• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Will Hillary be the democratic nominee

Will Hillary be the democratic nominee in 2008?

• Yes. I am a conservative/republican

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Yes. I am a democrat/liberal

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • No. I am a conservative/republican

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • No. I am a democrat/liberal

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
Navy Pride said:
Most of those quotes were taking out of context but we were talking about Clinton not Bush...........
So it matters who does it?

Navy Pride said:
Well I was embarrassed by his actions........I hold the office of the presidency in very high esteem and he disgraced it.......
Ah, you mean at the same level as Watergate or Iran/Contra or the spying on Americans without a warrant?

steen said:
Ah, you mean at the same level as Watergate or Iran/Contra or the spying on Americans without a warrant?

Well at least Nixon had enough class to resign..........What happened to "Slick Willie."

Navy Pride said:
Well I was embarrassed by his actions........I hold the office of the presidency in very high esteem and he disgraced it.......

I believe Newt and the Contract with America came in 1994.That was the mid term elections........The guy that switched I believe was Jeffors in 2000...
Funny that you should reference/praise Newt right after you preached to us about how evil President Clinton was for having sex out of wedlock? How do you reconcile this then:
In August 1999, Gingrich revealed that he had been carrying on an extramarital affair for the past six years with a House clerk twenty-three years his junior, Callista Bisek. Critics noted that Gingrich's adultery had taken place while he was leading moral attacks against Bill Clinton during the Lewinsky scandal. Because of the similarity of the situations, critics charged Gingrich's attacks on Clinton had been grossly hypocritical. In December 1999, Gingrich divorced his second wife, Marianne. On August 19, 2000, Gingrich married Callista Bisek as his third wife.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newt_Gingrich#1998_Fall_from_the_Speakership_and_resignation_from_House

My question to you Navy Pride is why do you constantly refer to Clinton and his sex yet praise Newt every chance you get? Is it because Newt's a Republican?

Did you note that Newt's sex was with a House clerk 23 years his junior?

Would you please explain how come you always attack Clinton for sex yet at the same time you praise Newt who was Speaker of the House? Do you hold the office of Speaker of the House in low esteem?

Can you see how I would think it's hypocritical to bash Clinton for having an affair and then in the next sentence praise Newt when he had exactly the same sort of affair at exactly the same time? Do you?

Navy Pride said:
Well at least Nixon had enough class to resign..........What happened to "Slick Willie."
He was found NOT GUILTY in his Senate trial! Had Nixon stood trial he would have been found guilty. It's amazing to me that you're now comparing Nixon to Clinton!

Question for you Navy Pride? Why do you always bring up President Clinton? What does that have to do with this thread debating whether Hillary will be the Democratic candidate in 2008?

The relentless attacks against President Clinton 5 years after he left office and 8 years after he was acquitted by the Senate is a bit much, don't you think?

You never talk about Newt, ever. I can't remember even one time you've brought up that Newt was having a long term affair with a woman 23 years his junior. Why the partisan politics all the time? Why the compulsive need to bring up Clinton's Willie? Shouldn't you also be writing about Newt's Gingrich? :mrgreen:

26 X World Champs said:
He was found NOT GUILTY in his Senate trial! Had Nixon stood trial he would have been found guilty. It's amazing to me that you're now comparing Nixon to Clinton!

Question for you Navy Pride? Why do you always bring up President Clinton? What does that have to do with this thread debating whether Hillary will be the Democratic candidate in 2008?

The relentless attacks against President Clinton 5 years after he left office and 8 years after he was acquitted by the Senate is a bit much, don't you think?

You never talk about Newt, ever. I can't remember even one time you've brought up that Newt was having a long term affair with a woman 23 years his junior. Why the partisan politics all the time? Why the compulsive need to bring up Clinton's Willie? Shouldn't you also be writing about Newt's Gingrich? :mrgreen:

I think that is the first time I have ever mentioned Newt since I have posted to this forum.........And unlike "Slick Willie" who did not have the class to resign Newt paid for his indiscretions by leaving the Congress and losing his family.....And it was not with a 22 year old girl......

"Slick Willie" committed perjury and lost his law license for doing it.............

He disgraced the office of the presidency by his disgraceful behavior.......

26 X World Champs said:

and one more thing, I did not bring up Clinton.Gal did.........

Last edited:
26 X World Champs said:
Why the compulsive need to bring up Clinton's Willie?
Im SURE you did not mean it this in the way I just read it...:rofl

Navy Pride said:
I think that is the first time I have ever mentioned Newt since I have posted to this forum.
Come again?
Navy Pride said:
I wouln't be to sure of that..Especially if the candidate happens to be Newt Gingrich...
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=156006&postcount=7
Navy Pride said:
Yeah Galen, lets be fair...........Clinton did accomplish all those things with Newt and the Republican Congress and their Contract with America......He did all that reform kicking and screaming all the way to the signings.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=119278&postcount=191

Navy Pride said:
"Slick Willie" committed perjury and lost his law license for doing it.............

