned about Trump's professed populism during the campaign (though he has obviously rewarded them all handsomely since being elected).

Pence was brought on because he was one of only two persons that wanted the (unlikely) job - him and Christie.

Pence was brought on because he was one of only two persons that wanted the (unlikely) job - him and Christie.

That is true as well. Trump had to find someone that was a pure opportunist, lacking in any principles, sense of dignity, or even a conscience.

FDR, for both his third and fourth term, changed VPs.

Interesting. However i'm not familiar with the reasons. Did they just move on, or did he ditch them to win reelection?

And if so, is there any real benefit to changing in Trump's case? Nikki Haley is better looking than Pence but he rounds up the evangelicals and she should be barefoot in a prairie dress as far as they're concerned.

Could perhaps a fresh face move Trump an inch toward the center and get new votes or is he safer where he is?

Interesting. Is there any real benefit to changing though in trump's case? Nikki Haley is better looking than Pence but he rounds up the evangelicals and she should be barefoot in a prairie dress as far as they'r concerned.

We live in interesting times......

Nikki Haley is better looking than Pence but he rounds up the evangelicals and she should be barefoot in a prairie dress as far as they're concerned.

Could perhaps a fresh face move Trump an inch toward the center and get new votes or is he safer where he is?

You are seriously suggesting that Trump replace Pence because Pence is white? And male?

Sorry, you all need to take a step back and look at your definition of racism. Because this is racism.

Pence cannot help the fact that he is white. Or male.

Focusing this much on gender and skin color, rather than on the policies people are proposing, is disrespecting politics.

Last edited:
You are seriously suggesting that Trump replace Pence because Pence is white? And male?

Sorry, you all need to take a step back and look at your definition of racism. Because this is racism. Pence cannot help the fact that he is white. Or male.

Focusing this much on gender and skin color, rather than the policies people are proposing, is disrespecting politics.

Nothing of the sort.

I was asking another poster what the benefits of replacing Pence might be, with the one whose name has most often been floated - Nikki Haley. If you have an opinion on the pros and cons of whether Trump needs a new VP, I happy to hear it.

Your take on me, however is most unwelcome and is frankly trolling. Step back and discuss the topic.

My bet is he will drop him and replace him with Tucker or Sean.

Nothing of the sort.

I was asking another poster what the benefits of replacing Pence might be, with the one whose name has most often been floated - Nikki Haley. If you have an opinion on the pros and cons of whether Trump needs a new VP, I happy to hear it.

Your take on me, however is most unwelcome and is frankly trolling. Step back and discuss the topic.
Uptower, this has nothing to do with you personally. This has to do with the ideas you posted. On topic to this thread.

This is a public forum, you were not discussing them privately with another poster.

You implied, through your argument, that Trump might want to replace Pence because Pence is a white male. When you post this, be prepared for people to disagree. Readers can see your ideas, you’re not having a private conversation.

You are blaming Pence for his race and gender, factors which he cannot control.

And suggesting that Trump replace Pence with Haley simply because Haley is female.

Last edited:
Uptower, this has nothing to do with you personally. This has to do with the ideas you posted. On topic to this thread.

This is a public forum, you were not discussing them privately with another poster.

You implied, through your argument, that Trump might want to replace Pence because Pence is a white male. When you post this, be prepared for people to disagree. Readers can see your ideas, you’re not having a private conversation.

You are blaming Pence for his race and gender, factors which he cannot control.

And suggesting that Trump replace Pence with Haley simply because Haley is female.

I did not mention white, or male or race and these were not on my mind so any charges of 'racism' directed at me are unfounded.

To discuss the issues, try doing it without the word 'you' in the post. If it's all about the ideas then that should be perfectly doable and keep the threads on topic.

Now What I suggested is that Haley might be less of a religious fundamentalist and it might appeal to more mainstream voters. I wondered aloud whether picking her might alienate evangelicals because I do not know the answer to that. I'm open to hearing one.

To discuss the issues, try doing it without the word 'you' in the post. If it's all about the ideas then that should be perfectly doable and keep the threads on topic.
When you post on a message board, and imply publicly that Pence should be replaced, you need to be ready for criticism.

Pence’s feelings need to be taken into consideration as well. Not just yours. And Pence cannot help, or change, the fact that he is a white male. You were implying he should be replaced by Haley because Haley is female, and is “better looking” than Pence, apparently to male voters?

This is the entire topic of the thread.

When posters use “Trump voters” or “liberals” instead of “you,” they are making generalizations, which are unjust to others who have not made those statements.

You are on a debate board. You need to be prepared for posters to use the word “ you.” The poster is addressing the views you expressed, not making unrelated personal comments.

Last edited:

No way. He's desperate to keep the evangelicals.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Back
Top Bottom