Oh please, if Bush was asked about whether Laura puts her mouth on his weiner or if he masturbates I'm sure he'd lie too. Clinton shouldn't have had to answer questions about what sex acts he engaged in either. Neither is our business.

26 X World Champs said:
LOL! In a way I did, but not exactly the way you're implying. I also like my mention of Newt's Gingrich, you know?

And then you wrote "Come again?...

I'm definitely in the wrong forum....:doh

Columbusite said:
Oh please, if Bush was asked about whether Laura puts her mouth on his weiner or if he masturbates I'm sure he'd lie too. Clinton shouldn't have had to answer questions about what sex acts he engaged in either. Neither is our business.

Very classy comment.......:roll:

champs you have way to much time on your hands my friend......I mentioned Newt in the context of a possible presidential candidate in 2008.......

Navy Pride said:

Hey, I'm not the one who made it OK to pry into the sex lives of politicians and spill the details of who licked what and who stuck what where, you can thank republicans for that.

Navy Pride said:
Very true. "Neither is our business." How very true and classy.

The repugnicans, of course disagrees, feeling that a president's sex life is very important and should be discussed in Congress.

Now, I must have missed where they are actually discussing shrubbies blowjobs. Could you direct me to where the repugnicans prove themselves to NOT be hypocrites by actually dealing with shrubbie's sex life?:2razz:

No? So they are hypocrites? Well, thank you for that admission.

Navy Pride said:
unlike "Slick Willie" who did not have the class to resign Newt paid for his indiscretions by leaving the Congress and losing his family.
Not because of his having an ilicit dirty little affair you know? He resigned after he predicted that the Republicans would pick up 30+ seats in the House in the 1998 election and instead lost 5 seats. That was what made him leave. You're incorrect in suggesting that he left the Congress over blow jobs, he left because he sucked at his job (sorry, I couldn't resist) :rofl

Navy Pride said:
And it was not with a 22 year old girl.
He was 50 and she was 27 when he started Gingriching her. Stop being such a hypocrite, it's way too transparent.

Clinton was 48 and Lewinsky was 22 when she started playing with Willie.

Are you going to insist that there's a difference here? Please! Why must you defend anything Republican even when confronted with truthful facts that show that some of your heroes were not "all that"?

If you think Clinton was a Dick then it is only logical that you should also think that Newt was a Dick too?

Some facts about Newt:
In fact, Gingrich had predicted a 30-seat Republican pickup. Instead, the Republicans lost five seats—the poorest results in 34 years for any party not in control of the White House. Gingrich took most of the blame for the defeat. Amid threats of a rebellion in his caucus, he announced that he would not only stand down as Speaker, but would leave the House as well. He had been elected to an 11th term in that election, but declined to take his seat.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Newt_Gingrich&action=edit&section=12

BTW - He resigned before anyone knew how he was using his Gingrich!
Navy Pride said:
"Slick Willie" committed perjury and lost his law license for doing it.
President Clinton was found NOT GUILTY on all charges, period. You can change history to suit your psyche but you cannot change the truth.
Navy Pride said:
He disgraced the office of the presidency by his disgraceful behavior.
What about Newt? Did he disgrace the office of Speaker of the House?

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
I think that is the first time I have ever mentioned Newt since I have posted to this forum.........And unlike "Slick Willie" who did not have the class to resign Newt paid for his indiscretions by leaving the Congress and losing his family.....
Well, the family lost him, he serving his wife the divorce papers in the hospital when she was recovering from cancer surgery. Way classy, those conservative family values.

Navy Pride said:
I think that is the first time I have ever mentioned Newt since I have posted to this forum.........And unlike "Slick Willie" who did not have the class to resign Newt paid for his indiscretions by leaving the Congress and losing his family.....
Well, the family lost him, he serving his wife the divorce papers in the hospital when she was recovering from cancer surgery. Way classy, those conservative family values.:roll:

steen said:
Well, the family lost him, he serving his wife the divorce papers in the hospital when she was recovering from cancer surgery. Way classy, those conservative family values.

I was just going to say that. And wasn't he having an affair before getting that divorce? If so, I DEMAND to know what was going on! Who went down on who? It's my right to know!!!

Navy Pride said:
Well I was embarrassed by his actions........I hold the office of the presidency in very high esteem and he disgraced it....

You should be embarrased by the fact that you hold any human being in higher esteem than another. If you knew everything about that person you would be disappointed every time.

independent_thinker2002 said:
You should be embarrased by the fact that you hold any human being in higher esteem than another. If you knew everything about that person you would be disappointed every time.

I can tell you I know more about that scum ball Clinton then I care to know.....How Hillary ever stayed with him shows what a door mat she is too...

Navy Pride said:
I can tell you I know more about that scum ball Clinton then I care to know.....How Hillary ever stayed with him shows what a door mat she is too...

Hey. Whoa. Aren't you Christian? Aren't you guys supposed to forgive people? So she forgave him. Lots of women do it. Lots of men too for that matter. Maybe she decided her family and her love for him was more important than some stupid fling that some stupid people blew way out of proportion. That in no way makes her a doormat, and it is rude of you to say so.

Back
Top Bottom